Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

have you watched abc's new show, once upon a time? I've seen the first two episodes so far and liked it more than I thought i would.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Leahbh wrote:have you watched abc's new show, once upon a time? I've seen the first two episodes so far and liked it more than I thought i would.

Yes! I was also in the same boat of "liking this more than I thought". I am hoping to watch this week's over lunch today.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Leahbh

Just found out nbc is benching Community for 30 rock after christmas.

community is the only nbc thursday show I watch anymore. i got behind on 30 rock around season 4, i think and never got back to it.

Leahbh

does anyone watch The Good Wife? i've heard good things about it but have never watched. best buy has season 1 on sale right now.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

Mon:
House
Castle
Rizzoli & Isles
Secret Life Of The American Teenager (my sister got me hooked!)
Hells Kitchen (when it's on)

Tues:
Glee
Biggest Loser
American Idol
Body Of Proof
Teen Mom (I know, I know)

Wed:
American Idol Results
X-Factor

Thurs:
X-Factor Results

Fri/Sat
DVR day where I catch up on shows that I missed/was too tired to watch when they aired

Sun:
Once Upon A Time

January needs to come sooner. I miss my shows.

luckynumber8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luckynumber8

Terra Nova finale the other night. Any thoughts?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I usually end up recording a lot of these and watching them later or just watching them online.

Here's what I regularly watch:

Castle
Hawaii Five-0
Mentalist
Grey's Anatomy
House
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men

Reality TV
Survivor
Amazing Race
Hell's Kitchen
Fear Factor

I watched the episodes of Once Upon a Time (ABC) online and really liked it. I'll probably keep up on that show. You can still watch all the episodes online to catch up before it starts again in January. Oh, looks like they're gonna marathon them on Jan 1.

Same thing for Grimm (NBC).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

luckynumber8 wrote:Terra Nova finale the other night. Any thoughts?

Finale? Already? Did the dinosaurs eat everyone?

I watched a few and then stopped.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dontwantaname wrote:Finale? Already? Did the dinosaurs eat everyone?

I think the finales are midseason finales so they could take a break over the holidays, which is awful to me. When I have time off I want to watch new stuff!

I'm just hanging out, really.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I watched one, and I must say that the plot appears to be written by a 3 year old, and everyone in it is an Krampus.

Still single, can't imagine why.

luckynumber8

FenStar wrote:I watched one, and I must say that the plot appears to be written by a 3 year old, and everyone in it is an Krampus.

Yeah, the finale was a little underwear kinda. They did manage to stretch it out a little more and leave a new cliff-hanger, so there will probably be a next season. Otherwise that would just be stupid to just open up that new "plot-thickener" and quit the show.

How about the animation? Now that is done by a 3 year old. The one episode where Taylor and Jim went fishing and caught a swordfish (or something), the animation on that was sooo terrible!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I googled it. Can't figure out if it has been picked up for another season or not.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Leahbh

luckynumber8 wrote:Terra Nova finale the other night. Any thoughts?

I haven't had a chance to watch the finale yet, but it's on the dvr.

only 13 episodes were made for season 1, that was always the plan.

FenStar wrote:I watched one, and I must say that the plot appears to be written by a 3 year old, and everyone in it is an Krampus.

it started out way slow and took too long to get to the good part of the story. But it got a lot better. At first i was just kinda so/so, but I ended up really liking it,

luckynumber8 wrote:
How about the animation? Now that is done by a 3 year old. The one episode where Taylor and Jim went fishing and caught a swordfish (or something), the animation on that was sooo terrible!!

It is just a tv show, not a blockbuster movie. (it's not jurassic park) I thought they did a pretty good job.

dontwantaname wrote:I googled it. Can't figure out if it has been picked up for another season or not.

it hasn't been renewed but i think it might have a shot since they've already spent so much money. A second season should be cheaper than the first. They've got all the sets and can just add to the graphics. Hopefully they'll give it another season and maybe re-air the first during the summer. it had a lot of competition airing on an already busy monday.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

*Disclaimer* I don't watch much TV. SO downloads English TV, and we watch that.

