4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola XOOM 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi
$349.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

I wish this was a $149 HP Touchpad....

MissouriMomma

cellobarney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cellobarney

Nope. Not on the day that the Kindle Fire came out for $199. Bad timing, Woot.

love a sale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages love a sale

Remind me why I'd buy this

FMC

nechronius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nechronius

Yup... I should have sold my 12 extra Touchpads at a profit instead of at cost to friends and bought a couple of these. What was I thinking???

sugarpike

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sugarpike

I LOVE my Xoom. I've had it for about three months now and I can't believe how handy it is. They laugh when I use it to take pictures, but as I get older and the eyesight gets weaker, the big screen works for me! And since I need flash for my job, this tablet fits the bill when I use it at my tabling events.

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's a video review from Cnet.

Hmmm....

bradchristie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradchristie

$458.01 /w Prime on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM-Android-10-1-Inch-Wi-Fi/dp/B0045FM6SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317272591&sr=8-1
4/5 star rating

I'd probably get one if I didn't have Galaxy already. Though the 10" screen is just not desirable when it comes to hand-held and comfortable. Maybe as a netbook/laptop replacement, but as a normal use device, 10" is huge.

-Brad "KingTomato" Christie
http://www.kingtomato.net/
http://brad-christie.com/blog/

TweetyBear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TweetyBear

is this not a good price?

groundz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groundz
cellobarney wrote:Nope. Not on the day that the Kindle Fire came out for $199. Bad timing, Woot.

You mean available for preordering?

NortonsArk

quality posts: 12 Private Messages NortonsArk

I was hoping they would offer the Kindle Fire today, much like they offered the Kindle the day Amazon bought Woot. Seems it would have been fitting. Sigh.

pricecheckaisle5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pricecheckaisle5
cellobarney wrote:Nope. Not on the day that the Kindle Fire came out for $199. Bad timing, Woot.

Possibly, but this is 10.1 inches, "Dual Core", dual camera, with 32gigs of onboard storage.

Those specs trump amazon's. It all depends on how much of a tablet you "need".

rmhartman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rmhartman

Is this thing multitouch? 2-point or multi-point? Resistive or capacitive?

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

I have this and a Touchpad. This is way better. I'll reserve my many reasons why the Touchpad is such a crock o' crap for some other time. The Xoom is like having a real computer in your hand, and I like it better than the iPad because it doesn't need to be tethered all the time. The rubberized edge on the back makes it very easy to grip for extended periods. I can do everything from write and edit articles to manage my, um, downloads on it. It's a really nice, well-designed piece of hardware with tons of good software.

locoskier78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoskier78
rmhartman wrote:Is this thing multitouch? 2-point or multi-point? Resistive or capacitive?

Seriously? Some of these questions shouldn't even be asked. Like is it Resistive or Capacitive. Come on now.

needa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages needa

these things aren't exactly popular among tech people. full of bugs and still waiting on an update that was promised months ago.

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
TweetyBear wrote:is this not a good price?

It's $50 off the price of the last woot

___

stevec5000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevec5000
sugarpike wrote:I LOVE my Xoom. I've had it for about three months now and I can't believe how handy it is. They laugh when I use it to take pictures, but as I get older and the eyesight gets weaker, the big screen works for me! And since I need flash for my job, this tablet fits the bill when I use it at my tabling events.

I've had a tablet for years but never found a use for it yet.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
needa wrote:these things aren't exactly popular among tech people. full of bugs and still waiting on an update that was promised months ago.

No, mine has had two updates just since I received it from Woot on July 21. You're going to have to be more specific about what bugs you think it has; I haven't found any. I'm not sure what tablet you're thinking of, but I'm sure it isn't this.

groundz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groundz

Doesn't the Xoom need to be docked in order to use the HDMI out functionality? It says so on the CNET review...

woncoolone

quality posts: 480 Private Messages woncoolone

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
epistemologonhere wrote:It's $50 off the price of the last woot

I got it during the last woot-off for $379.99.

Curses, woot. I want a $30 REFUND!!

dakingofhtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakingofhtx

This is $50 cheaper than the one I bought from Woot just 2 months ago. :/

jgmcgowan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jgmcgowan

Just preordered my Amazon Kindle Fire, can't wait.

tombgjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tombgjr

Bought this last go-round in July. Best purchase ever - had to bye the wife one afterwards for an extra 50 dollars. We both love them....

TomBG

gnarf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages gnarf

sold my xoom for an asus eee pad transformer, super glad i did. but this aint too bad for the price.

wasserkapf

needa wrote:these things aren't exactly popular among tech people. full of bugs and still waiting on an update that was promised months ago.

Updates have been released as promised. You will have to find another reason to hate the Xoom.

Now go and use your iPad an quit complaining.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Edit: previous woot found above, so

froogled

jeffwtux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffwtux

Yes, I agree that the Kindle Fire and this 32GB XOOM are playing on different levels, but even still, it's not going to the appearance of a good deal today. Even after the Kindle Fire comes out, $349 for this XOOM might still be a great price. I just think it's too soon to tell. That's why I'm holding my "Fire" on this one(pun intended). However, the 8 hour battery life on the Kindle fire is very disappointing for a brand that has become synonymous with taking battery life to a whole new level.

JamesHuston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JamesHuston

Bad timing or great timing....seeing that Amazon owns Woot! it looks like great timing

tombgjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tombgjr

Best Andoid tablet out there

TomBG

ibuyufo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ibuyufo

The Xoom 2 is coming out soon. My guess is that it'll try to compete with the ipad 2 so I imagine it's going to be in the neighborhood of $500 to $550. I don't know why companies don't realize that they can't compete with apple when they try to charge the same price.

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

Would like to have a 10" tab to go with my HTC Flyer but I am super excited about Kindle Fire and had already placed a preorder for it.

too bad.

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

Pass, due to price.

I would rather pay another $50 (+ tax) at a big box store like Sam's, and get a brand new one, with a 90-day return policy.

jeffwtux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffwtux
ibuyufo wrote:The Xoom 2 is coming out soon. My guess is that it'll try to compete with the ipad 2 so I imagine it's going to be in the neighborhood of $500 to $550. I don't know why companies don't realize that they can't compete with apple when they try to charge the same price.

Exactly $400 needs to be the ceiling on Android tablets.

Thechavo09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thechavo09

wasserkapf

whatsamattaU wrote:I'm guessing this is the previous woot people are referring to:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4627715

$379.99 then, $30 less here, if I have the right product.

Edit: and froogled

Yep, I got one of the 7 that were sold.

roebeet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet

$350? This is what it should have been when it was released, months ago. I used to own one of these, but I had sold it and bought an ASUS Transformer instead.

With that in mind, I think $350 is about the max I'd pay for this thing. It's got a really nice screen (although not IPS, but still nice with good screen angles), but there are other Honeycomb devices that are close to this dollar amount right now, like the ASUS. So there is competition out there. I wouldn't call this a super-bargain, but you will get a decent tablet for the price.

There was active grassroots development a few months back, but after I sold mine I haven't kept up on it. As always, check out xdadevelopers.com or Slatedroid to see the latest and greatest.

EDIT: Refurb? Didn't notice that at first. That could be a deal-breaker, at least for me. At least it's a one year warranty, although not sure what that covers, exactly.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
stevec5000 wrote:I've had a tablet for years but never found a use for it yet.

I use my iPad tablet for business things, it functions as a register(Quicksale), credit card machine(Square), and lets me surf the internet...

However outside of conventions it's pretty much useless except for internet and games. You can probably do all the same things on this machine and it's a lot cheaper.