AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
inkycatz wrote:I was early to work, we'll cancel each other out.

Got snow?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Got snow?

No

Did you?

Yes, I know you weren't talking to me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
inkycatz wrote:+1 this

Dang! That is something else.

move along

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Afternoon all. Had a doctor appointment this morning. He said he had a birthday present for me. Gave me a pneumonia shot. Thanks a bunch.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Afternoon all. Had a doctor appointment this morning. He said he had a birthday present for me. Gave me a pneumonia shot. Thanks a bunch.

Better the shot than a bout of p'monia!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Better the shot than a bout of p'monia!!

Her problem is they give that to old people.

Except daughter, who has had that and shingles.
I still have to see if she can get the shingles shot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Her problem is they give that to old people.

Then you're due for one, also!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Then you're due for one, also!!

Not yet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Poof! My yahoo has been acting very strange. Can't get to my mail. Really strange. I changed my password and all is better.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Afternoon all. Had a doctor appointment this morning. He said he had a birthday present for me. Gave me a pneumonia shot. Thanks a bunch.

Tell him next time greeting cards are better.

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
inkycatz wrote:Tell him next time greeting cards are better.

box of chocolates.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
kdccrosby wrote:I just bought the pyrex bowls from home.woot. I love pyrex. I didn't really need any more though.

Meh. I refuse to buy any of the new stuff. Ever since Corning sold their houseware division off to World Kitchen LLC, the quality has taken a sharp nosedive.

Pyrex cookware is now made of tempered soda-lime glass instead of borosilicate (pyrex) glass. A much cheaper and inferior product, no better than Anchor Hocking or whatever Chinese junk Wal-Mart sells these days. It also (despite world kitchen's PR dept trying desperately to spin the news) has an alarming tendency to Potty Emergency in the oven under normal usage. And then there are CorningWare dishes (like your classic French White casseroles), which are no longer made of a super strong glass-ceramic, but rather a generic glazed stoneware ceramic.

The only product World Kitchen didn't cheapen was the Corelle/Vitrelle line of dishes, because it requires a very specific chemistry and manufacturing process to make them so thin and light. So instead of cutting corners on the source materials, they cut corners on plant maintenance, resulting in multiple tank leaks & factory fires over the past few years.

Bottom line -- World Kitchen is a major douchebag of a company, and until they run themselves out of business and sell the Pyrex name back to Corning, I wouldn't trust their products any further than I can chuck 'em.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Poof! My yahoo has been acting very strange. Can't get to my mail. Really strange. I changed my password and all is better.

No problem receiving the emial, just not the attachments.

no1

Turken wrote:Meh. I refuse to buy any of the new stuff. Ever since Corning sold their houseware division off to World Kitchen LLC, the quality has taken a sharp nosedive.

Bottom line -- World Kitchen is a major douchebag of a company, and until they run themselves out of business and sell the Pyrex name back to Corning, I wouldn't trust their products any further than I can chuck 'em.

why did they sell off the pyrex name? what is corning's cash cow now? why would they agree to take it back and make it what it was, if they didn't want to keep it in the first place?

Turken

no1 wrote:why did they sell off the pyrex name? what is corning's cash cow now? why would they agree to take it back and make it what it was, if they didn't want to keep it in the first place?

As best as I can understand -- they sold off the kitchen division in the late '90s for a couple reasons.

One reason being that after a few decades of production it just wasn't profitable any more. They made too good of a product. Stuff was so indestructible that people were using it for years on end and passing it along to their kids instead of buying new dishes over and over. Plus making products in the USA was getting harder to do in the face of cheap overseas competition. The other reason was that around this time the company was expecting the fiber optic market to take off big time, so they put most of their financial eggs in that basket. Unfortunately the fiber market wasn't as big as they had thought it would be, and that mistake almost tanked the whole company.

Today, their bread and butter is producing high-spec flat glass for LCD screens and "Gorilla Glass" for mobile device screens. And fortunately for the company, it doesn't look like those markets will be bottoming out anytime soon at all. Would they take back the kitchen products, if given the chance? hard to say. It certainly wouldn't be as profitable as the execs would like, but at the same time, there is some value left in the brand name, and bringing back the real products might help to undo some of the collateral damage they've taken from the fallout of WK's mistakes.

no1

Turken wrote:They made too good of a product. Stuff was so indestructible that people were using it for years on end and passing it along to their kids instead of buying new dishes over and over.

so world kitchen is doing it right after all!

Turken

no1 wrote:so world kitchen is doing it right after all!

I dunno. seriously maiming your employees and customers to make a few extra bucks may be swinging the pendulum a bit too far.

no1

Turken wrote:I dunno. seriously maiming your employees and customers to make a few extra bucks may be swinging the pendulum a bit too far.

"The incident occurred shortly after 8 a.m. when molten glass began leaking from one of the plant’s tanks, spilling onto the manufacturing floor and into the basement, Corning Fire Chief John Tighe said.

"World Kitchen LLC spokeswoman Melissa Amptmann said the company successfully followed its emergency plan -- which, ironically, had been scheduled to be tested during a drill at 8 a.m. today."

i think they were just trying to make their drill seem a leetle more realistic. idk about any1 else, but usually here we don't seem to take the fire drills that seriously!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Turken wrote:Meh. I refuse to buy any of the new stuff. Ever since Corning sold their houseware division off to World Kitchen LLC, the quality has taken a sharp nosedive.

