varma31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages varma31

I have ordered it but realized i can't transfer my existing magicjack number. don't know how to cancel it. Sent emails to the Service@woot.com. Didn't get any response from them

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

varma31 wrote:I have ordered it but realized i can't transfer my existing magicjack number. don't know how to cancel it. Sent emails to the Service@woot.com. Didn't get any response from them

Hi there. It's a weekend, and woot customer service people work regular business hours--which means they get the weekend off. Your email will be received and read on Monday, and hopefully they'll be able to cancel your order quickly. Please be patient, thanks.

deeran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deeran
schouest wrote:Why are you keeping both? Is NetTalk insufficient?

I have NetTalk and it's lousy.About a 1 second delay in speaking and hearing the other person.You're always overlapping each others conversation.That's why I bought this.

bukzin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bukzin
wmack7 wrote:ahhhhh man!!!!!!! I want one and I can't get it today! Will Woot have the Ooma for sale again? If so, do anyone knows how often Woot repeat the same item?

My northern California Costco still has them.

As I often see, Costco got Ooma to throw in several extras to their package
Making the $179 price excellent for a non-refurb.

Tristan944

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tristan944

Are they ever going to ship this thing?

Tristan944

Ask and ye shall receive, sweet!

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

My Telo arived today, but the packaging is different than what was listed.

Listing: http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18632
Packaging:

I received a plain black box labeled "ooma" w/ the logo in white. I'm just curious if anyone knows why or if the listing was just wrong.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

featherz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages featherz

Mine just got here but says activation # is invalid. bleh. Off to call OOMA. =(

After about an hour on the phone with them, they decided the activation number was wrong and gave me a new one. Now it's working. Just fyi in case anyone else gets the same issue. Maybe something to do with the refurbishing?

dinki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinki

Working great. The dialtone is a bit odd.

Got it working hooked into my wireless access point and even connected it to my existing phone wiring so I can use it on any phone jack.

I'm planning on forwarding my land line to my new Ooma number so I can test drive the service with my existing number before porting the number over and then finally ridding myself of a now nearly $50 phone bill for mostly basic service (one phone line, call waiting and caller id). AT&T is about to be told where they can put that bill.

Tristan944

I got mine set up easily, but it is not letting me receive calls, only letting me place them. The manual said it can take about 15 minutes to be able to receive calls, well it's been about 7 hours and it's still not working right....

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge
featherz wrote:Mine just got here but says activation # is invalid. bleh. Off to call OOMA. =(

After about an hour on the phone with them, they decided the activation number was wrong and gave me a new one. Now it's working. Just fyi in case anyone else gets the same issue. Maybe something to do with the refurbishing?

Same issue. Tech support even asked if I had purchased from Woot. Since the whole thing was done over the phone I ended up with a random phone number, so if you call have some ideas what numbers after the area code you like. Also the unit I got was Rev A. I do not know if that is the most recent. One reason not to buy refurb equipemt is it is often not the most recent.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

ereinsch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ereinsch

Got mine in! Couldn't be happier! Looked up their handset which from what I read is a total steaming pile of failure, and their usb adapter so your cell can ring through the ooma... well after a little research I picked up one of these [Panasonic KX-TG7623B DECT 6.0 Link-to-Cell via Bluetooth Cordless Phone, Black, 3 Handsets] at Best Buy for about 90 bucks. These two items combined are a powerhouse! I've linked my iPhone and work cell to the Panasonic, so I can punch in a number, and hit call to use the ooma, or select either of the two cells to call out from. Paired them both. So from any of the handsets, I can call using my business cell, my iPhone, or my ooma number. Also, all calls that come in ring the Panasonic handsets as well, all with distinctive rings (ooma, iPhone, work cell). It pulled in all the contacts from my iPhone in a breeze. It also supports a wireless headset, which I'm about to test out and let you know how it goes. I was really shocked how simply and effortlessly getting this all set up was. I disabled voicemail on the ooma, and the iPhone, and use google voice's voicemail, which is more robust anyhow. Screw trying to get it all through ooma, use the panasonic and get more for less! Was gunna pick it up on amazon, but the cost was a difference of about 10 bucks, and I couldn't wait. I've told everyeone to start using my Google Voice number, which rings my ooma, and my iPhone. I dropped my minutes to the lowest, and texts from unlimited to 1k. Should cut off about 50 bucks a month from my AT&T bill. Get it. You won't be disappointed!

EDIT: I was thinking I'll update my voicemail for my iPhone to say, "if you've received this, please call my google voice number at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I'll hear through the distinctive ring their calling my iPhone directly, and not answer till they get my iPhone voicemail. If they call back with the google voice number, which will ring the iPhone as well, I'll pick up if I can; otherwise, the google voice voicemail will pick up. Makes getting people to change easy. In rough theory so far, but I just shot a bunch of texts saying new number, and it's basically done. I haven't tried all the permutations, but I did use one handset to call out from my work cell, to dial my iPhone, which rang the panasonic handset, which I picked up from another handset, and all worked well... they've really ironed the thing out... Pretty impressed.

Oh yeah, no activation fee, and I did set it up in front of the router... just for ease, at first.

bofindu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bofindu
wmack7 wrote:ahhhhh man!!!!!!! I want one and I can't get it today! Will Woot have the Ooma for sale again? If so, do anyone knows how often Woot repeat the same item?

I changed my mind the day it arrived (Aug 19) - don't want it - haven't opened my package. How can I forward it to you at cost?

phel0049

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phel0049
tracydr wrote:Question?

Why are some of you people (not you necessarily!) on the OOMA thread trying to "sell" obi? If you have something to say about OOMA...then say it, otherwise stop trying to "sell" another product!!

--------------------------------------
I actually really appreciate the information about other comparable products so I can make a more informed decision on whether to purchase the one currently for sale. I am sure I'm not the only one.

I currently have GoogleVoice and Vonage (200-minute plan - price increased 3 times since I started) and was looking for more information on what I could replace it with.

I've heard good things about OOMA, but am concerned about the refurbished aspect and also that maybe there is a better product (one of OOMA's others or this Obi) I should get instead, so I like the discussion and think that should be welcome in this forum. My two cents, at least.

badhabit12

quality posts: 15 Private Messages badhabit12

Why don't you contact WOOT? After all they did ban you. Why would you ask people that had nothing to do with you being banned?

crazytomato76 wrote:anyone know why when I try to order it says I've been banned?

johnnystrauss77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnystrauss77

Today with the rapid advancement of the technologies, many telecommunication services and features are automated. Business phone system is like the auto-attendant service that replaces the position of personal receptionist. Most of the business phone system services now are handled by computer where telephone forwarding service routes calls to different extensions in an instant..

Business Phone System