dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:For those not aware--yes, I'm serious. When I lived in CA, I baked a lot. 3-4 batches a weekend. I'd box them up and ship to friends all over, including a few in the UK and Germany. Priority gets them there in 2-3 days, stateside. Not 'warm from the oven' but still tasty enough. Poof got some--as well as some breads that I was experimenting with at the time.

Cookies were good!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dontwantaname wrote:Cookies were good!

I've heard this from a valued resource.

I'm just hanging out, really.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

inkycatz wrote:I've heard this from a valued resource.

She means me you guys. Don't think I forgot the cookies. I never forget cookies sent to me.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
agingdragqueen wrote:She means me you guys. Don't think I forgot the cookies. I never forget cookies sent to me.

I need some "special cookies" like we baked in college :/

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:For those not aware--yes, I'm serious. When I lived in CA, I baked a lot. 3-4 batches a weekend. I'd box them up and ship to friends all over, including a few in the UK and Germany. Priority gets them there in 2-3 days, stateside. Not 'warm from the oven' but still tasty enough. Poof got some--as well as some breads that I was experimenting with at the time.

Mmm-mmm, good!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
j5 wrote:I like fruity-oaty cookies best, FWIW.

I'm just hanging out, really.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:But your sig pictures aren't
Just a blue ?

Not sure what you mean.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:Me, I am here.

And that, too, is good. Any Emmi news over the holiday? I may have missed it.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:And that, too, is good. Any Emmi news over the holiday? I may have missed it.

Yeah, I would have missed it, too.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:And that, too, is good. Any Emmi news over the holiday? I may have missed it.

She's doing well; continuing outpatient therapies and being tutored at home via the county's school programs.

Her lungs are still a bit weak and her left hand and arm are still issues, but her mind is sharp and her spirit is strong!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:She's doing well; continuing outpatient therapies and being tutored at home via the county's school programs.

Her lungs are still a bit weak and her left hand and arm are still issues, but her mind is sharp and her spirit is strong!

Great news!

AZGman

G'night, folks.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:She's doing well; continuing outpatient therapies and being tutored at home via the county's school programs.

So glad to hear that she is doing well!! YAY!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Spirt is important.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:So glad to hear that she is doing well!! YAY!

Add my YAY! It is indeed good news.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
agingdragqueen wrote:She means me you guys. Don't think I forgot the cookies. I never forget cookies sent to me.

Aww, that's sweet. Thanks! I didn't want to out anyone who didn't volunteer.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Glad Emmi is doing well!

Got a migraine, Tues, just now able to sit at my computer again.... uggh.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Drum roll:
Just wrapped my last Christmas present!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Drum roll:
Just wrapped my last Christmas present!

Ta DA!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Glad Emmi is doing well!

Got a migraine, Tues, just now able to sit at my computer again.... uggh.

What is the longest it can last?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. How ya been?

Great news on Emmi!

Hope the migraine continues to improve, KtC.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

Need some ideas. I'm making a recipe binder for granddaughter #1. I'd like to put something sloppily sentimental in the front cover so that 30 years from now she'll think of me when she opens it up.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:What is the longest it can last?

A week, but this one is basically gone, it's just the woosey post migraine crap now.

Thanks TT, I'm much better this evening. Yesterday I couldn't even sit up for more than a couple minutes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Need some ideas. I'm making a recipe binder for granddaughter #1. I'd like to put something sloppily sentimental in the front cover so that 30 years from now she'll think of me when she opens it up.

A picture of a b of c?

Or maybe a family photo with all of you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Need some ideas. I'm making a recipe binder for granddaughter #1. I'd like to put something sloppily sentimental in the front cover so that 30 years from now she'll think of me when she opens it up.

A picture of you with her when she was a baby or little.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Well? Where did you go?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

A personal letter talking about cooking together, or something else you remember doing fondly. Something telling her how much she has meant to you. (basically how you want her to remember you )

Sorry if this posts twice, my internet is really bad and it crashed on the last post.

Mavyn

Any cooking toy have done together? A picture of the implements...with a smear of batter or frosting. I remember making little cookies our if biscuit dough....tiny rolling pin, cookie cutters. Cream glaze, and then sprinkled and silver imperials always remind me of her.

pooflady

I think I'm just going to hand write:

"Blessed be the ties that bind generations"

Unless someone comes up with something I like better.

Now I have to practice my handwriting.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

the lyrics to "grandma got run over by a reindeer"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

no1 wrote:the lyrics to "grandma got run over by a reindeer"

Pfttt!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Good morning all.

AZGman

Is there any phrase or cliche you've used repeatedly, that would evoke fond memories of you, such as, "Dinner will be ready, when I damn-well say it's ready," or " Get yer filthy hands out of the cookie dough!" or "I'm sick and tired of making 1400 lbs. of frickin' potato salad every frickin' year," or "Boil Yer own damn Easter eggs this year!" . . . etc.

Oh, and, mornin', folks.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! LOL, AZ!

edit: So glad Emmi is doing well!

Mavyn

Morning!

Still congested, but I was able to sleep the night through, so that helps tremendously.

Happy Friday, Wootland!

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Is there any phrase or cliche you've used repeatedly, that would evoke fond memories of you, such as, "Dinner will be ready, when I damn-well say it's ready," or " Get yer filthy hands out of the cookie dough!" or "I'm sick and tired of making 1400 lbs. of frickin' potato salad every frickin' year," or "Boil Yer own damn Easter eggs this year!" . . . etc.

Oh, and, mornin', folks.

"you'll put your eye out"

Morning everyone

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I think I'm just going to hand write:

"Blessed be the ties that bind generations"

Unless someone comes up with something I like better.

Now I have to practice my handwriting.

I like that. Would look nice if you could put a picture of the two of you on it as well.

Edit: Or a current picture of her, and a picture of you at the same age. Kind of goes with the writing imo

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Computer is fixed. Apple store called this morning and said the screen was somehow screwed up. I approved replacement, then thought about it and called back. Screen was fine before I took it in.

I talked to a computer. Two people. Went on hold for the repair dept at the store the computer was in.
Still on hold when the email to pick it up came. So I hung up.

Why didn't I ask when he called? Woke me up. Took the brain a little while to figure it out.

WtheH was wrong with the screen? I wonder if I will have better luck talking to someone at the actual store.

This computer is still doing what I got the new one for.
Safari is not right. Firefox tells me I need a new version, then tells me Oh, there isn't any new version for that computer anymore.
I can't watch video on this one either.

Only in the would of computers would a 4 or 5 year old machine be totally obsolete!

OBSOLETE The cyber world has deemed you OBSOLETE

(just saw that Twilight Zone over new years)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!