Pyrex cookware is now made of tempered soda-lime glass instead of borosilicate (pyrex) glass. A much cheaper and inferior product, no better than Anchor Hocking or whatever Chinese junk Wal-Mart sells these days. It also (despite world kitchen's PR dept trying desperately to spin the news) has an alarming tendency to Potty Emergency in the oven under normal usage. And then there are CorningWare dishes (like your classic French White casseroles), which are no longer made of a super strong glass-ceramic, but rather a generic glazed stoneware ceramic.

The only product World Kitchen didn't cheapen was the Corelle/Vitrelle line of dishes, because it requires a very specific chemistry and manufacturing process to make them so thin and light. So instead of cutting corners on the source materials, they cut corners on plant maintenance, resulting in multiple tank leaks & factory fires over the past few years.

you can't even heat Pyrex on a stove burner any more. ridiculous!

AZGman

AZGman wrote:Got snow?

So, apparently, inkystaff doesn't respond to grumpy old wooters.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:So, apparently, inkystaff doesn't respond to grumpy old wooters.

We got snow, all the school districts canceled school except the district that buses for our charter school, so the charter stayed open and all the kids that lived outside the district (can live anywhere in the state and come to the charter) didn't make it in. Starting to slow a little on the blizzard mode, but for a bit it was a fluffy inch every 15 mins.

Beware the V'owls screech!

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:So, apparently, inkystaff doesn't respond to grumpy old wooters.

I was lunchin'! It was a late lunch, but I've been going since the wee hours this morning with the wootoff and was running low on energy.

Yeah, we've got snow here, although now I think we've officially moved on to the freezing rain stage. It was snowing from 5am to about noon, when it switched over to the "I think that's rain, yes, it clearly is" stage.

According to measurements, I'd say we got around four inches in my area of town. Busses have abandoned hope and pretense of snow routes in many hilly neighborhoods. I think we got more snow but see below.

At present, I'm a bit iced in - I went out around 11am to clear my head a bit but only got halfway down the stairs before it got all slippery sliding icy. I'm a bit unhappy, as my boots with the best traction should have sufficed. At the same time, I am apathetic because well, what can you do other than come back inside and get back to work. All I wanted to do was go outside and measure how deep the snow was and get fresh air.

If it continues to ice over I do have a pair of hiking poles which I will probably put to good use. Or just hole up until it gets de-iced or melted.

That's my day, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:I was lunchin'! It was a late lunch, but I've been going since the wee hours this morning with the wootoff and was running low on energy.

Yeah, we've got snow here, although now I think we've officially moved on to the freezing rain stage. It was snowing from 5am to about noon, when it switched over to the "I think that's rain, yes, it clearly is" stage.

According to measurements, I'd say we got around four inches in my area of town. Busses have abandoned hope and pretense of snow routes in many hilly neighborhoods. I think we got more snow but see below.

At present, I'm a bit iced in - I went out around 11am to clear my head a bit but only got halfway down the stairs before it got all slippery sliding icy. I'm a bit unhappy, as my boots with the best traction should have sufficed. At the same time, I am apathetic because well, what can you do other than come back inside and get back to work. All I wanted to do was go outside and measure how deep the snow was and get fresh air.

If it continues to ice over I do have a pair of hiking poles which I will probably put to good use. Or just hole up until it gets de-iced or melted.

That's my day, folks.

Do they not believe in salt in Seattle?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

dontwantaname wrote:Do they not believe in salt in Seattle?

I think they were waiting until we got to the rain portion of our day. I am hoping it will be fine later!

I do expect it to refreeze overnight though and be treacherous tomorrow.

AZGman

Time to call it quits for the day. I won't say g'night, because that confuses d'name.

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:Time to call it quits for the day. I won't say g'night, because that confuses d'name.

See ya tomorrow!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Time to call it quits for the day. I won't say g'night, because that confuses d'name.

Have a good one and stay warm!

smilingjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilingjack

Just checking something.

KtCallista

Since no one it talking. I'll post a gif

*and if it's too naughty just delete it... I know it's NSFWish.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Since no one it talking. I'll post a gif

LOL

pooflady

Yoo-hoo.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Since no one it talking. I'll post a gif

I see that all day at the dog park.

Hi Poof!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:"KtCallista"]Since no one it talking. I'll post a gif

I see that all day at the dog park.

Really? You see a koala going for a goat?

University (work) declared a snow day - they almost never close and have been known to hold sessions with 4' of snow on the ground. About two hours later the school district also announced snow day, so we are all home all day tomorrow. I'm so sleeping in. I have jury duty Friday... I wonder if government offices will be open.....

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Yoo-hoo.

Sorry, Orc's cousin's husband messaged him to let him know that his grandma is going to hospice tomorrow, so I had to make a phone call for him.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I see that all day at the dog park.

Hi Poof!

You see koalas humping goats in the dog park? PICS!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:You see koalas humping goats in the dog park? PICS!!!

SECONDED!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:SECONDED!

Just humping.

Tiny dog humping huge dogs.

Huge dogs humping tiny dogs.

Dogs humping the back, front, side , hell, even the ear of another dog.

Dogs with no working reproductive parts....doesn't seem to matter to them.

I'm sure if kola or goat came to the park, it would get humped.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Just humping.

Tiny dog humping huge dogs.

Huge dogs humping tiny dogs.

Dogs humping the back, front, side , hell, even the ear of another dog.

Dogs with no working reproductive parts....doesn't seem to matter to them.

I'm sure if kola or goat came to the park, it would get humped.

//disappointed//

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote://disappointed//

Sorry

I got bit by a goat when I bought my xmas tree this year. Is that any good?
Or do you need interspecies sex?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Sorry

I got bit by a goat when I bought my xmas tree this year. Is that any good?
Or do you need interspecies sex?

//thinking about it//