jwrebholz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwrebholz

The guy with Massachusetts, New York or California plates. Invariably the worst driver on the road.

winechickie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winechickie

The texting/cell phone guy who drifts over the center line guy.

tinalousimon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinalousimon

The "thinks he's cool guy" who waits til the last second to illegally zip to the right around the car in front of him---who HE saw ahead of time, with their blinker on, at a complete stop---leaving ME little notice to keep from rear ending them and causing a multi-car pile up!!
Ughhh!!

malebaba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malebaba

Very few people know how to merge from an on ramp onto the highway.

jensguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensguy
ajverret wrote:Let's not forget the "I drive slowly all day in the passing lane" guy and the worst sub human of all . . . The F#%€£NG TOUR DE FRANCE OUTFIT WEARING CYCLIST THAT RIDES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD HOLDING UP FIFTY CARS ON A NARROW ROAD GUY!!!!! (Great subject by the way -lots of passion around this subject out there!)

How about the "I'm going to scare the **** out of that biker by not moving over to pass him so my mirror is like one inch from his head guy"

ralfwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralfwolf

there is always the i need to stop at the yield sign instead of simply merging onto the freeway from an on-ramp guy or the oops I missed the turning lane so I will stop in the fast lane on a blind curve and wait for the light to change so I can turn anyway instead of going one intersection up and making a u-turn guy

tinalousimon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinalousimon
jwrebholz wrote:The guy with Massachusetts, New York or California plates. Invariably the worst driver on the road.

And, let's not forget any of the other 45 contiguous state plates....lol

trainplanescars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trainplanescars

There are so many great comments on this thread. So many that are so true. But those of you complaining about tailgaters are very wrong about keeping to the limit. Actually the law says to move over and leave the faster car pass. No harm, no foul. Its not up to us drivers to enforce the law, some states actually ticket drivers for impeding traffic.The sign says SLOWER vehicles keep right. If there isnt another car in front of you for a mile, and there are 5 bunched up behind you, you are the slower car, or the lead car in a funeral. The LAW says to move over and let the car pass. No where does the LAW state, play policeman,the police give a grace period of 5-7 mph on interstates most of the time,and they ARE the LAW, not you. I drive fast, as many of you, if im doing 80 and a guy comes up fast, I move over and let him by, get back and do my 80, I dont think to myself,Im doing 80 he can stay back there. It works great, keeps everyone happy. Anyone who doesnt do this, has a serious ME problem. Now if its bumper to bumper traffic with traffic as far as you can see, thats a whole different story. Many have great comments about that.

pearmask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pearmask
jensguy wrote:How about the "I'm going to scare the **** out of that biker by not moving over to pass him so my mirror is like one inch from his head guy"

THAT GUY. THAT GUY.

love,
the cyclist who admittedly cannot go as fast as a vehicle with an internal combustion engine but who follows all traffic laws and really tries hard not to get in your way, and who will let you pass as soon as it's safe for both of us, seriously, guy

mikeofla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikeofla

The 'guy' that get on the freeway going 40 and doesn't understand merging 'guy'.

mikeandike93

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikeandike93

The guy who is 3 inches away from my back bumper guy.

mikeandike93

The guy not driving an all electric car

mikeandike93

pearmask wrote:THAT GUY. THAT GUY.

love,
the cyclist who admittedly cannot go as fast as a vehicle with an internal combustion engine but who follows all traffic laws and really tries hard not to get in your way, and who will let you pass as soon as it's safe for both of us, seriously, guy

#RealTalk
@SacksOnSacks

0x12d3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0x12d3
akivaj wrote:I would have picked option 3 ("the cuts me off and then goes super slow guy.") but then I saw the last option and decided to elucidate thusly:
The guy who cuts me off and goes super slow in the fast lane.

This. Exactly This.

We need to form an alliance and... and...
track these people down.

