lostone233

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lostone233

A message about interminable shipping delays?

Today is the 17th, and I've yet to receive a shipping notice?

What the heck is going on?

Will certainly have to figure this in future offers!

- - - - -

Just checked the My Account listing. It was shipped, and is expected on the 22nd. That means I might get it on 24th, which would be 17 days after the purchase.

I'm happier than I was, but the no shipping notification and the time will still have to be considered for the future.

robinwoot4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinwoot4

Shipped on the 7th but says it won't get here until the 23rd. Ugh great deal but seriously slow shipping...

atomizer

quality posts: 14 Private Messages atomizer

I received my camcorder and started playing around with it. I have similar Kodak and Sanyo camcorders but this is my first Flip (and probably my last due to Cisco's stupidity.) I made enough observations about the product that I figured I'd share them, although I won't go into the specifics of the recording quality and comparisons to similar devices since you can find that elsewhere.

The first thing I noticed was how small, simple, and quite nice the packaging was. I know it's a pretty small camcorder but some other devices are packaged in boxes that are unnecessarily large, so this seemed pleasantly appropriate. Then I realized that Pure Digital was wise enough to simplify their product so that there really isn't any need to include much more than the camera in the product box. They're nice enough to include a wrist strap and a soft pouch (plenty of cameras are sold without a case or pouch bundled by the manufacturer) but the only other things in the box are a few documentation cards. A mini-HDMI cable would be nice but isn't even necessary, it charges over USB so a separate power source* is obviated, and the USB connection is via the retractable arm** so a regular cable isn't applicable although an extender would be nice.

The camcorder is pretty small, although the depth is greater than I would expect. It's mostly plastic and fairly lightweight, although it does appear to be well-built. The touch interface is nice albeit unnecessary; the best part about it is the fact that the controls are lighted (although the camera is best used with strong ambient lighting anyway.)

The interface is minimalistic. There's not much you can do beyond record, watch, & delete video, and even adjusting the settings apparently requires you to hold the record button while powering up the unit. It's simple but it works, I guess.

*A very annoying characteristic is that the device is extremely picky about its power sources. Similar to Apple products, it refuses to charge from many third-party 120V-to-5V USB adapters, even those that provide more than the maximum provided under the USB2.0 spec. Technically a device has to negotiate with the host for more power, but also technically the power supplied by USB was originally intended for operating devices that are not self-powered (and don't need much power to operate, like keyboards and mice,) not as the sole method of charging a device (or running "USB decorations.") It's especially frustrating when a USB-only charging device like the Flip MinoHD or an iPod refuses to accept power from almost anything but a computer. If you make a product that can ONLY charge via a USB interface then don't restrict the product from charging over USB interfaces!

**I've always hated this style of inflexible, retractable USB connector. The devices are just too bulky to be practical (think of the camera sticking several inches out of your computer, potentially being struck and damaging or destroying either the device or the PC's USB port) and they're too massive in that they at least appear to be putting too much stress on the USB port (and the device itself) if not actually doing so. This ultimately means that even though the Flip MinoHD has its own USB connector, I have to use it with a USB extensions cable anyway.

Other than all THAT, it's a nice product, simple but functional. I'm glad I bought it, especially at the discounted price (but would've preferred a higher-capacity model) and it's sad that Cisco bought the parent company only to discontinue their only (as far as I know) product line!

89 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

melissasangabriel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissasangabriel

I still have yet to receive any shipping notification. What's going on?! Even no tracking number?! This must be the worst online shopping experience yet!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

melissasangabriel wrote:I still have yet to receive any shipping notification. What's going on?! Even no tracking number?! This must be the worst online shopping experience yet!

When all the product has shipped, a woot staff member will post in this thread. However, there are some things you can do in the meantime:

- Look in My Account above and click on this order. The tracking number will be shown there when it is available.

- You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via My Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

If all else fails, feel free to email service@woot.com for information. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders for email/replies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

firehawk28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firehawk28

It seems that I'm still sitting here wootless. No shipping notification, no response, no product. This is a wootin' bummer. And I'm a virgin wooter, too. Sad for me.

EDIT: I received the Woot-booty yesterday. Still no shipping notification, but at least I'm wootin-happy now.

unitas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unitas

Ship Date: Oct 12th
Estimated Delivery was the 18th, now its pushed back to the 19th
The tracking didn't up date itself from the 14th - 17th
As of 9am it was delivered to the FedEx location in my town but I haven't recieved it yet. Details says it could still take a day or two for delivery.

unitas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unitas
unitas wrote:Ship Date: Oct 12th
Estimated Delivery was the 18th, now its pushed back to the 19th
The tracking didn't up date itself from the 14th - 17th
As of 9am it was delivered to the FedEx location in my town but I haven't recieved it yet. Details says it could still take a day or two for delivery.

My mino arrived around 2pm today. Tested it for a few minutes and now it's plugged in getting its initial 5 hour charge. Looks/feels great in the hand and I'm sure it was well worth the wait.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Got mine today. Due to real life interfering, I had forgotten we had ordered it. It is really cute and I have it charging on my notebook. I'm a little bit worried about the cat or me or somebody else knocking it off.

pinkduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkduckie

I received my box today and it only had one camcorder in it. Problem is I order AND paid for THREE OF THEM!!!!

