pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
j5 wrote:I just sent myself an email alert from Kohl's to one of my gmail accounts. Didn't get it, and it's not in spam.

Interesting. I'm going to try that.

Yep, didn't show up anywhere. I wonder if somehow McAfee is blocking it.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
pooflady wrote:Interesting. I'm going to try that.

Yep, didn't show up anywhere. I wonder if somehow McAfee is blocking it.

no, it's likely never going out

move along

susiewoots

quality posts: 16 Private Messages susiewoots
pooflady wrote:Maybe you can give me an answer. My sister is trying to send me gift ideas via Penney's and Kohl's, but they're not coming through.

Anybody can jump in if they have an answer. I've checked the spam folder, nothing there.

If she's doing it online, have her install the amzon wish list app, Only 2 steps-she just shares her wish list with u and second a simple download and install. To use there is a button (small) on your browser bar to click and add to your wishlist from any online store. You pull up the links in amazon and it will have the items and cost just like a regular wishlist item. Amazon has a gold mine with this service :D Not to mention it's free, AND they are giving away prizes just to use it. Win Win Win

pooflady

susiewoots wrote:If she's doing it online, have her install the amzon wish list app, Only 2 steps-she just shares her wish list with u and second a simple download and install. To use there is a button (small) on your browser bar to click and add to your wishlist from any online store. You pull up the links in amazon and it will have the items and cost just like a regular wishlist item. Amazon has a gold mine with this service :D Not to mention it's free, AND they are giving away prizes just to use it. Win Win Win

Thanks, I'll check into it.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:I got charged "room and board" after I turned 16 (I always had a job since I was 13). It was usually 10% of my pay.
My mother gave me all the money back with interest when I got married. It was enough to furnish my home.
She did the same with my sisters.
My ex wife thought it was a great idea and did the same for our daughter.

edit//--sorry I answered before I read the rest of the story. My mother did it strictly to teach us nothing was free and as a form of forced savings. I have to add that none of us kids knew what was happening to the money as we were sworn to silence when we got our money back.

Thanks for sharing this Ice! I like it. We had to deposit all checks in our savings account and were allowed a reasonable amount at first at my mother's discretion, then as I got older and got a job - not just 4H checks for animals, I was able to take up to $40 a paycheck, sometimes more if I needed it for gas for some reason, since I didn't drive the most fuel efficient truck and we lived an area with a lot of sprawl. I never paid rent, but by high school I only went home to sleep occasionally.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

kdc, I'm sorry about your sister. I think you are really stuck, other than living your life as an example for your niece and nephew. You are already involved in an appropriate manner, but you really don't want to overstep as it will most likely make the situation worse for all parties. I would recommend preparing yourself to help you niece move and get established for college or whatever she plans on doing after high school. She probably won't want to stay with her Mom.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

^^ What she said ^^

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Kid you are a great Aunt.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Ice, that is a great idea--think if the kids were with us full time I would totally do something similar.

kd--it's tough. Is your niece close enough that she could move out? Does paying rent leave her short for her own expenses? Help her plan what she's going to do once she graduates--college, vocational, whatever. Having a firm plan, with deadlines and such, might help her cope better with the now.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

It's raining. It seems like it has been raining forever.

edit: Rain to snow flurries tonight....

Mavyn

It's raining here too, but we had a couple really nice weeks. Supposed to turn to snow overnight, 4-8 inches accumulation tomorrow.

pooflady

Wah! They said it was supposed to stop raining. It hasn't.

Morning all.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Wah! They said it was supposed to stop raining. It hasn't.

Morning all.

Icky here too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everyone. Took the dog out for an early am walk at 7 - warm enough to go without a jacket and just a short sleeve tee. Someone came along and said it is going to get REALLY cold tonight - down to the 40's. I have not been keeping track of the national weather for the past couple of days. When I lived up North, I was literally a weather forecast junkie - fearing each new ice storm or the potential of it.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everyone. Took the dog out for an early am walk at 7 - warm enough to go without a jacket and just a short sleeve tee. Someone came along and said it is going to get REALLY cold tonight - down to the 40's. I have not been keeping track of the national weather for the past couple of days. When I lived up North, I was literally a weather forecast junkie - fearing each new ice storm or the potential of it.

Now the only weather you have to worry about is hurricanes and there's not nearly as many of those as there are ice storms.

Mavyn

Ugh--I've gotten so used to working from home on Tuesdays. Not getting to this week means that today feels very much like Thursday.

Still forecasting the rain turns into snow tonight. I've never worried about ice storms--not many of them in CO/WY. Experienced on in New Mexico, and another in St Louis while driving from Virginia to Wyoming.

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

pooflady

Short nap, but felt good. Really wish this coughing would clear up.

KtCallista

Baby's down for his nap. Ver1's Kindle from her aunt and uncle just arrived, still waiting on the pinata filler that was supposed to come at the same time.... want to finish the pinata people!

