3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sunbeam Easy Fill 1500-Watt Garment Steamer
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

I use mine to steam vegetables

beaniebobo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages beaniebobo

Hot and steamy... just the way I like it woot!

• 5/15 - woot! Off USB Lights w/Screaming Monkey
  • Vreeland.co

abstevens

quality posts: 10 Private Messages abstevens

Similar model on Amazon: with great reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-S1400-1400-Watt-Garment-Steamer/dp/B003ZG41UG

But...is it mac compatible?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAAz9fiTW0

that was fun while it lasted!

vogt2385

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vogt2385

Goes for $99 on Amazon... Great reviews. Amazing deal!

wonbadan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wonbadan

Wife has one of these (different brand, but similar design) in our house in China. She swears by it. I have seen her using it to steam the wrinkles out of my cotton shirts and jackets. Surprisingly effective.

TheDrMaSuess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheDrMaSuess

The pre-Christmas stuff you guys have had really vacuums!

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

We got this in a Burgandy Olfactory Center last year and it is still going strong. I (err, my wife) use it weekly and love it. It does take up a little space, but if you have the room you'll wonder how you lived without one for so long. At $40 shipped, this is a great gift for yourself. (I recommend *not* buying this for the s.o. as a gift!)

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

I can't tell you if this one is any good, but a steamer is really something anyone who has to dress like an adult should own (I say this as a guy with 50 shirt.woots, but I have to wear suits to work).
save wear on your clothes, dry cleaning should only be done a fe wtimes and year and even press only is too much for taking our wrinkles. Oh and the money saved. $35 is like a week or 2s worth of press only.

I have a Jiffy J-4000, which I'm certain is better built, but is also $200 more.

ryangibbons1974

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryangibbons1974

Has anybody tried this on fabric blinds? Might be cheaper then hiring a company.

ryan gibbons

BGreider

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BGreider

I love mine, as a single guy I do NOT iron, try to always by wrinkle free stuff , but love cotton. This thing works great

sunw00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunw00

I work as an extra for movies, tv, and commercials and I see one of these in EVERY wardrobe trailer because it works like a champ

omarpseverino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omarpseverino

I have one like this for my dorm room. Takes up a little space but not more than an ironing board would. Much easier to learn and use than an iron, great for steaming out some wrinkles real fast. Just add water

yutinghung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yutinghung

Just ordered one. I've been waiting to get for woot to bring back a good steamer for a while. It's going to be a great thing for my house!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

It was $115.90 when Sears sold it:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/t_10153_12605?tName=steam-garment-steamer.html

HSN: $79.97 + $10.96 shipping vs. $34.99 + $5 shipping tonight, one good review
http://home-solutions.hsn.com/sunbeam-easy-fill-garment-steamer_p-6175153_xp.aspx

jazn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jazn

has anybody used something like this on cloth seats in a car? is it worth it to buy for steam cleaning the interior of my car?

Jason Lau

thisniss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thisniss

I've had a little palm sized "travel steamer" for years, but I've been wanting the real thing for sooooo long. Does anyone know how this brand compares to the Rowenta models?

bionyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bionyx

I just got married a month ago, and a garment steamer was a thing my wife was wanting to spend 150 bucks of our gift money on that I said no to. She was mad at me, and this looks just as good as the one she tried to buy at Macy's. Just in time for Christmas? Thanks Woot!

Oh and before anyone says it... don't worry she's getting gifts that wont make her want to punch me too.

squirrellyferret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirrellyferret

Don't judge me for asking this but...could you use it to clean clothes? Coats maybe? Hmm...

ETA: And I mean using this in lieu of washing them traditionally, not just for wrinkles.

tinytimmy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tinytimmy

fastcarz2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fastcarz2003

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

This isn't the droid I'm looking for. I can go about my business. Move along.

Potrzebie!

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

How does this work on silk? Is this okay for delicate fabrics?

www.howlingdead.com

jajonsun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jajonsun
tinytimmy wrote:Looks more like the $89 *1400* Watt one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-S1400-1400-Watt-Garment-Steamer/dp/B003ZG41UG

+ $11 shipping > $99

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Easy Spill is a nice feature.

AnotherBrian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnotherBrian

Has anybody tried using one of these for cleaning parts and stuff in a workshop? I know I couldn't steam clean an engine with it but maybe degreasing smaller things I take off an engine? I could ditch the plastic nozzle or make a new one.

What about piping it into a box for steaming and bending wood? (Not a lot, just occasionally).

omgukk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages omgukk

I'm not sure why, but the picture just makes this item looks creepy. Like a really tall robot that is watching you. Creepy.

tinytimmy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tinytimmy
jajonsun wrote:+ $11 shipping > $99

My point was more that the model is a 1400 watt machine, not 1500 as woot says this is.

Nice catch though.

Itaintrite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Itaintrite

Can I use this to steam clean a microfiber sofa?

barretta12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barretta12345

This is for getting wrinkles out of clothes....this is not a steam cleaner for car seats or engine parts.

rabidmonkeyoncrack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabidmonkeyoncrack
tinytimmy wrote:My point was more that the model is a 1400 watt machine, not 1500 as woot says this is.

Nice catch though.

Every other online retailer says it is 1500 watts and Amazon is the only one saying it is 1400. I'd go with the majority even though Amazon is reputable.

Itaintrite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Itaintrite
barretta12345 wrote:This is for getting wrinkles out of clothes....this is not a steam cleaner for car seats or engine parts.

Thanks. I saw a review on Amazon saying it works to get stain out with a little scrubbing... guess not enough.

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia

I don't recommend using this on clothes that you're currently wearing! My friend did this once and he burned himself! He wanted to wear his favorite shirt, but didn't have time to wash it. He was in a hurry and thought steam-cleaning his shirt while he wore it would save time. Instead, he got a minor burn. He told me he saw an infomercial once that showed someone cleaning their clothes while they wore it and thought this was the same. He learned his lesson the hard way...

Shicken684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shicken684

Anyone have information on what temperature this steamer steams at? Useful information for some fabrics.

Dodey23

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Dodey23

I got a similar one from Macy's last year for about $40. All it did was spit droplets of hot water. Has anyone else gotten frustrated with these steamers soaking their shirts instead of properly steaming them?

C'mon carp!

luke2323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luke2323

I just ordered one and on the receipt screen it says it's the s1400 that's 1500 watts.m

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
ephobia wrote:I don't recommend using this on clothes that you're currently wearing! My friend did this once and he burned himself! He wanted to wear his favorite shirt, but didn't have time to wash it. He was in a hurry and thought steam-cleaning his shirt while he wore it would save time. Instead, he got a minor burn. He told me he saw an infomercial once that showed someone cleaning their clothes while they wore it and thought this was the same. He learned his lesson the hard way...

The heat required to create steam would tell you this is not possible whilst wearing it....surely. Please tell me I'm being trolled!

deweyt8958

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deweyt8958

If you're looking for an alternate use for a steamer, it does an amazing job of taking window tint off vehicle windows. My husband drove the same truck for 10+ years, with the same window tint, and not a word was said, but suddenly the cops started giving him a hard time about the window tint supposedly being too dark. >shrug< He dreaded scraping off the film, or (worse) paying someone to do it.

I looked online and found that steamers will make the window tint adhesive release within just a few seconds. He had all the windows tint-free within an hour, no scraping necessary. :-)

So if you need an excuse ... er ... reason to buy a steamer, there ya go! ;-)