KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
j5 wrote:The box in front of me contains the following:
Sodium Carbonate
Sodium Sylicate
Enzymes.
That's it
I have another box labeled "Fresh Scent" and it has the same ingredients. Neither one has a very pleasant smell.

Around here it's tough to find unscented detergents without going to Dreft or something. We get All free and clear when we can find it, but the stores are awash with ocean breeze, summer breeze, poppy fields, cookie dough, etc.

Protip: Tom's deodorants don't work worth a tinker's damn.

eta: scent is a marketing gimmick, plain and simple.



Good to know, apparently they are going to reopen our Walmart sometime soon. I hear radio ads that they are hiring. Still not sure if it's worth driving to.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Then did it have a different odor? I can't even stand scented candles, and you want to know how hard it is to find unscented ones? Sometimes you can get white ones that aren't scented.



I had to give up on candles. I like them, but same issues and I got tired of Vanilla ones, although some are really nice.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I had to give up on candles. I like them, but same issues and I got tired of Vanilla ones, although some are really nice.



I have the wax pillar candles with the tea light flickering in them. I don't like open flames either.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I have the wax piller candles with the tea light flickering in them. I don't like open flames either.



If you don't like fire, why bother with candles?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Good night!

See you all tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:If you don't like fire, why bother with candles?



I said I don't like open flames, not that I don't like candles.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I said I don't like open flames, not that I don't like candles.



I don't have any place for candles right now, but I'll have to remember that (about the tea lights in pillars).

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Joyner and all later risers.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all! Wokeup at 6:30 and went back to sleep. Got up at 9.

Great time at co-worker's wedding last night. Fancy reception, so they limited the # of people. It was probably one of the most fun weddings I've ever attended. It was a blast. Groom is from New Orleans, Bride is Chinese although she emigrated here several years ago. Awesome combination of Cajun and Chinese.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Morning all! Wokeup at 6:30 and went back to sleep. Got up at 9.

Great time at co-worker's wedding last night. Fancy reception, so they limited the # of people. It was probably one of the most fun weddings I've ever attended. It was a blast. Groom is from New Orleans, Bride is Chinese although she emigrated here several years ago. Awesome combination of Cajun and Chinese.



blackened egg foo yung? sweet and sour jambalaya??

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:blackened egg foo yung? sweet and sour jambalaya??



LOL - no, just in the decorations. Food was Fancy Salad, and an entree of Petit Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster and Lump crab cake. It was yummy!

Had a 2nd line (I guess it's called) where the Bride and Groom lead a procession of people dancing all around the room waving napkins. Not something I've done before, but was fun.

Bride's parents were the principals (and top of the country) in the Chinese ballet in the 70's, and the Bride was also a principal in the Chinese ballet in her early 20's. So the fist dance was choreographed to a Frank Sinatra song and was beautiful! Groom did pretty well!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:LOL - no, just in the decorations. Food was Fancy Salad, and an entree of Petit Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster and Lump crab cake. It was yummy!

Had a 2nd line (I guess it's called) where the Bride and Groom lead a procession of people dancing all around the room waving napkins. Not something I've done before, but was fun.

Bride's parents were the principals (and top of the country) in the Chinese ballet in the 70's, and the Bride was also a principal in the Chinese ballet in her early 20's. So the fist dance was choreographed to a Frank Sinatra song and was beautiful! Groom did pretty well!



Uhm, you meant "first dance," yes?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Uhm, you meant "first dance," yes?



LOL!! Yes.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I said I don't like open flames, not that I don't like candles.



That is what a candle is! An open flame.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:LOL!! Yes.




So they avoided the food of both cultures?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:That is what a candle is! An open flame.



Not if it's not lit!



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Afternoon all. Just decadent, already had a nap.

The wedding sounds great, Kid.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:So they avoided the food of both cultures?



Yeah - just standard great food.

The favors were two small chinese takeout boxes (connected together). One side had two fortune cookies, the other had two pralines. And there were a set of chopsticks on the top. On one side was the fleur de lis (sp?) symbol with Merci, and the other had a Chinese symbol - but I can't remember what it meant. really neat.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Yeah - just standard great food.

The favors were two small chinese takeout boxes (connected together). One side had two fortune cookies, the other had two pralines. And there were a set of chopsticks on the top. On one side was the fleur de lis (sp?) symbol with Merci, and the other had a Chinese symbol - but I can't remember what it meant. really neat.



Perhaps like merci, it means thanks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Apparently, life is too mundane to try to converse in PWA.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Apparently, life is too mundane to try to converse in PWA.


You are worse than me.
This is the way woot have been for years now.

The days of talking in real time, every night are over.

We are better than nothing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Apparently, life is too mundane to try to converse in PWA.



had to go to the store.

I'm guessing you were right and that it meant thank you

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:You are worse than me.
This is the way woot have been for years now.

The days of talking in real time, every night are over.

We are better than nothing.



I disagree; it's only been the last year or so.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I disagree; it's only been the last year or so.



I bet it has been longer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:I bet it has been longer.



If it's a vote, you win , cuz few will agree with me.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:If it's a vte, you win , cuz few will agree with me.



Well, you can go back a year and read a pwa and see.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Well, you can go back a year and read a pwa and see.



Nah; it wouldn't it change anything?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Nah; it wouldn't it change anything?



We would know who is right!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:We would know who is right!



Never mind; you're right - it's been years.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Never mind; you're right - it's been years.



I'm not as generous as you.

I'm not willing to pretend you are right.

Gotta walk the doggie.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:I'm not as generous as you.

I'm not willing to pretend you are right.

Gotta walk the doggie.



Then you research it and provide a detailed statistical analysis.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

hey, I has a question, y'all. The wings from Pizza Hut are pretty good. Did they take over someone else's company and add their wings to the menu, or did they just come up with their own?

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Josephus wrote:hey, I has a question, y'all. The wings from Pizza Hut are pretty good. Did they take over someone else's company and add their wings to the menu, or did they just come up with their own?



As far as I know, they developed their own. They've had 'em for a while.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Antipasto from a local restaurant for dinner. Very good.

What's new with everybody?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

zero, nothing, nada in answer to your question, Poof. For some reason, it came up as an original comment.

Good evening everybody - am bored - going to eat something. May be back.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:hey, I has a question, y'all. The wings from Pizza Hut are pretty good. Did they take over someone else's company and add their wings to the menu, or did they just come up with their own?



Who are you? Where did you come from???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Antipasto from a local restaurant for dinner. Very good.

What's new with everybody?



Antipasto for dinner?

That is just wrong.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.