WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

So you fancy yourself a movie buff. You can recite memorable lines, you know the credits to your favorite flicks better than an IMDB listing, and you even spend more time than you'd like to admit recreating famous movie scenes using various action figures around your house. You still might not have what it takes to win at Famous Objects from Classic Movies.

Screen shot 2011-11-01 at 2.10.05 PM
"Curses! What could it BE?!"

You're given a silhouette of an object from a movie. The objects are generally iconic, seminal pieces of the film's lore, but some are either to decipher than others (The Statue of Liberty? What movie HASN'T that thing been in? She gets around.). From there it's a Hangman-style game of filling in the movie's title one letter at a time. Guess wrong three times and you lose. The game progresses through 10 levels and tracks your score so you can brag to all your friends. About how much time you spend watching movies. Instead of doing stuff. Whatever. It's better than doing actual work, isn't it?

Screen shot 2011-11-01 at 2.26.08 PM
Some are easier than others.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Hardest so far has been a ring, and below it on the picture, the text says "lord of the rings" - i just couldn't puzzle that one out.

billopt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billopt

close encounters ...bla...bla

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Does the game ever end? I made it through 10 levels only to be presented with level 11.

90/10 was my score upon completion of the first 10 levels.

-=C=-

kaptnemo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaptnemo

Hey Punk! Those are Neo's glasses from his cyber jebus role in the Matrix(1st one) Better give him back b4 he beats you with a spoon that isn't there!

and yeah the other one is the Devil's Tower from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

"Scoop of Vanilla, Scoop of Chocolate, Don't waste my time!"

shades921

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shades921

saw this like a year ago. I think there are something like 60 or 100 movies that it goes through. after you go through once, you know them all.

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

On lvl 7 right now and only had 1 repeat so far. Mary Poppins.

[Edit] They list 'Shaun of the Dead' as a classic movie. How funny is that!?

bkleynbok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkleynbok

Neo's Glasses from 'The Matrix'

Meredythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meredythe

C'mon Ace, I thought you had a challenge for me.

nanciejeanne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nanciejeanne

yes, it ends. It gets harder, I think. I made some DUMB mistakes. 92/30 was my score.