irishguywi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishguywi
MichXelle wrote:If you snagged a few good things, you're ahead of me. The couple I wanted sold out too fast and I move quick on here. Be happy you got some goodies brother.

the one thing i wanted, the roomba, came up while i was in a meeting. ...so that sucked.

RBBrittain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RBBrittain
beachrights wrote:Hey! I have this PC except its the quadcore and its actually a kickbut setup. That is once you upgrade the graphics and power supply. Once you do that it is a very good setyp.

Sounds like the one I bought earlier in the Wootoff. Glad I paid $30 more for the quad-core version--and yes, it's getting graphics & power-supply upgrades as soon as it gets here. :D

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
recoiled wrote:Okay, everyone bought their computer yet?

According to the Wootalyzer 90% are left.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

valariemiller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages valariemiller

Reckon I got time to go potty?

Valarie Weinhaus

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6
valariemiller wrote:Reckon I got time to go potty?

And make dinner, find a man or woman, settle down, get married, and have children. It'll still be here.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

madmanhattan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madmanhattan

these computers make my brain sad...

camelrides

quality posts: 0 Private Messages camelrides
cyclebex wrote:Because we are holiday shopping here! There are people on our lists that we actually like.

Anybody know some good deals on A desktop for xmas? Maybe black fri deals.. Looking to buy niece xmas present

rbrown02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrown02

I will never buy a refurb HP again. Mine come dead in the water and like to have never got it replaced. Their customer support sucks

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
irishguywi wrote:the one thing i wanted, the roomba, came up while i was in a meeting. ...so that sucked.

It was only up for a minute. I am hoping it will come back up.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
peelee wrote:6 gigs DDR3 and a terabyte hard drive? Some of us actually remember 1996, kid. You kids these days and your hyperbolizing....

Right. In 1996 I was probably still rocking my 20mb hard drive NEC desktop, having to go into dos to get Rise of the Triad sound drivers to install properly.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

maverick110487

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maverick110487

you should have about an hour before this is gone, hopefully no longer.

The only good thing I've seen so far was the Razer Tron mouse and pad for 40; i hesitated cause I don't need a new mouse and just bought a brand new keyboard. When i decided to pull the trigger thinking i could at least sell it on ebay for a profit, my internet went out and it was gone.

slavok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slavok

Does anyone know when does Woot close its wootOut thing? How much longer they will be selling their stuff?

valariemiller

irishguywi wrote:the one thing i wanted, the roomba, came up while i was in a meeting. ...so that sucked.

I think there were only one or two anyway.

Valarie Weinhaus

brasssong

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brasssong

This thing is hanging in there like
Herman Cain

Daisybean66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Daisybean66

Were are the headphones and the Todd's Dirt!!!

pbugajski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbugajski

Customer Service at HP = Peggy

valariemiller

rbrown02 wrote:I will never buy a refurb HP again. Mine come dead in the water and like to have never got it replaced. Their customer support sucks

I gotta agree with 'ya here. HP is the WORST with customer service.

Sorry, Woot! - you just can't understand "Susan"'s accent...

Valarie Weinhaus

Conrthomas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conrthomas
teenracer6 wrote:Im 17 miles from my house. I wonder if I could walk home before they sell out of these PCs...

You could probably walk to HP HQ and back.

marianlib32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marianlib32

If I had the extra $300 at the moment I would be all over it! 3.5? 6G RAM? 1 T HD? Well worth the $300 especially if $300 is all you have to spend.

caabeel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caabeel

Bought this last time around. Added a bigger power supply and it was good to go.

mikecris

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mikecris
xninjagrrl wrote:Right. In 1996 was probably still rocking my 20gb hard drive NEC desktop, having to go into dos to get Rise of the Triad sound drivers to install properly.

My NEC had 40MB hard drive :P

I found ROTT on an old hard drive a while back and played it a bit. I loved the eyeballs that would fly at you.

awh31416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awh31416

Great to Have? I think I've seen laptops with these specs for this price.

misshenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misshenny
teenracer6 wrote:Im 17 miles from my house. I wonder if I could walk home before they sell out of these PCs...

hahahahahaaa

mikecris

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mikecris
caabeel wrote:Bought this last time around. Added a bigger power supply and it was good to go.

Why does it need a bigger power supply?

valariemiller

xninjagrrl wrote:Right. In 1996 was probably still rocking my 20gb hard drive NEC desktop, having to go into dos to get Rise of the Triad sound drivers to install properly.

