3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Pyrex Easy Grab? 19-Piece Bakeware Set
$39.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

renatuslives

quality posts: 10 Private Messages renatuslives

I bought this a few weeks ago and it's a terrific set. Not only that, but it was packed so well that, dare I say, it could have been thrown off the delivery truck and survived intact.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

This is offered right after my pyrex casserole dish exploded in my kitchen today

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

76 bucks on amazon. Great deal if you need it.

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Remember, Easy Grab doesn't mean "safe grab" if it just came out of the oven...

njkrut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njkrut

Amazon Link - It's like half off. Not bad especially because you can never have enough glass Tupperware that doesn't leak plastic into your food...

There's lots of these glass containers out there now but I prefer pyrex... I don't think I've seen them sell pyrex before though. Just Lock 'N Lock Stuff...

SWBeauty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SWBeauty

I agree! Just finished cutting down all the boxes they came in last night. Fantastic set of serving dishes, packed fantastically!

renatuslives wrote:I bought this a few weeks ago and it's a terrific set. Not only that, but it was packed so well that, dare I say, it could have been thrown off the delivery truck and survived intact.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
njkrut wrote:Amazon Link - good reviews...

There's lots of these glass containers out there now but I prefer pyrex... I don't think I've seen them sell pyrex before though. Just Lock 'N Lock Stuff

I can't find the reviews you're talking about. To consolidate yours and the other reference above, it's over $76 at Amazon, for your link and for the other link at Amazon (again, no reviews):

http://www.amazon.com/Brand-New-Pyrex-Popular-Modern-Practical/dp/B004RKXF56/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324015411&sr=8-4

Edit: Walmart $76.90, again no reviews
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyrex-Easy-Grab-19-Piece-Bakeware-Set-with-Blue-Plastic-Cover/17478994

caseycat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caseycat

This looks like a great set! Too bad I am broke until next Friday...

Simmp5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Simmp5

What is the weight of these things? Anybody who has these know.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I can't remember where I read it, but apparently Pyrex bakeware is no longer made of the same high quality material it used to be. May want to curb your enthusiasm on this one a bit.

It's still a decent deal, but not like classic Pyrex

SWBeauty

Pyrex heaven - you can't ask for more than this to satisfy all of your Pyrex needs. :-)

tiger7610 wrote:This is offered right after my pyrex casserole dish exploded in my kitchen today

woncoolone

quality posts: 563 Private Messages woncoolone

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

Great set! I haven't had great luck with the lids surviving the dishwasher long term, so I only use them when necessary and wash them by hand. This is such a great deal, that I'm in for another!

John1000

quality posts: 19 Private Messages John1000

daduckster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages daduckster

Just remember this ISN't your mother's Pyrex (so to speak). Pyrex (in the US) used to be made of borosilicate glass (pre-1998 or 1987, depending on who you listen to), but now is made of cheaper Soda-Lime glass. Consumer Reports has been on the case for several months now and shows definate evidence of more problems with breaking, creaking, and exploding glassware.

The bottom line is there are very definate steps you must take with regard to Pyrex and similar glass cookware/bakeware to avoid high risk of injury.

Snopes has a nice summary of some of the data: http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/pyrex.asp

That being said, within the limits, this is a nice set and a good value.

whatsamattaU

Cheapest price $68.49 in the Froogle

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

The glass isn't any different, and indeed, they are still made in the USA.
Truth about Pyrex Glass

caseycat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caseycat

Well, since I have seen the same products pop up later on another W00T section, maybe this will be offered again soon on Home.W00T. That's all I can hope for at this point...

