martinchill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinchill
skywarrior3 wrote:If this isn't a quality post, I don't know what is.

tyvm.

broadhus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broadhus
sdc100 wrote:Nothing too spectacular about this but it's a good value.

PROS

- Great 17" screen. I've never seen a 17" screen on a sub $400 notebook
- LED back lit for reliability and longer battery life
- It comes with 4gb. many sub $400 noteboosk come with 4gb
- It has a webcam
- It has a keypad, which not only helps with data entry but it can help in gaming, and is necessary for typing certain Alt-chars, i.e. Alt-0153 is ™
- It has HDMI output which many budget laptops don't

CONS

- SLow 2.0ghz CPU
- CPU is old technology. Current notebooks use Intel i-processors, with budget models using i3. They improve energy efficiency and performance
- 17" is great for a desktop replacement but the weak CPU is not powerful enough to serve such a function
- 17" makes it harder to find accessories for, i.e. cases cost more
- 17" makes it less portable, i.e. may not be good for students to lug around

Overall, I'd recommend it for someone on a budget or who doesn't need too much power, i.e. your grandparents, who may also benefit from the larger screen because of poor eyesight.

What about college kids on a budget looking for hi def OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!? Not everyone gets a free ride Richie Rich.

Oh yeah, I bought one...for reading the news.

broadhus

greciandelight wrote:I think the server is still hungover from the woot-off.

Ron Paul, for real? You must be hung over...all the time.

broadhus

loudermipr wrote:stick it back in please?!

That is what she said.

normpo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages normpo

I've read the several negative comments here, but I have to tell you I have this computer already (paid $1600 for mine over 2.5 years ago) and I just bought THIS one as a backup. I have had zero problems with it -- it is my "main" computer and I use it at least 14 hours a day for my business and personal. I am NOT a game and graphics guy so I cannot speak to those issues or needs. But mine is fast, reliable and worthe every penny I paid for it. I must say I am NOT a fan of buying "refurbished" items (even from WOOT) but I think this is worth the risk.
Norm

triplea333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triplea333

For those of you who bought the laptop.. does any1 know when they will be shipped? thx

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

triplea333 wrote:For those of you who bought the laptop.. does any1 know when they will be shipped? thx

I sent you PM with your tracking. I hope your F5 key knows what it's in for...

kenski24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenski24

Received the laptop today and it has a HUGE dent on the corner -- caved in about 2". What are my options? Can I return or exchange for another? I'm hesitant to open the box. I hate to open it up and be accused of damaging it when it clearly had issues during shipment.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kenski24 wrote:Received the laptop today and it has a HUGE dent on the corner -- caved in about 2". What are my options? Can I return or exchange for another? I'm hesitant to open the box. I hate to open it up and be accused of damaging it when it clearly had issues during shipment.

I'm sorry about the problem. The dent is to the box? It's possible everything inside is fine but the choice is completely up to you.

Feel free to email service@woot.com for advice. It's the weekend so it will be Monday before they can answer. Just remember to look in Spam/Junk folders if you don't see an answer by sometime Monday.

Again, apologies for the problem.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kenski24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenski24
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry about the problem. The dent is to the box? It's possible everything inside is fine but the choice is completely up to you.

Feel free to email service@woot.com for advice. It's the weekend so it will be Monday before they can answer. Just remember to look in Spam/Junk folders if you don't see an answer by sometime Monday.

Again, apologies for the problem.

Will take a look inside and hope all is well. Will contact service if any problems. Thanks so much for the quick reply.