4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola XOOM 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi
$329.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

pros: not an ipad
cons: rather expensive

zeke7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeke7

I saw a brand new one of these for about $345 over at daily steals dot com just last week!

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

Adobe said today they are going to stop making updates of flash player, and flash player ALL TOGETHER...so not sure what they will do to this other then kill it

crisss1205

quality posts: 5 Private Messages crisss1205

luckyzac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luckyzac

It is OK. I had one for awhile, but returned it.

In all fairness, it is a much lower price than I originally paid. 599.99

Cloudscout

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cloudscout

I had one of these to evaluate for a few weeks when they first came out. At that time, I felt they were too bulky and too heavy. My opinion on that hasn't changed but at this price, its shortcomings can be overlooked.

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan

Its no $99 HP Touchpad, thats for sure.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Not a good price. Prices will keep going down and Black Friday will make this "deal" look bad.

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

This post will probably be deleted, but could you please direct me to the correct medium this belongs....

From what I understand, if the last woot-off item has been sold out, the flashing lights should indeed go away, they have not in the last few woot-offs. This feels very wrong almost to the point of defiance on behalf of a company that sells itself of questioning why I am here in the first place "lol."

Please someone put my mind at ease...

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc

Funny. I was just looking at those on eBay. The refurbished ones on eBay are about the same price as the ones here. Not a great deal, but not a bad deal either...

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

$369 for refurb on Amazon.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

A little CNET review of the tablet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20061516-251.html

Amazon has it for $419

http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM-Android-10-1-Inch-Wi-Fi/dp/B0045FM6SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320905207&sr=8-1

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

hdtvcamera

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hdtvcamera

Can you compare a $200 Kindle Fire to this?

rpcarroll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpcarroll

Here's the user guide:
http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/TABLETS/XOOM/US-EN/Documents/StaticFiles/XOOM_UG_VZW_68014293001a.pdf

habasabi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages habasabi

Rumor has it that the new Nook Tablet will be $175 for the holidays if anyone is looking into those

valariemiller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages valariemiller
vipermjb wrote:This post will probably be deleted, but could you please direct me to the correct medium this belongs....

From what I understand, if the last woot-off item has been sold out, the flashing lights should indeed go away, they have not in the last few woot-offs. This feels very wrong almost to the point of defiance on behalf of a company that sells itself of questioning why I am here in the first place "lol."

The rules are set by the folks at Woot! and can and do change at any given (or not given) time. As we know, Woot! doesn't really have a written rule book as to what they sell or how they sell it. My best advice is to just go with the flow and let it go.

Valarie Weinhaus

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
vipermjb wrote:This post will probably be deleted, but could you please direct me to the correct medium this belongs....

Good place to start is World of Woot. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but the lights are off now. =P

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

brucem105

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brucem105

For $399 new at Wallyworld, I'm just not feeling the $329 refurb price doing anything for me.

fxfuji

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fxfuji

Needs to be rebranded as a Google Xoom to goose up sales.

crisss1205

quality posts: 5 Private Messages crisss1205
hdtvcamera wrote:Can you compare a $200 Kindle Fire to this?

IMHO this is much better than the Nook and Kindle Fire

DaHarder

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DaHarder

Bottom Line... Very Good Tablet + Exceptionally Low Price = Awesome WOOT!

beerbellybob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages beerbellybob

It's not that hard to figure out. If at all confused, read the comments. As soon as the monkey came out, everyone else knew it was over.

VIDEOSENSATIONS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VIDEOSENSATIONS

Hate to say this but for the cost buy an iPad 2 instead

stoopid2001

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stoopid2001

I got one of these through woot, from amazon a few weeks ago. My first run with android and I can say I love it. Plays cough "legally acquired" cough movies and books just great. It is somewhat of a fingerprint magnet though.

I used to list my woots here, but they no longer fit.

DaHarder

tkebidder wrote:Adobe said today they are going to stop making updates of flash player, and flash player ALL TOGETHER...so not sure what they will do to this other then kill it

Adobe Flash sites will still be supported on ALL Android device for the foreseeable future, including this one, it just won't be further developed by Adobe 'officially'.

Anyway... That in no, way, shape or form renders this device any less useable, and it has already been officially announced that the XOOM will be one of the first device to receive an update to Android 4.X/Ice Cream Sandwich.

sohcSTI

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sohcSTI

Don't worry about the news of flash for mobile, Adobe stated that they will still release fixes and security updates.

graymatterz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graymatterz

Xoom Xoom Xoom...

Blah Blah Blah!

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

4.4 stars is the buzzillions rating.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/motorola-xoom-10-1-1gb-wifi-reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

woncoolone

quality posts: 1156 Private Messages woncoolone

therealjrn

quality posts: 59 Private Messages therealjrn
DaHarder wrote:Bottom Line... Very Good Tablet + Exceptionally Low Price = Awesome WOOT!

1 out of two ain't bad but |= an awesome w00t.

Happy 10th Woot!

DaHarder

cowboyesfan wrote:Its no $99 HP Touchpad, thats for sure.

Nope... The XOOM isn't running a completely abandoned mobile operating system, like the Hp TouchPad.

In fact it will be one of the first tablets to be upgraded to Android 4.0/ICS, given that it's an official Google Experience Device.

graymatterz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graymatterz

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

Here is the very extensive and well-trusted Engadget review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/23/motorola-xoom-review/

Basically, they say that there is a lot to love, and that it's a true iPad competitor.

cornellbigred

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cornellbigred

Dang. I was thinking about getting the blackberry playbook, but then woot makes me want to get the zoom instead.

tiger4062

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiger4062

Nice unit. Nice price. Can anyone suggest a good, reasonably priced portfolio type cover for it?

bitman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages bitman

I'm sure the Xoom's low price has nothing to do with the Xoom 2 having just come out.

DaHarder

hdtvcamera wrote:Can you compare a $200 Kindle Fire to this?

The Kindle Fire is more of an eReader with media consumption features, and will be completely locked into Amazon services ONLY. read: Not the official Android App Store.

The Xoom, and all other true Android tablets have no such restrictions, in addition to having considerably more storage capacity (the Xoom's is expandable to 64gb vs the Fire's non-exspandable 8 gb) and several other features that the Fire can/will never have/support e.g cameras, video conferencing et al.

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345

PSST! STAFF!

teenracer6 wrote:A little CNET review of the tablet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20061516-251.html

is for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

This is what you're looking for.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.