0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Singer Perfect Finish LCD Sewing Machine & Serger
$349.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

saltysteele

quality posts: 4 Private Messages saltysteele

same price as at Joann's fabrics and crafts for JUST the sewing machine - $349

serger is another $179

sva777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sva777

Review:

http://www.it-echo.com/2011/03/30/singer-et1-perfect-finish-sewing-machine-and-singer-14et754-serger-set-review-2.html

Supersox

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Supersox

My Singer sings "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

Will this machine accommodate the threads of spider webs? Without giving away too many details, I need to put together an outfit for upcoming heroic endeavors.

endangereddelicacies

quality posts: 2 Private Messages endangereddelicacies

As a single male, I must ask, what is this? The newest model roomba?

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100

Omigawd, a ne'er-been-seen-before item on Woot! And I thought that it was gonna be another HP computer...

saltysteele

quality posts: 4 Private Messages saltysteele

$699.95 at HSN for this same package

plavacek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages plavacek

What is a serger? And, does me not knowing that mean I have no reason to buy it?

nad46

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nad46

Sounds like a great deal---selling else where on the net for over $500 for the set and that does not include the shipping.

martmann4

quality posts: 15 Private Messages martmann4

Make it sew number 1.

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

unlikely

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unlikely

Does this thing hook in to your computer to do embroidery or anything?

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Usually I like the products on woot, but today's woot is only sew-sew. ;)

(Hey, some one had to do it.)

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Somehow I don't think anyone is going to be complaining about the $5 shipping today...

ahuff330

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ahuff330
bluejester wrote:Usually I like the products on woot, but today's woot is only sew-sew. ;)

(Hey, some one had to do it.)

Was about to say this Woot! has me in stitches.

andrea8090

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andrea8090

Looks like a similar package is available through HSN for twice as much.

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/singer-perfect-finish-sewing-machine-and-serger-set_p-6303535_xp.aspx

There's also a video and some additional images.

devexityspace

quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace

Singer is the only brand of sewing machines anyone should ever even consider. It's the "Apple" of sewing machines in a sense.

This is an amazing price at $350.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0

the7654

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the7654

So I could buy the computer from yesterday or a sewing machine tough choice.

sdc100

cg413

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cg413
plavacek wrote:What is a serger? And, does me not knowing that mean I have no reason to buy it?

definitely LOL

rsmoker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsmoker

I was ready to make a joke about how this should be on wife.woot.com and then I realized I'm more likely to sew than my wife.

rsmoker.

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone

Any opinions on the overall quality and durability of the sewing machine? My wife's been itching for one, so I've been doing my research and it seems many of today's machines lack the durability I remember from my days in junior high, making my bookbag and potholder. Also, being a bit of a luddite, something about a computerized sewing machine just leads me to wonder if this isn't a feature that's destined to malfunction.

Zeffmeister

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zeffmeister

So this product teaches me to sing like the Perfect Finnish Singer Lauri Christian Därvinen (LCD to his fans)?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Does anyone know if the sewing machine can handle basic stitches on heavy fabrics like canvas and denim?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jmedlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmedlen
pinchecat wrote:Will this machine accommodate the threads of spider webs? Without giving away too many details, I need to put together an outfit for upcoming heroic endeavors.

Sure, but it won't 'milk' the spiders for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFF68_bME9E

cherrysweet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cherrysweet

Just one question - why does everything have to be made in China. I will stick with my old machine - American made. I plan to purchase only products made in America. Let's support our own work force.
Last thought - Singer has been a reliable brand!

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman
clintone wrote:Any opinions on the overall quality and durability of the sewing machine? My wife's been itching for one, so I've been doing my research and it seems many of today's machines lack the durability I remember from my days in junior high, making my bookbag and potholder. Also, being a bit of a luddite, something about a computerized sewing machine just leads me to wonder if this isn't a feature that's destined to malfunction.

Well, it does come with a 25 year warranty... that's 100x as long as the usual 90 days we see on so many products here.

ahuff330

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ahuff330

Maybe now I can sew a couple of small polo shirts into one that fits. Thanks woot!

ipegot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ipegot
devexityspace wrote:Singer is the only brand of sewing machines anyone should ever even consider. It's the "Apple" of sewing machines in a sense.

While the price is good, you've obviously never heard of Pfaff or Consew...

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
plavacek wrote:What is a serger? And, does me not knowing that mean I have no reason to buy it?

A serger trims the seam and encloses the seam allowance or edge of the fabric, inside a thread casing, all in one step.

So, to answer your question, a serger saves time.

sammehp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammehp
saltysteele wrote:$699.95 at HSN for this same package

My wife saw that and made me get her one right away! The fact that it comes with a surger (She had to explain what it is to me. Basically it's fancy little stitching things at the ends of skirts. Something like that maybe? I still don't get it.) was well worth it!

I read reviews real quick before buying. Pretty much a solid 4.5/5 stars on most sites. Early birthday gift by 3 months!

marble80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marble80

If you look at the inside seams of your clothes and see a stitch that has several threads that is a serged seam. hope this makes sense

ladypuma8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ladypuma8

New singer sewing machines aren't nearly as durable as older ones, but the price for the pair is unbelievable.

A serger will sew your seam, cut the fabric and finish the edge in the same pass. It saves a tremendous amount of time. If you look at the seams of your clothing, most of them are serged. you can do a lot of other things, but that is what I used one most for. Also, most craft stores will host classes teaching you everything from the basics to the fine details on everything it can do.

takitron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takitron

Here is the "Features and Benefits" pdf from Singer.

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/1276_perfect-finish-combo-features-and-benefits.pdf

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

Take a look at how the arms on your favorite sweatshirt are sewn on... that was done by a serger. Something that is only likely to be used by a more advanced sewer. (My wife has one or I'd have to claim ignorance as well.)

bubbawheat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawheat
devexityspace wrote:Singer is the only brand of sewing machines anyone should ever even consider. It's the "Apple" of sewing machines in a sense.

It may be a good price but FWIW My Mom says Singer hasn't been a great brand for decades. She says her Bernina & Vikings are top grade - I suspect that's more Apple like - expensive but high wow & high quality.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

This is sew different from most items on woot! It seams they are trying to blend into a slightly different target audience. I have the notion that a few grandmas may be bobbin in here to take a look at this riveting machine. I think I'll pass on this one however, time for me to bolt away for a nap.

P.S. Thanks thesewingdictionary.com

marble80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marble80
sammehp wrote:My wife saw that and made me get her one right away! The fact that it comes with a surger (She had to explain what it is to me. Basically it's fancy little stitching things at the ends of skirts. Something like that maybe? I still don't get it.) was well worth it!

I read reviews real quick before buying. Pretty much a solid 4.5/5 stars on most sites. Early birthday gift by 3 months!

The only thing to be aware of when buying a singer is that all the internal parts are plastic so they can break easier than other brand machines

sdc100

The weird thing is that neither model exists on Singer's website. I wonder what that means... ? The Search function is weird in that you're not allowed to put letters in.