*laughs maniacally*

skievlan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skievlan

Thankfully they are rare as far as I have seen, but those people who use their horn to intimidate people out of their way. Such as if someone is trying to merge into a lane in front of them and they honk violently sending them swerving out of their lane, thinking they are about to cause an accident. Then that person zooms past them and gives them the finger. I know a person who does this. This person is an Krampus.

skievlan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skievlan
jwrebholz wrote:The guy with Massachusetts, New York or California plates. Invariably the worst driver on the road.

My mother is from Sacramento, CA.. she thinks that Californians are the best drivers there are. I'm from Texas, I don't think that Texans are the best drivers ever, but they sure as heck are better drivers than Californians. And you forgot to add Pittsburgh, PA. The funny thing is that, right across the state border in Ohio, the drivers are actually very nice. Why is that?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

My vote goes to the guy who hits the left lane when he gets on the route, and stays there because sometime, some day, he's gonna take a left. I know him. I'm stuck behind him many days a month. It's a directional thing. On those rare days he's gonna take a right, he stays in the right lane.
Did I mention his MPH almost NEVER deviates from 38.5 MPH? On a 40 MPH route? Maddening I tell you - MADDENING!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Just for the record, for us NEW YORK drivers, it's Mass and Jersey. Oh, and Maryland - DEFinitely Maryland. For ME on my local commute, it's anyone in a Subaru, with or without a Jesus fish or CoExist sticker, anyone in a Volvo, or anyone in a SUV or crossover with those silly stick-figure-family stickers. Pet stickers just add to the slowdown, I don't know why.

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat

The "OCH! MISTLETOE FRENCHING? GROSS! this txtmsg frm my BFF is moar imprtnt thn my driving!" chick.

The "I slept in so I'm running late and have to put on my makeup while I drive" chick.

The "my car is faster than yours" guy who doesn't know how to get out of 3rd gear.

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat
paigeg wrote:For ME on my local commute, anyone in a Volvo

What do you have against Volvos?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

There are so many, how can you pick just one?

The no lights on in the rain guy.

The tinted windows so you can't see if the driver is looking your way at things like 4 way stop signs guy.

The drive the speed limit, or below it, on the highway, when the speed everyone is going is 10 miles an hour faster. Then everyone has to go around that car guy.

The two cars racing in heavy traffic guys.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

the drives over the speed limit when its blizzard and there is ice on the ground guy. someone is gonna get in an accident (i like to call it an 'on purpose')

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx
tinalousimon wrote:And, let's not forget any of the other 45 contiguous state plates....lol

and the rare hawaii plate

trainplanescars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trainplanescars

I forgot to mention the guy doing 65 in the 65 zone that sees a cop and hits his brakes and slows to 55. Does he think hes going to get a special reward or something. You can go by the cop at the speed limit, nothing will happen.

And the guy who you catch from miles back because your driving 10mph faster than him and when you catch him he takes it up to your speed. If you were driving faster than me in the first place, how did I catch you? Then makes you pass him like its the last lap of Daytona, after you make the pass you look in the mirror and hes 2 miles back doing the same thing to the next car. Probably the peeps on here complaining about their right to be in the fast lane.LOL.

lordpil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordpil

Sometimes I think I am a hypocrite. I always complain about drivers who make dangerous maneuvers when they get in the wrong lane.

Earlier this week, I really proved myself a non-hypocrite though when I saw my exit coming up on the right while in the left lane. It was too late to safely cross 3 lanes of traffic. I drove 20 miles out of the way, while on empty and it cost me 50 cents in tolls because I didn't take that exit. But I did it.

spldart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spldart

The guy/gal that sees your blinker and then guns the gas to close off the spot you could have, only moments ago, merged into safely.

mikeberghuis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeberghuis

The person who drives overly cautious. thinks that the car a quarter mile away is going to hit him if he pulls out. just doesn't drive efficiently.

farid550

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farid550

the guy who is driving very slowly on the fast lane

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100
margatuti wrote:I am ***SO*** enjoying reading your posts!!!