That said...WWWEEEEEE!!! Sherlock is back! So wish they'd do more than the miniseries.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Leahbh

I found a new show I like. Well, not new it's been on 5 years or so, but it's Flashpoint. It's a canadian show that aired on cbs in the summer. I always wanted to check it out, since it stars Veronica Mars' dad, but never remembered to. But now, its on netflix! I'm almost done with the first season. It's pretty good. Any one else watched it?

also, i tried watching ally mcbeal or however it's spelled and couldn't get through the first episode. I don't really like voiceovers.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Mavyn wrote:*Disclaimer* I don't watch much TV. SO downloads English TV, and we watch that.

That said...WWWEEEEEE!!! Sherlock is back! So wish they'd do more than the miniseries.

GAH!!!!! I have to wait for Downton Abby to finish, Sherlock airs on PBS next month. I can't wait!!!!!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Leahbh

2 shows i've been looking forward to premiere tonight, lost girl on syfy and alcatraz on fox. anyone going to watch?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Leahbh wrote:2 shows i've been looking forward to premiere tonight, lost girl on syfy and alcatraz on fox. anyone going to watch?

There are 3 shows on at the same time tonight.
The cable box will record two at a time, but not three. Plus it won't let you watch a third show if it is recording two.
Now, come on, why would you record the show if you are watching the show??????

I bet nothing else worth watching will be on all week.

Hummm, Alcatraz will be on free demand. They already have a bunch of interview shows up for it, meet the creator, actors type stuff.
Don't know how long it stays up.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Leahbh

dontwantaname wrote:There are 3 shows on at the same time tonight.
The cable box will record two at a time, but not three. Plus it won't let you watch a third show if it is recording two.
Now, come on, why would you record the show if you are watching the show??????

I bet nothing else worth watching will be on all week.

Hummm, Alcatraz will be on free demand. They already have a bunch of interview shows up for it, meet the creator, actors type stuff.
Don't know how long it stays up.

I watched the OKC Thunder game, recorded Alcatraz and also recorded Lost Girl, but on it's 2nd airing later in the night. Also recorded Castle, cause it's awesome!

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:GAH!!!!! I have to wait for Downton Abby to finish, Sherlock airs on PBS next month. I can't wait!!!!!

Well worth it. Watched S02E03 last night...ARGH!!! Huge cliff hanger. Dammit.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Leahbh wrote:I watched the OKC Thunder game, recorded Alcatraz and also recorded Lost Girl, but on it's 2nd airing later in the night. Also recorded Castle, cause it's awesome!

Alcatraz isn't on demand yet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Well worth it. Watched S02E03 last night...ARGH!!! Huge cliff hanger. Dammit.

There was an add for the new Sherlock, want to watch!!!!

Watched all of season 6 of Doctor Who since I won the DVDs. Now, I have to wait over a year before the next season gets broadcast locally.

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:There was an add for the new Sherlock, want to watch!!!!

Watched all of season 6 of Doctor Who since I won the DVDs. Now, I have to wait over a year before the next season gets broadcast locally.

We download everything. Cheaper and easier. The 9yo has had a blast watching everything since the 9th Dr.

Leahbh

dontwantaname wrote:Alcatraz isn't on demand yet.

It's on hulu for free.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Just watched Monday's Castle on Hulu. That was an odd show without an ending.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:We download everything. Cheaper and easier. The 9yo has had a blast watching everything since the 9th Dr.

Legal downloads? from where? We don't watch a lot of TV, but are debating getting Amazon prime later in the spring. We do watch Hulu, but it doesn't have BBC. We do get some stuff locally on PBS, other than that we occasionally rent or buy DVDs. We still spend less per year than we would with Netflix.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Just watched Monday's Castle on Hulu. That was an odd show without an ending.

It had a very heavy X-Files feel to it, but I enjoyed it. Murphy is going to kill Castle when she finds about about "smoking man" though.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:It had a very heavy X-Files feel to it, but I enjoyed it. Murphy is going to kill Castle when she finds about about "smoking man" though.

Murphy? Beckett?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Murphy? Beckett?

