pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:OK, I'll try again

Will his friends be home? Will he care?
Do you think the cat will be happy to see him?

How can you tell if a cat's glad to see you? Even if they are, they refuse to show it.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:How can you tell if a cat's glad to see you? Even if they are, they refuse to show it.

They glance at you and maybe rub against you. Then leave.

Actually when Daughter was renting a room on the Vineyard, there was a cat.
That cat really liked me.
The guy who owned the house was amazed. Every time I came, as soon as the cat heard my car, he came out of the woods.

I even slept in the cats spot when I was there.
He would spend time with me.
Never brought me a dead animal though. Or worse, an almost dead animal.

The sun would hit Daughters bed in the morning. That was the cat's spot. He would come in from the woods at 4am and meow at the door until Daughter let him in. Then sleep on the bed.

The house was in the woods and in a valley, so not many full sun spots inside.

I wonder if we went back with my car, if he would still come out of the woods after 3 years of not being there?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:OK, I'll try again

Will his friends be home? Will he care?
Do you think the cat will be happy to see him?

His best friend goes to school and works locally so they'll catch up again.

I hope that damn cat is happy to see him and stops sleeping with me for a while. Getting out of the bed is like squirming out of a sleeping bag.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:How can you tell if a cat's glad to see you? Even if they are, they refuse to show it.

My cats are very expressive...they purr and cuddle up when they're happy to see me, or when they think I'm upset/sick.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

I take it back. One of our cats rushed to the door if he was inside or to the driveway if he was outside as soon as he heard husband's car coming down the street.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

When I lived in Wyoming, one cat would wait in the window by the front door from about 4:50pm until I came home, usually around 5:10. He was really sad when I was late. Haven't lived someplace where he could wait like that until now, and I don't get home at the same time every day anymore.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:I take it back. One of our cats rushed to the door if he was inside or to the driveway if he was outside as soon as he heard husband's car coming down the street.

My cat harvesting combinees, I mean, expresses herself until I give her what she wants. Food, open door to go out, head rub, whatever. She's very vocal

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:My cats are very expressive...they purr and cuddle up when they're happy to see me, or when they think I'm upset/sick.

Mine makes an effort to come to the door when I get home so I can pick her up. That's pretty much all she's got in terms of affection, but she's young still.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:My cats are very expressive...they purr and cuddle up when they're happy to see me, or when they think I'm upset/sick.

I want a purring cat.

The rats had a happy noise. It was nice if they made it when I picked them up.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:My cat harvesting combinees, I mean, expresses herself until I give her what she wants. Food, open door to go out, head rub, whatever. She's very vocal

Scratchy knows exactly where I am and is my best friend....when he is hungry.

Oh, or at like 4 or 5 am. After all these years of living with humans, how come they don't know that we don't want to play at 5am?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:I want a purring cat.

One cat purrs very loudly. Everyone in the room can hear him. The girl--she purrs, but it's super quiet. Can feel it if she's sitting on me, but most of the time, can't hear it at all.

But both my cats like spending time with me. Petting one means the other wants attention too.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I want a purring cat.

But you have a barking dog!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:But you have a barking dog!

Barking is used for too many things. Happy, mad, breach in security, cat, squirrel, kittens in the yard.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:I used them all up in grade school and high school.
Really.
Best standardized reading score in the school.

Now?

Nothing.

Hubby and I think it is the damn progressive glasses.

I think it's ADD

In the end only kindness matters

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:Barking is used for too many things. Happy, mad, breach in security, cat, squirrel, kittens in the yard.

crazy. as in "that woman is barking crazy"

pooflady

Tonight should be interesting. They tarped the addition (screwed it on), put on temporary gutters between the house and the addition. We're supposed to get heavy winds (up to 70 mph gusts) and rain tonight. I'm betting that plastic is going to be someplace else by morning.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Tonight should be interesting. They tarped the addition (screwed it on), put on temporary gutters between the house and the addition. We're supposed to get heavy winds (up to 70 mph gusts) and rain tonight. I'm betting that plastic is going to be someplace else by morning.

I hope you stay dry!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I think it's ADD

What?

Look! Something else!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

I really, really dislike the guy who's probably going to win Jeopardy's Tournament of Champions.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:What?

Look! Something else!

SQUIRREL!!!

pooflady

Still 72 degrees here. It's not going to last, but I love it now.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Still 72 degrees here. It's not going to last, but I love it now.

Son rolled in. Don't know why. Going home tomorrow.

Hubby showed him to bag of Halloween stuff!
Son is now eating the severed fingers.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Son rolled in. Don't know why. Going home tomorrow.

Hubby showed him to bag of Halloween stuff!
Son is now eating the severed fingers.

LOL. See if he takes the ball or the screaming witches home with him.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:LOL. See if he takes the ball or the screaming witches home with him.

Hubby will NOT give up those witches.

The ball is great, but I worry with Rusty. I wonder if it would be safe with the cat?
Son did really like it!
So do I, except wondering what it actually was if Rusty ate it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hubby will NOT give up those witches.

The ball is great, but I worry with Rusty. I wonder if it would be safe with the cat?
Son did really like it!
So do I, except wondering what it actually was if Rusty ate it.

I don't think I'd let Rusty near it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I don't think I'd let Rusty near it.

It is hidden away.

Night all!

Mom day tomorrow. Plus, maybe, go out to dinner with son before he disappears again day.

So, see you for a little while tomorrow, then back tomorrow night!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Lunch with a friend, then a stroll through Sam's. A few things I need, but also they have all their Christmas stuff out.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Our cat is very affectionate. When we come in the house she greets us at the door. She talks a lot and winds around your legs as you try to walk inside. She also doesn't like to eat in the dark. If she gets hungry in the middle of the night she will meow until somebody cuts the light on in the kitchen.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

internet disruption in our neighborhood; hopin' it gets fixed today.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn

Morning!

Supervisor kitty is trying a new observation point, while co-worker kitty has attacked my feet and left in to go hang out by the water cooler.

pooflady

Morning all. About two-thirds of the addition stayed dry, BUT...there are many, many gallons of water in the plastic "ceiling." Still raining.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Having trouble getting my giddy-up to get going this morning.

Good luck with Interwebz, Az

And the tarps, poof.

FORUM MODERATOR

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Morning all. Kind of a warm dreary day here. I am going out for bridge and, of course, food. I had forgotten when I was out in WA state that when the sun is out, there is no feeling of heat on the body where it is hitting. Stood outside talking with a neighbor yesterday, and it was so nice to feel that hot sun. Most everyone I hear from in CT in the past couple of days reports electric restored, but still a messy cleanup.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Good morning Wootville.

Has anyone seen any good movies lately? Planning on being lazy later today and renting something to watch.

Poof, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning all. About two-thirds of the addition stayed dry, BUT...there are many, many gallons of water in the plastic "ceiling." Still raining.

Good luck with the water.
That is exactly why my brother in law never did another extension. He said he didn't get any sleep until the shell was weatherproof.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Hey everybody!

If it's wrong to be excited about buying a new vacuum cleaner before 8am (yeah I went in on today's home.woot offer), then I don't want to be right. Does anyone else get excited about small appliances? I'm feeling strange.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
inkycatz wrote:Hey everybody!

If it's wrong to be excited about buying a new vacuum cleaner before 8am (yeah I went in on today's home.woot offer), then I don't want to be right. Does anyone else get excited about small appliances? I'm feeling strange.

yawn. hey poof, I answered your PM.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Yay, my interwebs is working!!!

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.