KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

uggh, sitting here staring at my code, drifting to lala land (which is generally a nice place, but I need to be working right now). Need to get this code working before the other programmer leaves.....

We'll both probably be working tomorrow too.

On the plus side that should put me pretty close to 80 hours or more this week, so I'll be getting a mandatory vacation next week.

other job paid me today since school is closed starting tomorrow, but they overestimated my hours, so big check for today (and a smaller one in January... since I get the big check from the other job in January, I think I'll live).

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening all

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Evening all

Hello.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Evening all

Hiya! In on a Friday night?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Opinions wanted:

Granddaughter gave us two $25 gift certificates to a restaurant for Christmas last year. (I'm sure it was an online deal, get two for the price of one.) We used one last spring with no problem. Tried to use the other one tonight and the new owner came to the table and said he had called the phone number with the certificate number and it came up as not valid. I tried the same thing when we got home with the same result. The expiration date is Jan. 8, 2012.

Many apologies from the owner, but we both feel that something (not the whole $25) should have been taken off the bill. The appetizer or the coffee or something. We would have left with a much better attitude than we did. (The whole bill was almost 50.) We won't go back. Opinions here.

I've emailed the address on the certificate and see if I get an answer Monday. The website is still valid.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Treadmill has not made it up the stairs. We left it unsupervised for an hour, with specific instructions, too.

Off to fold clothes--they haven't put themselves away yet either.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Treadmill has not made it up the stairs. We left it unsupervised for an hour, with specific instructions, too.

Off to fold clothes--they haven't put themselves away yet either.

Seems you run a really sloppy household if none of the items are doing what they're supposed to do. You're going to come home one day and catch the treadmill eating bon-bons and watching soap operas.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Opinions wanted:

Granddaughter gave us two $25 gift certificates to a restaurant for Christmas last year. (I'm sure it was an online deal, get two for the price of one.) We used one last spring with no problem. Tried to use the other one tonight and the new owner came to the table and said he had called the phone number with the certificate number and it came up as not valid. I tried the same thing when we got home with the same result. The expiration date is Jan. 8, 2012.

Many apologies from the owner, but we both feel that something (not the whole $25) should have been taken off the bill. The appetizer or the coffee or something. We would have left with a much better attitude than we did. (The whole bill was almost 50.) We won't go back. Opinions here.

I've emailed the address on the certificate and see if I get an answer Monday. The website is still valid.

Just a drive by but that is the pits!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Seems you run a really sloppy household if none of the items are doing what they're supposed to do. You're going to come home one day and catch the treadmill eating bon-bons and watching soap operas.

And it'll weigh 325 lbs. by then!!!!

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Hiya! In on a Friday night?

Oh yeah. busy week. But for once nephew isn't here. He's coming over tomorrow and we are making Christmas cookies!

I think he changed his mind and wanted to go ahead and come tonight but I didn't take the hint. I need to clean and get stuff done - and wanted to do it by myself.

kdccrosby

I think they should have comped something!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Seems you run a really sloppy household if none of the items are doing what they're supposed to do. You're going to come home one day and catch the treadmill eating bon-bons and watching soap operas.

I've heard treadmills and clothes can multiply when left unattended. The clothes just grow and grow hanging on the treadmill.

But they still don't produce those darn socks that the dryer eats.

AZGman

Not a national chain?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Not a national chain?

Nope, local.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Nope, local.

well that makes it even worse. Owner should have honored it for the goodwill alone.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Nope, local.

Who issued the card?

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Who issued the card?

How are you doing G'man? Job going well?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Who issued the card?

Media WebConnect

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:well that makes it even worse. Owner should have honored it for the goodwill alone.

Yeah. Wouldn't expect the whole thing to be honored, just something for the goodwill.

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:How are you doing G'man? Job going well?

Well enough. Like the environment but their IT is worse than where I last worked.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Well enough. Like the environment but their IT is worse than where I last worked.

Ugh. That sucks! Hard to do your job without the proper tools.

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:Ugh. That sucks! Hard to do your job without the proper tools.

yuppers!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Yeah. Wouldn't expect the whole thing to be honored, just something for the goodwill.

Got a local news channel with a consumer advocate? Maybe they could guilt the store into honoring the card. Likely you're not the only one he's farted off.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:yuppers!

Our IT is probably the most maligned group in the company - which is usually the case a most companies I think. But I think they do a good job. but I make a point of getting to know people so that I know who to ask and what is reasonable.

That being said - I'm in the "Alpha" pilot for Windows 7. It gets loaded on my machine on Monday...

