nojmit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nojmit

I have had 3 Roombas of different types, and all have done the circle dance of death after 50 to 100 uses. Will never waste my money on one again, no matter how cheap it is.

Tim C.

royvij

quality posts: 2 Private Messages royvij
HughHemington wrote:I own a Roomba AND a Scooba. They're both in the GARAGE. They should be in the GARBAGE. The Roomba "worked" for about a month. I quote "worked" because it picked up almost nothing, left the floor visibly dirty and then broke down. Even when it worked, it couldn't climb over the edge of an area rug, so it only traveled in a third of the room when it moved.

The Scooba worked a week longer I think. It cleaned about as much as the Roomba vacuumed and then decided to start cleaning without using any fluid. It took at least three times longer to prepare and clean up after than a bucket and mop. I bought 4 bottles of the fluid right after I got it, and I still have ALL FOUR. That's how long IT lasted! As with everything else, repair costs more than replacement, so they're both disposable.

Save the cost, irritation and clutter!
Vacuum your own floor!
Mop your own kitchen!

I will buy them from you for $50 bucks... :D

breezy287

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breezy287
chloemcgillicuddy wrote:OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG, THATS what started me on the search for a Roomba. His worked well until one of the tweekers pulled it apart! I ♥ that show!!

I can't believe that I am not the only one who after watching Jessie's roomba on breaking bad looked to see how much they were and where I could purchase one. The Show ROCKS!!

royvij

quality posts: 2 Private Messages royvij
nojmit wrote:I have had 3 Roombas of different types, and all have done the circle dance of death after 50 to 100 uses. Will never waste my money on one again, no matter how cheap it is.

There is a fix although a little painful. http://mysteryroad.blogs.com/photos/roomba_gallery/xintroroomba_3549.html

There are repair site's too. Sorry see the warning on the repair service below. I have seen others on ebay.

http://www.protechrobotics.com/roomba-repair-service.php?cat=19

youtube video on how to repair it yourself half an hour and mute is your friend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN03AWr1VAk

There is a warning on the repair service too and a $100 replacement program from irobot.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/roomba?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1OFPA1K5VVDTW&cdThread=Tx28TX7QGJA9WIW&displayType=tagsDetail

guinnessface

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guinnessface

I bought one the last time the deal was up. No, it's not a set it and forget it device, but it's a great appliance to have.It'll taek care of one or two rooms at a time as long as it doesnt't have something to get snagged on (cords, rug tassles, etc). We have two long haired dogs whose shedding have yet to slow the roomba down. It does need to be cleaned out after every few runs, but it far outweighs the demanding physical test of vacuuming! It's well worth the price, enjoy!

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
jinbushenko wrote:oh how silly. Push a damn vacuum cleaner.

Sure you can, but then I have to move my couch out of the way to get underneath it, the Roomba fits nicely underneath it and does that area. It also goes under the bed, around the kitchen chairs and under the kitchen table, etc.

dawgdave99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99

How duz I eat dis cheezburger?

midisync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midisync

You will absolutely love it. Until it dies and iRobot tells you it's out of warrantee. It works great until it doesn’t. I’ve got two setting in my basement.

abacusgroup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abacusgroup

I've had 4 of these (thanks to my wife). The battery technology is terrible. Even if you leave it on charge when not in use, you have to replace the batteries every year, at about $75.00 per. You have to clean it out after every use especially if you have a pet. It takes longer to give the Roomba a proper cleaning than it does to get the regular vac out and run it. If you live in a 2 room apartment with hard floors and nothing on the floor that has to be moved, it is probably a good deal.

gingerrox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gingerrox
abacusgroup wrote:If you live in a 2 room apartment with hard floors and nothing on the floor that has to be moved, it is probably a good deal.

And I do! In for my first Roomba/pet.

alfredpost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfredpost

I have a 560 it will be interesting to compare but for $119 Im realistic..

Any idea when they will ship.. can they be tracked using fedex.

dnort001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnort001

I have owned different Roomba models for 4 years -- I just keep buying more. I even take them on vacation! Your Roomba will work best and last longer if you keep it continually on the charger and clean it after every use, I also wash my filter when it gets really dirty.

alfredpost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfredpost

ok my units have just shipped... all three of them... individually I just assumed they would be shipped as one item.

Is there any way they can be consolidated into one box? Is this something I should have asked for at the time I ordered?

Its just that I am onforwarding them and wll have to repackage..

Cheers.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

iRobot Roomba Robotic Vacuum has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

pumpea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pumpea

I bought this can't wait to get it. I really want a scooba, Woot, what ya say?

tdebli1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tdebli1

Mine's expected to arrive tomorrow!

checkmate0021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages checkmate0021

Get the 500 series or higher the extra money is worth it with in the short and long run.

Jehremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jehremy

Man am I disappointed. My roomba arrived today, but it doesn't work! I called customer support and apparently it is a defective battery. They said they'll send me a new one, but it will take two weeks.

I live in a small two bedroom apartment with tile flooring in the middle of the desert. I thought this would be perfect for me, and I wouldn't have to sweep anymore. Oh well, with great excitement comes great disappointment. I'll update when the new battery arrives.

Catrine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Catrine
mlmjr wrote:I have now gone thru 3 roombas -- none have lasted more than a few months. As this is Woot.com and not a complaint forum I will spare the ugly details. But I will never buy one again.

Just my .02 cents worth.

I had mine for over 2 years with no problems. Love it!

joanie2100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joanie2100

My guy arrived yesterday and I LOVE it!
Easy to use, no problems going between carpeting and hardwood.
Make the carpeting look great too.
This isn't a deep cleaning machine but is great for every day cleaning.

maryjaneb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryjaneb

I ordered my iRobot Roomba 8 days ago and it still has not shipped yet, Is this normal? Anyone else having this problem?

Jehremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jehremy

Okay, so God miracled my Roomba's battery to life. It just started charging this morning out of no where. I left it to charge this morning and is currently cleaning my apartment- quite well. Of course I've had to pick up all my area rugs and keep it away from all my computer wiring. At one point it even bumped into my power bar and shut off my computer station.

Roomba is like a drunk maid.

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

so i got my roomba today (it arrived friday, i didn't arrive until today), and the user's manual is in english, the box text is in english, the warranty/ELUA is in english, the registration card is in english. the quick start guide, however, is in french. good thing it has pictures. also, sentences like, "Placez la batterie dans le Roomba," help.

*amused*

ucwino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ucwino

I really love mine, picks up everything!

cmatsuura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmatsuura

Had the vacuum since Aug/2011. Started having battery issues in Oct where it would not run very long. Now in Dec it won't hold a charge long enough to even start. Disappointing. Also the model will not work with any docking stations, another disappointment. Decide to just keep it, but with the battery problem now, I very disappointed with this purchase and device.