I've had a tablet for years but never found a use for it yet.
I feel the same way.
- Watching Movies: On a plan, or hook it up to a TV
- Reading stuff: Not so much outdoors, so think reading on a plane, or reading in a car, or reading at night.
- Browsing the web while watching TV: Great to answer questions like, who is that guy? What did they say?
- Listening to music : iPod is better, but it is still useful, especially while donig other things.
- Reading comics : color >>> b&w readers
- Reading your email: On the go, on vacation, anytime your out of the house (and have wifi, like a starbucks)
- Watching utube and web videos.
- Showing pictures: This is great for when you get back from vacation, it has totally replaced the stack of photos you would drag around to show people how much fun you had, and the screen size is so much bigger then a phone.
Oh, and if your saying, my laptop can do all of these things, I disagree.
- On a plane, the laptop angle sucks, tabs can be better, its also lighter, makes less noise (no fans), and battery lasts longer.
- Laptops are heavy, and taking them to the pool is no where near as fun as taking a tab.
- Reading in profile (tall not wide), is much more natural, and laptops just dont let you do that.
- 0 Boot time matters.
- You can pass it around, and you dont feel like someone is going to mess it up.