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

ok, here's the days run-down...

good news (sort of)

appt with doggy eye doc was ok - lot of inflammation in the eyeballs so on 3 meds to see what that does...recheck in 3 weeks. Left eye worse than right, may not be surgimicatable

bad news (not sort of - it is)

Jeep died at 75 mph on the interstate during rush hour. stalled and wouldn't restart - have had a couple problems with it starting and ran diagnostics last weekend and it pointed to the crank shaft sensor and the cam sensor. Was on the agenda to get worked on this weekend. Today was the first it ever stalled while running. Waited over an hour for the flatbed, and then he wouldn't bring it all the way to my house. sigh. called a friend to come get me and the reddog and followed guy to his garage. made arrangements to get it towed tomorrow - I have AAA plus (or whatever it is) for long-haul tows. If my friend can't fix it tomorrow I have the name of a mobile mechanic who might be able to come out and do it. just have to see if I can get the part from the jeep dealer - have been told by a few people to stick with orig equip for this part or I'll be replacing it again in a couple of months. So friend drove me and Mo home then she and I went out for dinner and shopping.

Just turned on "Christmas Vacation" to soothe my misery

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:Our IT is probably the most maligned group in the company - which is usually the case a most companies I think. But I think they do a good job. but I make a point of getting to know people so that I know who to ask and what is reasonable.

That being said - I'm in the "Alpha" pilot for Windows 7. It gets loaded on my machine on Monday...

IT has almost no vertical movement most places. The jobs they do aren't understood by many. Some things seem like magic and some stuff that sounds simple is extremely complicated. The poor consumer level customer support for personal PCs, etc, does not help the reputation.

As such God bless you for your kindness. Have fun with the Windows 7 beta. I like Windows 7, but I know a lot of specialized software is just not compatible enough.

Back to designing a database feature for this one stupid section of this script so I can get a test page to the other programmer before she gets on a plane back to New York on Sunday.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:ok, here's the days run-down...

good news (sort of)

appt with doggy eye doc was ok - lot of inflammation in the eyeballs so on 3 meds to see what that does...recheck in 3 weeks. Left eye worse than right, may not be surgimicatable

Jeep died at 75 mph on the interstate during rush hour. stalled and wouldn't restart - have had a couple problems with it starting and ran diagnostics last weekend and it pointed to the crank shaft sensor and the cam sensor. Was on the agenda to get worked on this weekend. Today was the first it ever stalled while running. Waited over an hour for the flatbed, and then he wouldn't bring it all the way to my house. sigh. called a friend to come get me and the reddog and followed guy to his garage. made arrangements to get it towed tomorrow - I have AAA plus (or whatever it is) for long-haul tows. If my friend can't fix it tomorrow I have the name of a mobile mechanic who might be able to come out and do it. just have to see if I can get the part from the jeep dealer - have been told by a few people to stick with orig equip for this part or I'll be replacing it again in a couple of months. So friend drove me and Mo home then she and I went out for dinner and shopping.

Sorry kiddo!

KtCallista

good news (sort of)

Ouch Lynn! I'm glad there is some hope for red dog. I hope you and your friend can laugh about this adventure soon.

pooflady

good news (sort of)

I like the part about Mo better, there's hope there.

You're lucky you weren't hit. I take it this is big bucks?

kdccrosby

Sorry Lynnie!!!! Were you able to get pulled over to the side of the road? That's scary!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Got a local news channel with a consumer advocate? Maybe they could guilt the store into honoring the card. Likely you're not the only one he's farted off.

But he was within his rights not to honor it since he was told it was invalid. I guess for all he knew, I could have printed it myself. That's why I would have been happy with free coffee.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:But he was within his rights not to honor it since he was told it was invalid. I guess for all he knew, I could have printed it myself. That's why I would have been happy with free coffee.

He told you he was told it was invalid?? But you called and were told it was valid?? What did I miss??

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

yes, able to get it off the road - on the left shoulder tho, which really cranked some people off - actually had some guy scream obscenities at me cuz I was causing a traffic slow-down.

If my friend can fix it, it should be under a hundred bucks. If I have to have someone else do it, looking at a couple of hundred. So not dreadful.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:But he was within his rights not to honor it since he was told it was invalid. I guess for all he knew, I could have printed it myself. That's why I would have been happy with free coffee.

true, which is why he is a poopy head. Because this is what you will think of when you think of that restaurant.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:He told you he was told it was invalid?? But you called and were told it was valid?? What did I miss??

I thought when she called they also said it was invalid

kdccrosby

Lynnzoi wrote:yes, able to get it off the road - on the left shoulder tho, which really cranked some people off - actually had some guy scream obscenities at me cuz I was causing a traffic slow-down.

If my friend can fix it, it should be under a hundred bucks. If I have to have someone else do it, looking at a couple of hundred. So not dreadful.

Glad you are okay! And fingers crossed it's under a hundred!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:He told you he was told it was invalid?? But you called and were told it was valid?? What did I miss??

He called and was told it was invalid, I used the email address and was told it was invalid.
Now, I've emailed the company.

pooflady

First batch of sugared pecans made!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:First batch of sugared pecans made!

love sugared pecans

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:love sugared pecans

I don't have much of a sweet tooth.