I remember cruising along in the fast lane in Southern CA...

Thanks. I have to say in California is where I feel most at home on the interstate. I was taking the scenic tour from SF down to Big Sur recently and, granted I was never in rush hour traffic but I found the overall amount of cooperation in and out of the hammer lane quite refreshing.

trainplanescars wrote:No where does the LAW state, play policeman,the police give a grace period of 5-7 mph on interstates most of the time,and they ARE the LAW, not you. I drive fast, as many of you, if im doing 80 and a guy comes up fast, I move over and let him by, get back and do my 80,

You know, you and I should hang out more often.

It astounds me that people seem determined to try affecting other peoples' behavior from behind their own steering wheel. This guy (page 4) is just down right dangerous.

seahokedrama wrote:Male-Cow Produced Fertilizer!
So it's my fault that there is a car in front of me- cars I'm overtaking to my right- I'm going 20 over the speed limit and some fool behind me is pretty-much kissing my back bumper?

You, sir cause traffic and worse, dangerous driving situations. We're living in a society here. Your cooperation is needed. We are all not extras in the movie that is your life. Just try to get along and choose battles you can win.

You have absolutely departed reality when you wittingly engage in behavior that a) you can avoid and b) upsets you so much that you complain about it later.

I'm done with tailgating. You slow pokes and left-hand vigilantes can keep getting frustrated or you can move over. It's your call.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

I have a new one! It's the close-the-gap-after-I've-already-safely-merged-in-front-of-you guy.

What the heck, folks? If you're going to close the gap and keep me out from in front of you, that's fine. I respect that. Running up on me after I've merged is just futile and makes you look dumb.

You were taking a holiday and let the gap get away from you and here I am now. It's over, just get in line and pay closer attention from now on.

Also, some people have been posting this and I have the answer:
Q: Why do you pass me when you're planning to take the very next exit?
A: You've made it apparent that being behind you on the service road is going to be a bad idea.

opsouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages opsouth

The |D|OT who pulls onto the road right in front of me and pulls a "0 to 60 in 5 miles". What's worse is when the driver couldn't wait another 2 seconds until I go by....when there's not another car in sight behind me!

debmorrison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debmorrison

the ones that do not slow down in a school zone and/or speed up before the end of the school zone

easpangler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages easpangler

The slow guy driving in the fast lane. Move!

morachi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages morachi

I hate the guy who can't turn off/stop playing "Words with Friends" to take the time to concentrate on driving.

Then of course he blames the cop for trying to make him stop for being "too old".

Man...I really hate that guy.

mittman51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mittman51

The guy behind you in the merge lane that speeds up, merges into traffic ahead of you, then cuts you off so you can't merge!

larryfarthing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryfarthing

The blissfully ignorant guy (B.I.G.) who insists on driving at or below the speed limit in the passing lane. This is doubly aggravating when B.I.G is mindlessly carrying on a cell phone conversation! The ultimate aggravation occurs when multiple other B.I.G.'s insist on driving just as slow (or even slower) in all of the other available lanes.

gitting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gitting

The "I'm too cool to merge into the lane because of upcoming accident/construction, so I'll drive on the shoulder, zoom to the front of the line, and cut in there guy."

Wait, that's actually #2. #1 guy I hate is the one who lets that #2 guy in!!!

Shaw11946

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shaw11946

Slow in the fast lane! Grrrrrrrrrr.

preacher31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages preacher31

What about the "pull out in right front of you causing you to slam on brakes only to turn off again 100 yards ahead" guy? He couldn't wait for me to go by before getting to his turn off 100 yards ahead?

heatmirrorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatmirrorman
meanwhile wrote:The guy who, when road construction signs tell you to merge, drives 2 miles past all the rest of the us who DID merge and expects the people at the front of the line to let him in.

good one!!