I understand that one of the reasons things are such a good deal is because of a lower staff, but seriously I wish there was a contact phone number I could speak with someone at. Thank god the co-worker who I ordered these with was next to me when I opened the box so I feel like I have someone to tell me I'm not crazy.

Any one else had a similar problem in the past? I'm a bit upset since two of these are Christmas gifts for sisters so I have to get them the samething.

ben242

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ben242

Received mine today. The manual says it ships with a partly-charged battery, but was unable to immediately turn on. Maybe its been sitting in a warehouse for a LONG time?

Plugged into USB, the red light does come on, but the computer doesn't detect it - no USB storage device showing, no Flipshare. Hopefully this thing isn't DOA.

Edit: Yeah, the battery was just super dead. After about 10 minutes plugged in, it happily starting chirping and was detected by the computer.

kingsman39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingsman39
stans39 wrote:Does this Flip have any advantage over the iPhone 4?

It won't sting as much when a rotund TSA agent confiscates your Flip camera. Yes, it's illegal to film your random strip-search.

zokea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zokea

Received mine today! Works wonderfully, It said that I would receive it on the 20th, but it was waiting in the mail for me today. Couldn't be happier!
Thank you woot!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pinkduckie wrote:I received my box today and it only had one camcorder in it. Problem is I order AND paid for THREE OF THEM!!!!

I understand that one of the reasons things are such a good deal is because of a lower staff, but seriously I wish there was a contact phone number I could speak with someone at. Thank god the co-worker who I ordered these with was next to me when I opened the box so I feel like I have someone to tell me I'm not crazy.

Any one else had a similar problem in the past? I'm a bit upset since two of these are Christmas gifts for sisters so I have to get them the samething.

E-mail customer service. Woot is usually really good about fixing stuff. It could have shipped in three boxes.

whomajigi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whomajigi

I'm mildly concerned. I changed my address before purchasing. I used to live in NJ, I now live in NC. My package is currently in Edison, NJ...

Hopefully it is just visiting and picking up some Jersey culture before coming to me...thankfully the mailing address in NJ is my parents' so worst case scenario they can send it. Still, that would be quite disappointing.

Right, not counting chickens yet...

caravaggio52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caravaggio52

Looks pretty spiffy. Naturally my family is wondering why I didn't just buy three. >.<

joekenn84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joekenn84

Never received mine. I received a FED Ex shipping number but no progress. Today they refunded me with little explanation.

XenoPhage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XenoPhage

*sigh* Someone out there is running around with 3 of these ... FedEx shows that mine arrived in my town on the 15th, but was never scanned in. The post office says they don't have it, and FedEx claims there's nothing they can do. And Woot doesn't have any more, so they've issued a refund.

Dammit.. This was a Christmas present for my son... Guess I'll need to find it elsewhere. First lost package with Woot. It sucks, but I guess that's life.

So, what other cool stuff can I spend my money on?

----
XenoPhage

po7g

quality posts: 0 Private Messages po7g

Holding out worked well I have recived my camera

tomochi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tomochi

I am STILL waiting for my Flip to show up, as well as for my FedEx shipping info to appear on the website. I have to say, this is the worst experience in service I have ever had from woot.

I bought this as a going away present for someone, and they're leaving this Friday. This is a real let down. At this rate, they'll be in Arizona before I ever get the damn thing.

ayovich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayovich

Today is the 26th and i haven't received my camcorder. It seems to have disappeared off the earth after my zip code was somehow listed on my account as 76077 instead of 76011. I am sure I haven't changed it, so I have no idea how that happened. Just the week before I ordered tshirts and they arrived just fine. It appears my mino was shipped, came to Dallas and then someone decided they couldn't deliver it b/c the zip was wrong even though the rest of the address including street and house number and city were correct. Then it says they were going to send it back to Woot and it appears that it never made it back to woot? Perhaps some postal employee picked it up. So the PO and Fed-ex say I have to have woot file a claim and reship and of course, I can't find a phone number to talk to anyone. Can anyone help me?

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

tomochi wrote:I am STILL waiting for my Flip to show up, as well as for my FedEx shipping info to appear on the website. I have to say, this is the worst experience in service I have ever had from woot.

I bought this as a going away present for someone, and they're leaving this Friday. This is a real let down. At this rate, they'll be in Arizona before I ever get the damn thing.

ayovich wrote:Today is the 26th and i haven't received my camcorder. It seems to have disappeared off the earth after my zip code was somehow listed on my account as 76077 instead of 76011. I am sure I haven't changed it, so I have no idea how that happened. Just the week before I ordered tshirts and they arrived just fine. It appears my mino was shipped, came to Dallas and then someone decided they couldn't deliver it b/c the zip was wrong even though the rest of the address including street and house number and city were correct. Then it says they were going to send it back to Woot and it appears that it never made it back to woot? Perhaps some postal employee picked it up. So the PO and Fed-ex say I have to have woot file a claim and reship and of course, I can't find a phone number to talk to anyone. Can anyone help me?

