nbocheltree

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbocheltree

LOL @ "edible jacuzzi"

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

froogled vs. $69.99 now

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 45 Private Messages dernst_ca1

This is very tempting. anyone know anything about this tent?

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

sshaw13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sshaw13
TSOG wrote:Camping season done.

Whatever, dude. My camping season's just getting started!!

Thechavo09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thechavo09

Firsties!
Glad Woot could fulfill my camping needs!

Woot is like camping, its in-tents...

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

The perfect family abode for the current economic environment. Lose the house, live in a tent.

cooljmy10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cooljmy10

I must admit, this is a very TENTalizing deal

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Mountain Trails Grand Pass 2-Room 6-7 Person Family Dome Tent
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

retswerb

quality posts: 9 Private Messages retswerb

here's amazon for $122: http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Trails-10-Foot-2-Room-7-Person/dp/B003R7PU6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317618324&sr=8-1

lifedoutcobra

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lifedoutcobra

I don't know how much privacy a fabric thin wall will provide for anything you'd need the privacy of two rooms for.

whatsamattaU

Amazon with 6 five star and 4 four star reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Trails-10-Foot-2-Room-7-Person/dp/B003R7PU6W

Edit: retswerb posted it just before me. Use this if you want linkable.

Sarzanini

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Sarzanini

Certainly not for backpacking (stick with my REI tents for that) but awesome for car camping.....1/2 the price of anywhere else. But, if you get one, make sure you seal the seams yourself.......don't trust the factory. Here is a pretty good video of how to seal the seams......

sshaw13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sshaw13

IMO, a tent (if it's going to be used regularly) is one of those things that it's worth the extra cost for a quality brand. The last thing you want is a leaky, drafty, weak tent with broken zippers when you're camping in less than ideal conditions. Spend the money on North Face, Kelty, Marmot, or Eureka if you're serious about camping.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

The shock-corded poles and pin-and-ring system isn't exactly a "breeze" to set up, particular on larger tents like this one. This is just the standard manual tent pole system on most tents today.

While not all that difficult, there is significant effort involved, especially after the poles and rings have taken their first trip through the mud. You can hose off muddy poles to prevent the dried-on dirt layer, but it has to be done meticulously in every crevice.

This a great price for the size though. My Coleman 8-person tent cost me over $200. I'm not too familiar with this brand, but the reviews look pretty good.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

10 year warranty. Is that good, bad or average for a tent?

jibal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jibal
lifedoutcobra wrote:I don't know how much privacy a fabric thin wall will provide for anything you'd need the privacy of two rooms for.

Unless the wall is transparent, it would allow private undressing.

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

The Wenzel Store lists the weight of this thing as 25 lbs. / 12 lbs. carry weight. Is that the weight per if two people carry it at the same time? Just kidding.

However, if you are considering this for camping with a group (i.e. Scouts) they would want to know how heavy this thing actually is, rain fly, poles, stakes, and carry bag included.

Maybe Woot could chime in about the actual weight of this thing?

Chatomairi22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chatomairi22

Just what I need for the release of the new iPhone 5. Hopefully, this will come in the mail soon so I can set up shop in front of the store. *Nerd rage!*

reggaemyelitis

quality posts: 32 Private Messages reggaemyelitis

I like.

I want.

I'm in, for ONE.

“Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.” -- Peter Tosh

piskami

quality posts: 7 Private Messages piskami

A warm weather tent. I wouldn't recommend these tents in a cold environment (trust me, you will freeze you nips off). Camping in the cold is fun, just not in this type of tent.

Cold weather tents are pretty cheap $100-150 for 2 people. But for 6-7 they can be a hefty price.

Still not a bad price - I already have one, but if you do not I would get it for an emergency - never know when you might have to leave your home.

Plus it will be around for next summer!

ashby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashby

Weighs 21.1 pounds.

kerwalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerwalker
dernst_ca1 wrote:This is very tempting. anyone know anything about this tent?

good reviews on amazon

sharmakdeep

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharmakdeep

My first Tent ever. Good reviews. Bought one. How simple can it be?

whatsamattaU

Product website: $159.99

http://www.wenzelstore.com/tents/mountain-trails-grand-pass-tent.html

Edit: Moderator, I just realized ionman got the link before I did (I didn't realize until now ionman had it as an actual link (green doesn't always show up well on my screen). Give ionman the quality post.

jibal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jibal
piskami wrote:A warm weather tent.

Tents keep wind and rain out, they don't keep you warm; for that you need a good sleeping bag, thermals, etc.

lildetroitmama

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lildetroitmama

Hmmmmm.....