Have a funeral to go to on Friday (we knew it was coming). They are looking for people to make cookies for the reception. Hmmm, I'd love to, but I think my husband will go nuts if I bake anything extra... doing the birthday cake tomorrow... then decorating and assembling the food on Friday (around the funeral). Could be a late night. Today is supposed to be finish the pinata day, so hurry up UPS.

AZGman

g'night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:g'night.

5:30?????

Come on.

I didn't even get a chance to annoy you today.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:5:30?????

Come on.

I didn't even get a chance to annoy you today.

It's Wednesday! You still have half a week to annoy him.

Just loaded up a bunch of kids books on Ver1's kindle, hopefully it will finish charging so I can hide it before she gets home from school.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:It's Wednesday! You still have half a week to annoy him.

Just loaded up a bunch of kids books on Ver1's kindle, hopefully it will finish charging so I can hide it before she gets home from school.

What is wrong with plain old books?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:What is wrong with plain old books?

They're SOOOOO 2005

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Bacon and egg sammiches for supper. Now back to proofing and coughing.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:What is wrong with plain old books?

I'm running out of places for bookcases and I have books stacked two and sometimes three layers deep on top (upright) of the bookcases (all of them) and still have more books in boxes.

I have nothing against paper books, and I love them. Orc and I would love to have an English-style library if we ever have a house, we'd give up a living room for it even

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I'm running out of places for bookcases and I have books stacked two and sometimes three layers deep on top (upright) of the bookcases (all of them) and still have more books in boxes.

I have nothing against paper books, and I love them. Orc and I would love to have an English-style library if we ever have a house, we'd give up a living room for it even

Oh, that is ok.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Bacon and egg sammiches for supper. Now back to proofing and coughing.

Leftovers here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Leftovers here.

Not sure what Orc is making, but it smells good. We have our night parade tonight so we'll be bundling everyone up to go see the lights on Main after dinner.

Oh and still waiting for FedEx (I said earlier it was UPS and I was wrong) to throw boxes at my front door. . . I swear we are on the end of their list now-a-days, used to get our boxes from them around 1, but now it's closer to 8pm.

klozitshoper

Just spent 3-1/2 hours with Norton because my virus program would not work - they take over your computer and go through all sorts of stuff. He could not get it going again, so had to wipe everything out and reinstall the program. I don't understand it all, and it is weird seeing your computer being operated by someone from heaven knows where. He finally fixed it, and I am BAAAAAAACK

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Just spent 3-1/2 hours with Norton because my virus program would not work - they take over your computer and go through all sorts of stuff. He could not get it going again, so had to wipe everything out and reinstall the program. I don't understand it all, and it is weird seeing your computer being operated by someone from heaven knows where. He finally fixed it, and I am BAAAAAAACK

I had to do that once and, yeah, watching your cursor run around the screen is weird.

klozitshoper

pooflady wrote:I had to do that once and, yeah, watching your cursor run around the screen is weird.

Really felt like I was in the Twilight Zone! Just put garbage out - cool wind with cold rain blowing in from south/west direction. Strange that - means it is coming off the Gulf. Should be warm.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
KtCallista wrote:I'm running out of places for bookcases and I have books stacked two and sometimes three layers deep on top (upright) of the bookcases (all of them) and still have more books in boxes.

I live alone, but I had to get a 2 bedroom apartment just so I'd have enough space for all of my books. I have an iPad that I've put a couple of books onto, but it's just not the same...

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Just spent 3-1/2 hours with Norton because my virus program would not work - they take over your computer and go through all sorts of stuff. He could not get it going again, so had to wipe everything out and reinstall the program. I don't understand it all, and it is weird seeing your computer being operated by someone from heaven knows where. He finally fixed it, and I am BAAAAAAACK

I'm glad they were able to fix it. Orc used to have the ability to take over computers, it was fun, much easier to just see it yourself than trying to fix it over the phone. My BIL has a program on my parents computers so he can login and fix them remotely when they have problems, since both my sister and I married computer guys they have the best maintained computers of anyone their age

klozitshoper

KtCallista wrote:I'm glad they were able to fix it. Orc used to have the ability to take over computers, it was fun, much easier to just see it yourself than trying to fix it over the phone. My BIL has a program on my parents computers so he can login and fix them remotely when they have problems, since both my sister and I married computer guys they have the best maintained computers of anyone their age

Great to have someone close by who can help when things go wrong. I keep getting a pop up message that computer is running out of RAM or some such thing. I would like to know if you do know or anyone else, can I simply delete a bunch of programs, docs., etc. and free up some or do I have to go buy more. I baby this old Dell - love it and expect it to fall apart one day. I shall cry.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I had to do that once and, yeah, watching your cursor run around the screen is weird.

KT did it to my computer once. I don't remember why.

(killingtime for all you non ancient wooters, the reason why KtC is not called KT)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Drat! 15 pages left to read and another 250 come in. I don't need this right now!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Drat! 15 pages left to read and another 250 come in. I don't need this right now!

Sorry

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!