pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning, everyone.

56 gorgeous degrees on the 1st of February!

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning, everyone.

56 gorgeous degrees on the 1st of February!



Overcast, but still warm. How can that be?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:She did, she just hid it.

Part two

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/406902/january-25-2012/grim-colberty-tales-with-maurice-sendak-pt--2

I watched it as well, just didn't comment on having done so. Sometimes I like Colbert's stuff, sometimes not as much. I think he's frequently dead on in the parody, so much so that it is too true to laugh.



I thought his view on Gingrich was spot on.

I never really liked his books. Went to the book store and read them again. Still not crazy about them. But I would love to go to a dinner party with the guy!
I think he understood Colbert better than anyone else he ever interviewed.
Plus, it looked like a really nice house. I wonder where he lives? Don't think it was the Vineyard, or daughter would have known.

The very end of part two is the best part! Don't shut down early.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I've been scanned and squozed and squished. Digital mammogram, so not nearly as bad--don't feel bruised.

Dr's office called and made the appointments--three different tests. Somehow only 2 were scheduled, but the place was really nice and got all three of them done without any problems.

Sigh. Now to hope they can figure out something to fix my sinus issues.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:I've been scanned and squozed and squished. Digital mammogram, so not nearly as bad--don't feel bruised.

Dr's office called and made the appointments--three different tests. Somehow only 2 were scheduled, but the place was really nice and got all three of them done without any problems.

Sigh. Now to hope they can figure out something to fix my sinus issues.



Wrong part of the body.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:Wrong part of the body.



Three different tests. Three different body parts.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Son has only been home since last night and he is already mad at me and wants to move out.

Unfortunately for him we live in one of the most expensive places in the country and none of his friends have their own place.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

That is interesting. My square next to my name at the welcome on top of the page, says 1 woot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Son has only been home since last night and he is already mad at me and wants to move out.

Unfortunately for him we live in one of the most expensive places in the country and none of his friends have their own place.



Tell him to feel free to leave at any time.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Tell him to feel free to leave at any time.



Hubby wouldn't agree.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:I'm assuming this is pronounced Doo-gull and not Dug-all.



It is in my head, originally the name came from a fish + chip shop in my home town called McDougall's. I don't think I'd look good in a kilt, so anything indicating a tartan was out. hence there's no Mc.

but this is an online forum, so I'll let anybody pronounce it however they like; the expectation is that it'll be read and typed, never spoken.

Outside of the internet, I have a name, it's probably best to use it, other online usernames would probably be less appropriate and even more strange outside of these hallowed tubes.


and sorry, was just busy at the office today, may post a little more later. But in the interim, thanks everyone else for the warm welcomes too; I will look forward to you all reading between the lines and not finding my pants.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dougall wrote:It is in my head, originally the name came from a fish + chip shop in my home town called McDougall's. I don't think I'd look good in a kilt, so anything indicating a tartan was out. hence there's no Mc.

but this is an online forum, so I'll let anybody pronounce it however they like; the expectation is that it'll be read and typed, never spoken.

Outside of the internet, I have a name, it's probably best to use it, other online usernames would probably be less appropriate and even more strange outside of these hallowed tubes.


and sorry, was just busy at the office today, may post a little more later. But in the interim, thanks everyone else for the warm welcomes too; I will look forward to you all reading between the lines and not finding my pants.



Why would we want to find his pants?

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:Why would we want to find his pants?



it's where I keep my passwords.


(maybe)

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:Why would we want to find his pants?




Presumably to make sure he's got them on.

I suspect there's a joke there regarding the difference between US pants and UK pants.

I've never called him by any of his online names. I think 'My Limey' is the closest.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Evenin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dougall wrote:it's where I keep my passwords.


(maybe)



Hmmm, passwords or no pants, passwords or no pants. //thinking//

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Evenin', folks.



//looks out window


Yes, it is.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

G'night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

HI to everyone, and signing out for awhile.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:G'night.



-ood night

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:-ood night



food fight

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I'm craving something sweet. Sigh. A mint usually does the trick, but not tonight.

I think there's some fro-yo...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Drama filled night last night.

In a nutshell, picked up niece from her mom's at 11:30 pm after another blowout. She is here until this weekend when we will all sit down to talk - with me there to prevent them from losing control and just yelling.

most likely niece is moving in with me until after graduation (at least)

I think that is what sister wants but won't admit it. Niece is just done with all of the drama. don't blame her, and in a little way don't blame sister.

niece has another thing coming if she thinks she can walk over me and there will be no rules, etc.

sorry for the rant. There is a lot more to the story - but it boils down to I would rather just have her move in here than keep trying to help them hold it together and prevent niece from screwing up the last 4 months of high school.

//end rant//

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Mavyn wrote:I'm craving something sweet. Sigh. A mint usually does the trick, but not tonight.

I think there's some fro-yo...



yum. I don't have anything sweet at my house right now.

I did walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes tonight though

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Drama filled night last night.

In a nutshell, picked up niece from her mom's at 11:30 pm after another blowout. She is here until this weekend when we will all sit down to talk - with me there to prevent them from losing control and just yelling.

most likely niece is moving in with me until after graduation (at least)

I think that is what sister wants but won't admit it. Niece is just done with all of the drama. don't blame her, and in a little way don't blame sister.

niece has another thing coming if she thinks she can walk over me and there will be no rules, etc.

sorry for the rant. There is a lot more to the story - but it boils down to I would rather just have her move in here than keep trying to help them hold it together and prevent niece from screwing up the last 4 months of high school.

//end rant//



Just make sure she understands the rules and that there won't be any going back and forth.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Just make sure she understands the rules and that there won't be any going back and forth.