Sorry for the tracking issues. I'll send PMs to both of you with some info on your orders.

po7g

quality posts: 0 Private Messages po7g

Has anyone had just one of the channels working on there camera. Only my left channel is working and I am trying to get support from ciscos website but proving to be a little difficult

blastnegativity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blastnegativity

My fedex tracking number has said 'initiated' for two weeks. Should I give up hope on getting my camera and just start trying to get my money back?

atomizer

quality posts: 14 Private Messages atomizer

Just so everyone's aware, accessories for these things are discounted due to the discontinuation. You can get a nice wide-angle lens for ~$30 or an AC adapter for <$10 (which is worth it as it's one of the few things that will successfully charge these cameras!)

89 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

wsschlechter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsschlechter

Haven't received mine yet. Tracking says it's been in my town since the 18th. I'm just hoping it shows up soon. I don't know what's going on.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wsschlechter wrote:Haven't received mine yet. Tracking says it's been in my town since the 18th. I'm just hoping it shows up soon. I don't know what's going on.

That sounds a bit long to be hanging out in town. Go ahead and send an email to service@woot.com to see what they can find out.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

patrickomalley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patrickomalley

Didn't work at all. Woulnd't even power on, so you know they didn't even test it before they shipped it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

patrickomalley wrote:Didn't work at all. Woulnd't even power on, so you know they didn't even test it before they shipped it.

Sorry about the problem with the Flip. These are new products. Like any retail place, we don't test every product we ship out (22K in this case). Manufacturers test a percentage of a lot of products but not each and every one. Problems do occur.

All that said, make sure you have charged the camera. It could be the battery is discharged. If it still doesn't work, remember this has a 1-year warranty with Cisco so you can contact them for assistance. If you have any problems along the way, please feel free to contact service@woot.com for help.

FORUM MODERATOR

armandocerrato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armandocerrato

My MinoHD never charged!!!!! , I've already tried all...I found in Internet a lot o user with the same problem and nobody could fix it...what can I do?

armandocerrato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armandocerrato

I have the same problem....
I need my money back!

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry about the problem with the Flip. These are new products. Like any retail place, we don't test every product we ship out (22K in this case). Manufacturers test a percentage of a lot of products but not each and every one. Problems do occur.

All that said, make sure you have charged the camera. It could be the battery is discharged. If it still doesn't work, remember this has a 1-year warranty with Cisco so you can contact them for assistance. If you have any problems along the way, please feel free to contact service@woot.com for help.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

armandocerrato wrote:My MinoHD never charged!!!!! , I've already tried all...I found in Internet a lot o user with the same problem and nobody could fix it...what can I do?

patrickomalley wrote:Didn't work at all. Woulnd't even power on, so you know they didn't even test it before they shipped it.

Aw flip! Sorry they aren't working. Email us at service@woot.com and we'll get you taken care of.

ripcrd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ripcrd

Mine never worked. Online with Cisco support for the second time trying to get it replaced. i could see 2 stickers on bottom of the box as if it had been repackaged. I thought I got a refurb or return. Never worked out of the box

Ask me why my pants fit better. :D

XenoPhage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XenoPhage

Awesome ... Two months later and Fedex *still* shows mine as in-transit.. :P I would love to know what happened to these... (Yes, I got a refund and have no expectation on ever receiving these. I'm still insanely curious, though)

----
XenoPhage

witham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witham

When I got these, one appeared to be dead, but tech support at Cisco helped me get it going. However, I now have two Flip doorstops... both won't turn on after a couple of months of non-use. Tried any and all manner of resetting/recharging them as recommended online, but they appear to be dead now. Lots of posts online about the same issues, it just feels like Cisco dumped 'em wherever they could because they were bailing on the video cam biz...
Very disappointing! Glad I didn't pay _so_ much for them..

coachwoodward

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coachwoodward
witham wrote:When I got these, one appeared to be dead, but tech support at Cisco helped me get it going. However, I now have two Flip doorstops... both won't turn on after a couple of months of non-use. Tried any and all manner of resetting/recharging them as recommended online, but they appear to be dead now. Lots of posts online about the same issues, it just feels like Cisco dumped 'em wherever they could because they were bailing on the video cam biz...
Very disappointing! Glad I didn't pay _so_ much for them..

I am having a similar problem!! I didn't use the camera for about 6 months - yesterday I charged it up & downloaded the videos that were on it. Since it was saying that it had a low battery, I plugged it back into the computer to charge again. Turned it back on to erase what was on it & it came on but the screen is blank & it won't do anything. Even worse, I can't turn it off & now it's starting to get warm! I tried plugging back into the computer & it is not showing up at all! Really aggravated because I only got about an hour of video out of it! I am going to try contacting manufacturer but I really don't have time for this & from what I'm reading, I'll probably get nowhere :-(

ofblong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ofblong

Bought for my son last Christmas and it only lasted 6 months before it would no longer charge.