oulzac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oulzac

I got mine a few hours ago. Got it all charged up, updated and customized to my liking.

I really, really like this device. It puts all my other tablets to shame.

Jon651

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jon651

Received my Xoom today (it was delivered yesterday but I couldn't get it into my hands until this morning), and I have to say

IT. IS. WONDERFUL!

The device looked absolutely new - no scratches, scuffs, fingerprints, etc. It performs flawlessly - it came shipped with Honeycomb 3.1 and after I established a connection to my home network it prompted me to install 3.2 after about 15 minutes. The upgrade was simple (one button and an automatic reboot).

It took me less than an hour to learn my way around, customize the home screens, and download/install about a dozen apps I couldn't live without. I have no experience with an iPad and my phone is "dumb", but the interface, widgets, apps, settings, etc. were very intuitive and simple to use and customize. I even managed to find and install Adobe Flash 10.3 and the Netflix APK in only a few minutes and have both up and running. I was a little concerned about getting Flash and the microSD slot to work due to some of comments on the "other" Xoom forum (sold on 7/13), but if a tablet noobie like me can get both up and running without any brain sweat at all then I can only say that those few who were vociferously complaining about it must have had even more rocks for brains than me.

The browser is taking a little time to get used to. Selecting list items, links, etc. is not as smooth as on a "real" computer, and having to zoom in and out to do certain things is a little time consuming but I feel that I could tolerate it as I don't spend a lot of time surfing anyways.

I also found that not only can you pinch to zoom in and out, but use two fingers to rotate as well. A very cool feature for the mapping app.

I have a friend who is an iPad fan and he has been putting the Xoom thru its paces. His final verdict is that the iPad is more intuitive and elegant, but the Xoom is more flexible and open. Take that for what it's worth.

Overall, I am very very happy with this purchase and will undoubtedly get a lot of good use out of it.

Thanks again Woot!

Cheers - Jon651

ncoutinho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncoutinho

How long will it take for refund after refused shipment has been delivered back to Woot? Can anyone share their experiences?

bubiev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubiev
ncoutinho wrote:How long will it take for refund after refused shipment has been delivered back to Woot? Can anyone share their experiences?

I refused shipment on August 5, item was sent back to Woot on same day. No refund to date. More details in the July 13 discussion thread.