sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

I have two guest rooms. One can handle a queen size mattress and the other can't. Could one only inflate one of the sides, for a small child's bed or for sitting? Or are both sides somehow linked to the point where both chambers must be inflated?

Thanks for any info.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

Seriously dudes, does it float.

jannypop

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jannypop
salisali wrote:Your back will be better off if you buy a heavy-duty comforter, and sleep on the floor. Will be cheaper, too. You may discover that you never want to sleep on a mattress again.

Alternately, you can buy a thick camping pad.

I disagree. A deliberately soft (underinflated) airbed is the only bed that helps my ruptured-disc painful lower back. I've never used a Serta but Airbeds have served me well as a permanent and pain-relieving matress. By the way, I have tried expensive $1200-$6000 matresses and airbeds help the most.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Robearlbms

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Robearlbms

I wonder what the shipping cost would be to ship back to Wenzel or Serta and who covers that.

sdc100

What is the maximum capacity of this bed? How much weight can each side hold? I may have a situation where 3 or even 4 people must share the same bed (get any kinky thought out of your head!).

acarlstein

quality posts: 3 Private Messages acarlstein
mrfixit66 wrote:I hate this bed because it reminds me of how lonely I am.

Nickds7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nickds7

This will be perfect for when the lady puts me out on the couch. Especially when she decides she isn't mad at me anymore, a couch with 2 people kinda sucks.

sdc100

yeawuteva wrote:Seriously dudes, does it float?

If it's filled with air, and consists of more air than anything denser than water, then it must float by the laws of physics.

Robearlbms

yeawuteva wrote:Seriously dudes, does it float.

Put a trolling motor and a battery on it and you have a hillbilly yacht.

yankeesrule

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yankeesrule
sdc100 wrote:If it's filled with air, and consists of more air than anything denser than water, then it must float by the laws of physics.

Considering there's an electric pump in it, I wouldn't want to test that theory out...

broadcastdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broadcastdave

How dog proof is this? I have a 25 pound beagle who likes my bed.

Robearlbms

Robearlbms wrote:I wonder what the shipping cost would be to ship back to Wenzel or Serta and who covers that.

Yikes. 25lbs

sdc100

Robearlbms wrote:According to Walmart review it has a 500lb limit.

What's unique is that this has two independent chambers. As such, would that be 500lbs each chamber or 500 lbs for the entire bed?

If the entire bed, then it's surprisingly weak. I believe some of the Aerobeds claim an 800lb limit. This is a Queen size bed, which would normally support more weight.

Robearlbms

jannypop wrote:I disagree. A deliberately soft (underinflated) airbed is the only bed that helps my ruptured-disc painful lower back. I've never used a Serta but Airbeds have served me well as a permanent and pain-relieving matress. By the way, I have tried expensive $1200-$6000 matresses and airbeds help the most.

What is the best airbed?

portland06rt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages portland06rt

Thanks! In for 2. Now I can toss the "Red Wine" stained mattress!

Sokudoningyou

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
jannypop wrote:I disagree. A deliberately soft (underinflated) airbed is the only bed that helps my ruptured-disc painful lower back. I've never used a Serta but Airbeds have served me well as a permanent and pain-relieving matress. By the way, I have tried expensive $1200-$6000 matresses and airbeds help the most.

I agree. I have an air mattress similar to a Sleep Number bed that I bought at Overstock.com for $400. It's basically a "box" made out of memory foam pieces into which the air bladder itself sits, all zipped into a microfiber covering. And it is so much more comfortable than the piece of junk spring mattress I used to have. It's been five years and it's still going strong.

JonPowell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JonPowell

No, but it blends. Seriously!

Robearlbms

I have a Walmart 10" tempurepedic knockoff mattress and the foam underneath the miracle foam has worn out in 2 years. This sure looks better than the miracle foam for back sufferers.
I am wavering.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva
sdc100 wrote:If it's filled with air, and consists of more air than anything denser than water, then it must float by the laws of physics.

If its floating on a liquid wouldn't laws of chemistry apply? What about certain mathematical theorems? Lest not forget laws of nature and the Geneva Convention ...

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

I want one, and don't even know why...

wwoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wwoot
sufficiency wrote:Oh by the way, according to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_bed

Air beds made of PVC vinyl plastic can be poisonous. I wonder what material is this bed made of.

Not to worry. Just don't eat it.

Sontiago

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sontiago
sufficiency wrote:Oh by the way, according to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_bed

Air beds made of PVC vinyl plastic can be poisonous. I wonder what material is this bed made of.

Then I would suggest that you NOT eat it.. Although it's true is doesn't say not to......

sdc100

sdc100 wrote:I have two guest rooms. One can handle a queen size mattress and the other can't. Could one only inflate one of the sides, for a small child's bed or for sitting? Or are both sides somehow linked to the point where both chambers must be inflated?