Yes, gads, I've got to find another book to read

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:Legal downloads? from where? We don't watch a lot of TV, but are debating getting Amazon prime later in the spring. We do watch Hulu, but it doesn't have BBC. We do get some stuff locally on PBS, other than that we occasionally rent or buy DVDs. We still spend less per year than we would with Netflix.

I have no clue--SO handles all downloads. He might have the BBC account thing?

Leahbh

KtCallista wrote:Legal downloads? from where? We don't watch a lot of TV, but are debating getting Amazon prime later in the spring. We do watch Hulu, but it doesn't have BBC. We do get some stuff locally on PBS, other than that we occasionally rent or buy DVDs. We still spend less per year than we would with Netflix.

I LOVE amazon prime. I also have a fire so I watch a lot of tv with that. (not at work though cause that's not allowed ;) yeah right)

There are no legal places to download tv episodes without paying for them. If you want legal, you gotta pay (at itunes or amazon).

pooflady wrote:Just watched Monday's Castle on Hulu. That was an odd show without an ending.

Am i the only one who hates the storylines with beckett's mom's case? I like the weekly mysteries better. and i don't like the deep throat character, calling castle and setting up meetings in dark parking garages. i doubt they won't ever resolve it till the last episode though. Just like the red john story on the mentalist.

luckynumber8

Anyone started watching "The Firm"? It started a couple of weeks ago and I like it so far. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

KtCallista

Leahbh wrote:Am i the only one who hates the storylines with beckett's mom's case? I like the weekly mysteries better. and i don't like the deep throat character, calling castle and setting up meetings in dark parking garages. i doubt they won't ever resolve it till the last episode though. Just like the red john story on the mentalist.

I like the conflict it gives the characters. However, when it comes to Bones I'm right with you. Solve a murder a week, nice and resolved by the end of the episode, I did not like the new serial killer lead in last week, not that I'll stop watching, but having just started watching 2 years ago and having watched all the episodes since then, I don't like their dragged out murder investigations. I don't know why it doesn't bother me as much with Castle.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:I have no clue--SO handles all downloads. He might have the BBC account thing?

I thought you had to be in the UK, or through a proxy to do that. I looked into using a proxy, but I never really pursued it. Some channels let you download or stream shows if you put in you cablebox number, but you have to have cable. I don't mind paying a fair amount.

Leahbh

KtCallista wrote:I like the conflict it gives the characters. However, when it comes to Bones I'm right with you. Solve a murder a week, nice and resolved by the end of the episode, I did not like the new serial killer lead in last week, not that I'll stop watching, but having just started watching 2 years ago and having watched all the episodes since then, I don't like their dragged out murder investigations. I don't know why it doesn't bother me as much with Castle.

i'm not looking forward to the new serial killer story on bones either. Did you watch the spinoff, The Finder? I HATED the backdoor pilot in bones last season, but the actual premiere was a lot better.

KtCallista

Leahbh wrote:i'm not looking forward to the new serial killer story on bones either. Did you watch the spinoff, The Finder? I HATED the backdoor pilot in bones last season, but the actual premiere was a lot better.

It was a pretty obvious pilot, and I thought it looked alright, but I haven't watched it yet. I guess I'll put it in the hulu queue and see what I think.

Leahbh

Finally got around to watching alcatraz this weekend. (actually watched it twice) I like it a lot.

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:I thought you had to be in the UK, or through a proxy to do that. I looked into using a proxy, but I never really pursued it. Some channels let you download or stream shows if you put in you cablebox number, but you have to have cable. I don't mind paying a fair amount.

Probably he goes through a proxy. We watch mostly UK shows--they have much more interesting science and documentary shows.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Leahbh wrote:Finally got around to watching alcatraz this weekend. (actually watched it twice) I like it a lot.

I wonder how I DVRed that? Save for 2 weeks or until I erase?
It never showed up on demand. Matter of fact, the introductory stuff that was up for it, is gone now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Probably he goes through a proxy. We watch mostly UK shows--they have much more interesting science and documentary shows.

I agree. Our PBS station picks up some of them and they are generally a lot of fun.