Perhaps I could set my pretty North Face tent up INSIDE this tent, then my very pretty North Face wouldn't get dirty!

blackflag486

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blackflag486

In for 1. This is also going to be my first purchased tent of my own!

RedDogRER

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RedDogRER

Been looking for an excuse (and gear) to go camping for awhile and this I think will get me going again nicely. Kudos woot! for knowing what I need. In for 1, and just as the nice fall weather starts in Florida, how convenient! :D

The black square is finally mine!! BWAHAHA!! Now to go play with all my stuff.

equazcion

sshaw13 wrote:IMO, a tent (if it's going to be used regularly) is one of those things that it's worth the extra cost for a quality brand. The last thing you want is a leaky, drafty, weak tent with broken zippers when you're camping in less than ideal conditions. Spend the money on North Face, Kelty, Marmot, or Eureka if you're serious about camping.

While not the most prominent brand out there, keep in mind that most people (especially when children are involved) will not treat their tent with the kid gloves required to make camping tents last an actual 10 years. Even big-brand tents aimed at non-enthusiasts are made from roughly the same cheapo thin material that melts and tears easily, and patching holes afterwards is not easy.

Drying and cleaning them after rain and mud is similarly difficult, and the average B-type personality camper won't even bother.

I'm tempted to get this since the price is so good considering the "disposability" of non-enthusiast level tents.

whiskeyguy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whiskeyguy

For fair-weather car camping, this is probably a good tent. Any rain heavier than a light mist and you'll have problems, mainly from the rain fly not covering the door sufficiently.

Those types of poles don't last forever, I've bought three new ones (at around $16/each) over the four years I've owned a similar tent... but then again I camp a lot.

It will probably take two people to set up. You slip the poles into these sleeves on the roof and lift the tent, making it heavy and awkward.

jturnage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jturnage
sshaw13 wrote:IMO, a tent (if it's going to be used regularly) is one of those things that it's worth the extra cost for a quality brand. The last thing you want is a leaky, drafty, weak tent with broken zippers when you're camping in less than ideal conditions. Spend the money on North Face, Kelty, Marmot, or Eureka if you're serious about camping.

From the size, this is obviously not a backpacking tent. It's for the kids in the back yard or fair weather car camping. Anyone embarking on a polar expedition will know better. At this price if it holds up to typical use for a couple years it's a still a bargain.

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith

My fiancee and I have just purchased our first tent. That's a big step, right? How many couples do you know that buy a 6-7 person tent before they get married?

psaux

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psaux

I worries me that this tent doesn't have a full-coverage rainfly and, more importantly, that it doesn't come with a footprint.

(A footprint, known in my childhood days as a "groundcloth", (Yes. I'm using British comma-quoting rules. They just make more sense.), is rather important if you want your tent to last more than a few uses as they keep sharp objects like twigs, rocks, etc... from tearing up the flooring of your tent from the underside as you walk, crawl, or sleeping-bag-inchworm around in it. As an added bonus, they can help keep the bottom drier when exposed to wet ground or even just dew, which will help in the longrun with mildew, etc... and make the tent more comfortable while in use also.)

Still ... I'm debating getting one. My current 4-season 2-person tent is far too small for car camping.

Imrahil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Imrahil
jibal wrote:Tents keep wind and rain out, they don't keep you warm; for that you need a good sleeping bag, thermals, etc.

A 4 season tent will generally be smaller, with thicker material, and less mesh. The thicker material, with lower ceilings, will trap in a lot of body heat while keeping out more wind. The newer tents today can easily bring the temperatures up 20 degrees.

lildetroitmama

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lildetroitmama

Or.....Is this tent free-standing? Perhaps I could get a bunch of these set up my condo and start renting them out... my own little condo camping commune.

TEOTWAWKI

fiestea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fiestea

That's a might wet tent. You got rain, you got wet.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Okay, sorry to not to show the proper discretion, but just how big are the 6-7 people that it can fit?

I know a set of dude's who do winter camping and they really store the fat for the winter--so to speak.

Maybe it'd just be quicker to say, "How many fatties can you cram into one of these tents?"

bondiablo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bondiablo
lifedoutcobra wrote:I don't know how much privacy a fabric thin wall will provide for anything you'd need the privacy of two rooms for.

Not much but makes for some interesting shadow puppets.

equazcion

bluejester wrote:Okay, sorry to not to show the proper discretion, but just how big are the 6-7 people that it can fit?

I know a set of dude's who do winter camping and they really store the fat for the winter--so to speak.

Maybe it'd just be quicker to say, "How many fatties can you cram into one of these tents?"

The number of people a tent can accommodate is based on how many normal-sized sleeping bags the floor space inside can fit. If the people involved can fit in regular sleeping bags, you're probably fine.