Seconded.

Is niece still under 18? You and sister might want to work up a little contract so that if there is an emergency you can make a medical decision for niece. It wouldn't be a bad idea to lay out the ground rules with niece in writing, so she can't say she didn't remember that - or thought you'd be okay with it. Best of luck, you are a great aunt!

My laptop is in pieces all over the dinning table. New fan can't get here fast enough, but while it's completely apart do I want to replace: The touchpad that's never worked, the DVD that died months ago, The remote I lost, The battery that's going, put in a second hard drive since it has the bay for one? Or do I just want to save my money and buy a new laptop in a couple months?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:My laptop is in pieces all over the dinning table. New fan can't get here fast enough, but while it's completely apart do I want to replace: The touchpad that's never worked, the DVD that died months ago, The remote I lost, The battery that's going, put in a second hard drive since it has the bay for one? Or do I just want to save my money and buy a new laptop in a couple months?



i vote for new laptop. idk how old your current one is, but with so many things wrong it sounds like it mite be really old ... ?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Seconded.

Is niece still under 18? You and sister might want to work up a little contract so that if there is an emergency you can make a medical decision for niece. It wouldn't be a bad idea to lay out the ground rules with niece in writing, so she can't say she didn't remember that - or thought you'd be okay with it. Best of luck, you are a great aunt!

My laptop is in pieces all over the dinning table. New fan can't get here fast enough, but while it's completely apart do I want to replace: The touchpad that's never worked, the DVD that died months ago, The remote I lost, The battery that's going, put in a second hard drive since it has the bay for one? Or do I just want to save my money and buy a new laptop in a couple months?



I'd go for a new one.

Have you seen any snowy owls?

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Have you seen any snowy owls?



oh geez, does ebw have obscure security pass phrases now? uh ... "the bunny barks at midnite."

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I'd go for a new one.

Have you seen any snowy owls?



I'm getting the new one, which is an all in one desktop thing, I won at some point. My laptop is a woot referb I bought from LittleMissRachel 2 years ago, after she'd had it for about 7 months or so. I think I might just replace the fan and limp it through another 6 months... dunno. Had to take it completely apart to get the fan out. For the record, the touchpad never did work, it has a dead spot in the middle.

I have seen snowy owls, mostly ones that have been rehabilitated. I did get to see Spotted Owls in the wild while I was in California for a Wildlife Society convention when I was in college. Why?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I'm getting the new one, which is an all in one desktop thing, I won at some point. My laptop is a woot referb I bought from LittleMissRachel 2 years ago, after she'd had it for about 7 months or so. I think I might just replace the fan and limp it through another 6 months... dunno. Had to take it completely apart to get the fan out. For the record, the touchpad never did work, it has a dead spot in the middle.

I have seen snowy owls, mostly ones that have been rehabilitated. I did get to see Spotted Owls in the wild while I was in California for a Wildlife Society convention when I was in college. Why?



It's been all over the news about how there's record numbers of them right now in the Lower 48. The map I saw, all of Idaho has them. Even as far south as Oklahoma. Look at the front page of MSNBC.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:Drama filled night last night.

In a nutshell, picked up niece from her mom's at 11:30 pm after another blowout. She is here until this weekend when we will all sit down to talk - with me there to prevent them from losing control and just yelling.

most likely niece is moving in with me until after graduation (at least)

I think that is what sister wants but won't admit it. Niece is just done with all of the drama. don't blame her, and in a little way don't blame sister.

niece has another thing coming if she thinks she can walk over me and there will be no rules, etc.

sorry for the rant. There is a lot more to the story - but it boils down to I would rather just have her move in here than keep trying to help them hold it together and prevent niece from screwing up the last 4 months of high school.

//end rant//



I'm sorry you had a bad night, I hope it all works out.Teenage drama is the worst I think. I hope neice appreciates what a great auntie she has.
I have seemed to become the moderator around here when there is drama. I hate drama and I hate playing peacekeeper even more. I have enough trouble keeping my sh !t in order nevermind everyone elses.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:It's been all over the news about how there's record numbers of them right now in the Lower 48. The map I saw, all of Idaho has them. Even as far south as Oklahoma. Look at the front page of MSNBC.



We're in the rolling hills here, not a ton of snowy owl habitat. I love them. They are a remarkable bird. Probably pretty prevalent North and South of here, much more forest owl habitat. We have some gorgeous hawks in the area though, Redtails and Swainsons.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:We're in the rolling hills here, not a ton of snowy owl habitat. I love them. They are a remarkable bird. Probably pretty prevalent North and South of here, much more forest owl habitat. We have some gorgeous hawks in the area though, Redtails and Swainsons.



All the pictures I saw, looked like meadows. We have a redtail here, seems to be his (her?) territory. He likes to sit in a tree about 50 feet away from our dining room window. Probably because of all the bird feeders. "If I sit very still, they won't notice me."

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:oh geez, does ebw have obscure security pass phrases now? uh ... "the bunny barks at midnite."



Silly, it's "the celery stalks at midnight."

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Kid: I have another Senior that I would love to ship off to you. PM your addy and I'll buy two bus tickets. She will come with a boy friend that will eat everything in sight and never go home!

Poof: We have hawks along the highway. They are magnificent. They sit on a tree branch and wait for something tasty to show up. My Mom said her job as a little girl was to scare the hawks away from the baby chicks. I would be afraid the hawks would take the little girl and leave the chicks!

KtC: I love to take stuff apart. I thought we would get to replace Hubby's desktop's fan but it was happy once he vacuumed it out.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

morning sunshines!

receive note that I should expect 4+ lbs of missing crap on saturday. just hoping I will not have to bury my head in the crappy box to find it..