In 1996 I was still on a 100MB HDD... working on DOS - SYNTAX ERROR

Valarie Weinhaus

emmyhatesyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmyhatesyou

this isn't a bad price for this machine, provided you have a monitor laying around. That's where they get you.

davidwr99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages davidwr99

The description is WRONG! HP is NOT giving up on Tablets and PC's http://www.tabletnewsinfo.com/2011/10/hp-tablet-windows-8-coming-in-2012.html

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
slavok wrote:Does anyone know when does Woot close its wootOut thing? How much longer they will be selling their stuff?

Still a starving pilgrim, I see. It can go anywhere from 1-3 days. No one knows. There are sometimes hints though. For example, screaming monkey goes up at 11pm? you can make a reasonable guess that the woot-off is over. But sometimes woot overlords like to be tricksy. Also, it is rare that a woot-off won't have a box of crackers. So if you haven't seen a bushel of crabs then it probably isn't going to be over soon. Bottom line, it is on until the lights go out.

Jake951716

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jake951716
peelee wrote:6 gigs DDR3 and a terabyte hard drive? Some of us actually remember 1996, kid. You kids these days and your hyperbolizing....

Heh, this computer isn't actually bad. All it needs is an X4 processor and a decent gpu, and you could play some pretty good games on this. For what it is right now, it's a pretty nice office computer. Fast and efficient, but it doesn't have a graphics card.

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

If this was just a bit cheaper, say $250, I'd buy it for my parents as a Christmas present, to upgrade them off their 10-year old XP machine. But they don't need 6GB of RAM in a low-end machine for web-surfing and light spreadsheet work. Give me the same rig, with only 4GB of RAM and a $50 price break, and you've got a sale.

sadsephiroth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sadsephiroth

Memory Upgrade Information
Dual channel memory architecture
Four DDR3 DIMMs 240-pin sockets (2 occupied)
PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB DDR3 DIMMs

...So it has one 4gb and one 2gb stick? Not really great for dual channel to have unmatched sets from the refurb place...

armh31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages armh31

A great specimen for a Hackintosh!

LeeHarveyHite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeeHarveyHite

How the fark am I supposed to have an excuse to sit around and do nothing while checking out the Wooting off when they keep putting up feces that just takes forever and no one wants to buy? I need a drink.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
peachtek wrote:This wootoff is missing cats. Lots of them.

The funny thing is, I've caught our IT guy looking an awful lot like the kitty, just not so adorable, he kinda smelled funny and swore a lot... so I guess they aren't really the same...?

mtreadway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtreadway

strange, it must have a 4GB and a 2GB memory stick installed...4 slots total, 2 occupied and 6GB memory installed, wounder why they used 2 mismatched memory modules.

vxicepickxv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vxicepickxv

Why can't I find the 521 on Pricewatch? Other than that, it seems to be about the same price as one I could build with the same specs. The only advantage is it would already be built.

valariemiller

LeeHarveyHite wrote:How the fark am I supposed to have an excuse to sit around and do nothing while checking out the Wooting off when they keep putting up feces that just takes forever and no one wants to buy? I need a drink.

Well, they would have a LOT of ticked off Woot!ers if the good feces were to appear during 5pm drive time...

Valarie Weinhaus

ageras32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ageras32

does this computer support hardware virtulization

slavok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slavok
cyclebex wrote:Still a starving pilgrim, I see. It can go anywhere from 1-3 days. No one knows. There are sometimes hints though. For example, screaming monkey goes up at 11pm? you can make a reasonable guess that the woot-off is over. But sometimes woot overlords like to be tricksy. Also, it is rare that a woot-off won't have a box of crackers. So if you haven't seen a bushel of crabs then it probably isn't going to be over soon. Bottom line, it is on until the lights go out.

"A starving pilgrim" hahaha yeah, I guess I am! I've been buying stuff here but never during the woot-off, this is why i didn't know how long this will last. But Thanks! Good to know. Good luck!

RBBrittain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RBBrittain
Jake951716 wrote:Heh, this computer isn't actually bad. All it needs is an X4 processor and a decent gpu, and you could play some pretty good games on this. For what it is right now, it's a pretty nice office computer. Fast and efficient, but it doesn't have a graphics card.

I actually compared HP's specs for this model to the P7-1010 (the quad-core I bought earlier in the Wootoff); the only difference between the two is the CPU. As I said before, I'm glad I paid $30 more for quad-core instead of dual-core.