Thanks for any info.

Looks like it can. Resembles a coffin though...

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not sure how you would keep the sheets on the side with the deflated mattress.

tuck the sheet underneath

wwoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wwoot

Indeed it does float, and very high in the water -- maybe too high for ocean navigation. It capsizes easily in high seas unless you add outriggers on all 4 sides. Then you can add an inflatable sail, inflatable rudder, and an inflatable(?) anchor to make it a mini Kon-Tiki.

Better bring a hand air pump or a long extension cord, too.

emccoyii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages emccoyii
Robearlbms wrote:Walmart review:

I weigh 375, my wife 175, and the bed takes all we can dish out lol

ewwwww!

How did they find a 175lb wife if the weigh 375lbs?

It would figure that the week after I buy an airbed that I can't return (only exchange) that Woot would have one at this price. Drat.

sdc100

johnspeacock wrote:Having slept on that same bed, I would strongly advise anyone not to buy it. Cheap build quality and seams that separate very quickly. Oh, and the mattress part expands on the sides from use, which eventually will make it not fit into the frame part at all.

And the faux-velour covering attracts dust like a swiffer duster.

Sertas are vastly better in terms of build quality.

Yeah, the Walmart page for this Serta mattress has a review from a person who had two Intex mattresses fail within months. Apparently, the seams are magulah weak

Robearlbms

wwoot wrote:Indeed it does float, and very high in the water -- maybe too high for ocean navigation. It capsizes easily in high seas unless you add outriggers on all 4 sides. Then you can add an inflatable sail, inflatable rudder, and an inflatable(?) anchor to make it a mini Kon-Tiki.

Better bring a hand air pump or a long extension cord, too.

an inflatables girl of my dreams and sail off into the sunset. And whatever you do, don't forget the pump.

swhang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swhang

Anyone know if the pump is universal voltage or is it just 120v?

bigdaddy24

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bigdaddy24

I've bought many airbeds in the past and they all have been terrible. That is until I got an Aero bed. Has anyone here ever owned both of these and can give me a good comparison? I can't see spending this much $ on an airbed if it sucks.

tomtedbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomtedbear

@ckeilah who said these mattress always leak after a few uses--I have a good quality air mattress that I've had for at least five years that gets used several times a year and it's in perfect condition. Just make sure the floor beneath it is clean before blowing it up, because any debris, especially hidden in carpet, could be the source of your problem.

Tom Scruggs

mrjean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrjean

wait,
is that each side or total?

markanolan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markanolan
sdc100 wrote:I have two guest rooms. One can handle a queen size mattress and the other can't. Could one only inflate one of the sides, for a small child's bed or for sitting? Or are both sides somehow linked to the point where both chambers must be inflated?

Thanks for any info.

There's a picture shown where they inflate only one side; so you can do that.

garyyzarc69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garyyzarc69
LOhateVE wrote:ill wait for black friday when I can pic up those queen sized intex ones for $10, Take that thing camping so far its served its purpose.

So who has them for $10 on black friday?

markanolan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markanolan
markanolan wrote:There's a picture shown where they inflate only one side; so you can do that.

P.S. I don't like the picture they assigned me. Where's the WOOT complaint box?

stkidsdoc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stkidsdoc

We have a Wenzel tall mattress that looks a lot like this, but not labeled Serta. I paid about $100 for it, and I can tell you it is holding up to a lot of kid abuse and is VASTLY better than Intex.
We bought one of each brand for a larger family gathering, figuring the taller bed for adults and the regular short one for the kids. The Intel lost a little bit of air from night #1, and has already needed patching (about 2 months). Patching never really works, so that was a waste of money...
The Wenzel, in contrast has remained set up for the entire time and has any number of 60 to 90 pound kids JUMPING on it (until discovered and told to stop) and it has not deflated/popped. Fits four kids and an adult across to read books (didn't suggest anyone could sleep like that).
Regarding the pump, it is not as noisy as some, but I wouldn't fill it in a room where someone was already sleeping.
As for the Sure-grip bottom, it doesn't work on carpet, so this is just as movable as any other air mattress.
The height of it is great! You really can use it for a replacement bed for the in-laws.
I'm considering yet another one...

mgrandysr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgrandysr
yankeesrule wrote:I know there is a picture of it, but Is it actually possible to use this mattress with only one chamber inflated in case there is no room for a queen size mattress?

Half of a queen is smaller than a twin, isn't it?

A twin is 3'3" wide, a Queen is 5'. So 2'6" would be half.

echo4bravo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages echo4bravo

NOBODY IS GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!! I was walking out to my car and found 104 dollars AND 99 cents!!! In for one!!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I guess that means no sales in Wisconsin. (There is this little struggle with morbid obesity here.)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ottoj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ottoj

Anyone know what the whole outfit weighs? I'd like to take it camping and don't want to lug it around if it weighs too much.