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA

too good of a deal to pass up, in fer wun

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

whatsamattaU

My comments from the previous woot:

Cheapest (vs. $39.99 + $5 shipping here) is $69.08(Edit: $68.49--see earlier post above) total cost when I froogled it

When you go to Pyrex, it's not on their website that I could find (edit: found--see below, same price). However, they send you to shopworldkitchen.com since World Kitchen bought out Pyrex's consumer products division from Corning 11 years ago. There, it's $59.99 on sale with $11.25 shipping (but free shipping only kicks in with over $75 purchase): (edit: now $48.99 but no free shipping offer now)
http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/pyrex/easy-grab-bake-set-1093838

and Pyrex's PR responses (including their breakage potential, and that the products are made in the U.S.):
http://www.pyrexware.com/index.asp?pageId=30

and I have no direct/indirect ties to Corning or World Kitchen (which I hadn't heard of until now). I haven't had the chance to read the Consumer Reports article mentioned above. Judge for yourself.

Emmnemms wrote:Just for a warning (from kinda-personal experience): If you place a pyrex on a hot burner, it will send glass shards EVERYWHERE!

My mum accidentally placed a baking dish with proofing rolls onto a burner that was hot (she wasn't aware it was on) and left the room. Next thing we knew, glass was EVERYWHERE! Glad she wasn't in the room! Sadly, we couldn't eat the rolls afterwards

More specific Pyrex safety advice can be found using link on the page from my original Pyrex response link earlier http://www.pyrexware.com/index.asp?pageId=30
. The safety link will get you here:

http://www.pyrexware.com/index.asp?pageId=32

but the advice is also on this Pyrex repsonse page...

including video demonstrating this from Sandra Lee (no, not Sara Lee):

(edit: Narfcake also found the original safety page for Pyrex above while I was putting this together--the pageID=30 one)

SWBeauty

Each, or the whole package? They came in 3 boxes, like a set of nested dolls - one box inside the other. Then each piece was separated by paper, and all was surrounded by air-packing material. The whole thing probably weighed 15-20 lbs. The packing was amazing - never saw anything like it.

Simmp5 wrote:What is the weight of these things? Anybody who has these know.

faryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faryl

If I hadn't just recently binged on Pyrex & corningware (thanks to a tip posted in Woot Deals), I'd be all over this.

I'm completely fascinated by the cherpumple. Thinking that may need to become part of our Festivus traditions...

njkrut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njkrut
daduckster wrote:Just remember this ISN't your mother's Pyrex (so to speak).

That being said, within the limits, this is a nice set and a good value.

Wow! Actually that's incredibly useful information. I thought it was still made of the same stuff. +1 to daduckster.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

I'm guessing Woot is rather eco-friendly, judging by the amount of products they've been recycling lately.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

In for 1. I've broke most of my pyrex in recent years on the kitchen travertine tile. This should cover all I broke plus. Thanks woot, it's a great price!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

calebmitchell wrote:I'm guessing Woot is rather eco-friendly, judging by the amount of products they've been recycling lately.

I see what you did there.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
Narfcake wrote:The glass isn't any different, and indeed, they are still made in the USA.
Truth about Pyrex Glass

Give me a break. You actually think the company that sells the product is a reliable source for unbiased information?

The snopes.com site is a much more trustworthy source.
As a side note. I bought a Kuhn pot on homewoot about 2 weeks ago that was stamped 18/10 stainless steel by the Chinese manufacturer yet when I tested it with a magnet the magnet stuck like glue. 18/10 stainless steel is NOT magnetic. So, for all you people who think they can trust the manufacturer for accurate information please live and learn.

susiewoots

quality posts: 16 Private Messages susiewoots

I'm torn! I need Pyrex, mixing bowls and casserole dishes. This set has what I need except oven safe lids. Do I buy a smaller Pyrex set and corningware or pull out the big bucks on this set? If only I had saved my coupon instead of buying a shirt.

Scooley01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Scooley01

I got these a few weeks ago when they were on Woot, and I love them!

A tip for those with little cabinet space: The mixing bowls will nest WITH THEIR LIDS ON! It's a tight squeeze, but they stay together nicely and it saves a ton of space!

whatsamattaU

dliidlii wrote:Give me a break. You actually think the company that sells the product is a reliable source for unbiased information?

The snopes.com site is a much more trustworthy source.

As noted above on the previous woot link:
http://home.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4729678&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=86

if y'all want to go through the Pyrex quality, type of glass, and manufacturing debate ad nauseum, I'd look at the previous woot first and maybe save some time (including discussion of consumer reports, snopes mentioned above by daduckster, and even material science expert chiming in). I wouldn't trust any site 100% though, as good as snopes can be.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

I wonder how it would stand up to my household given we have a penchant for dropping things on our tile floors. If they had some way of cushioning them, I'd be all over this.

www.howlingdead.com

john27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages john27

I did have a pyrex dish explode on me once. It was around Christmas time, and we had a ham in the oven, had been for quite some time. It was about ready to come out, when we heard an awful noise from the kitchen, like something had fallen and dropped HARD. We couldn't find anything, but there was smoke coming from the oven, we shut it off, and inside were pieces of glass EVERYWHERE. The racks were still in place (initial thought was an oven rack broke and it fell) and there was still a good size chunk under the ham in place that hadn't even budged.

It was definitely odd! However, that was a piece that was probably 30 years old, it's the only time I've experienced ANYTHING like that. We called Pyrex, when someone told us they would replace it, they did. In fact, they sent us an entire new set of Pyrex dishes, and we disposed of the glass shards (thankfully it broken into larger chunks, so it was easy to clean out of the oven when it all cooled! Ham was, of course, ruined.)

But anyway, there's your one-in-a-million. I've never felt like I shouldn't use Pyrex anymore, especially since that's what generations of family has ALWAYS used. Used one tonight, actually, to make a spaghetti bake! Not trying to turn anyone away, but I am saying they might have a 'shelf life', and they should occasionally be checked for cracks and things (I suspect there was a crack that juices from basting the ham got in and spread and eventually broke. The way it broke apart made it seem that way, not like impact, but like it 'fell apart'). SO, that said, if you have Pyrex dishes, give them a good look-over, and if they do have damage, get rid of them and replace them with this one! haha!

Also, again, Kudos to Pyrex for giving us a no-nonsense "my bad" replacement on the thing!

firenygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firenygirl

I purchased the 20 piece set from a store on Black friday for only $19.99. Some of the bowls are unusually small and the lids are a tight fit. I was afraid of dropping the bowl on the floor, with all the effort it took to put the lid on. I wouldn't pay $40 for the set, but that's only because this one appears to come with a pie plate and that is pretty much useless to me

southdakota

quality posts: 1 Private Messages southdakota

over at Kohl's it is the 19 pc Prep and Bake Set for $44.09,then use code
GIFTS4ALL for 30 percent off
then use code
XMASFREE for free shipping

makes it 30.87 delivered

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchen/top_brands/pyrex/pyrex1/bakeware/PRD~268921/Pyrex+19pc+Prep+and+Bake+Set.jsp

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
susiewoots wrote: This set has what I need except oven safe lids.

That's what tin foil is for! Seriously. Some of my Pyrex has glass lids, and I greatly prefer these. Unlike the bulky glass lids, these are lightweight, take little storage space, fit airtight, won't chip or break, don't rattle, stay securely attached during transport and are sturdy enough to stack in the fridge or cooler.

Do hand wash the lids. Reviews indicate that repeated dishwasher use will make them brittle.

whatsamattaU

southdakota wrote:over at Kohl's it is the 19 pc Prep and Bake Set for $44.09,then use code
GIFTS4ALL for 30 percent off
then use code
XMASFREE for free shipping

makes it 30.87 delivered

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchen/top_brands/pyrex/pyrex1/bakeware/PRD~268921/Pyrex+19pc+Prep+and+Bake+Set.jsp

1. The 10 reviews there are good
2. I didn't want to register, but retailmenot says you need a Kohl's credit card to get the 30%. Can you/anyone confirm/deny this? It's $51.04 before any discounts/tax, it looks like.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/kohls.com

scottparshall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottparshall

Pyrex started oven glassware and they will always be the best you can buy. It's an amazing deal! wot woot!

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
firenygirl wrote: Some of ... the lids are a tight fit. I was afraid of dropping the bowl on the floor, with all the effort it took to put the lid on.

I experienced this with the smallest bowls in the set I bought recently too, but they've loosened up nicely with a bit of use.