KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Lynnzoi wrote:indeed....and when it's really cold, I throw on a few extra cats!

I prefer logs, they smell nicer as they burn.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:kewl!!! I love throwing cats, too!!!

*ahem*

no cat throwing please

they are like boomerangs, and they WILL come back to get you! =^..^=

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
KtCallista wrote:I don't think people feel chatty anymore. Mostly they just like looking at the walls... or something

So many places to hang out in and be cool these day.

Woot's star is fading.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi

KtCallista wrote:I prefer logs, they smell nicer as they burn.

how about cat logs?

they REALLY stink when they burn

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:*ahem*

no cat throwing please

they are like boomerangs, and they WILL come back to get you! =^..^=

Perhaps; they certainly don't bounce well!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I don't think people feel chatty anymore. Mostly they just like looking at the walls... or something

my schtick is poorly-done heckles from the peanut gallery, which seem fairly out of place when the recent threads of conversation have all been about bad news or other grumping.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Perhaps; they certainly don't bounce well!!

if'n they lands on their feet they does! gives 'em that power-pounce!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:So many places to hang out in and be cool these day.

Woot's star is fading.

Maybe, personally I'm pulling away from most social anything, people are annoying.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:if'n they lands on their feet they does! gives 'em that power-pounce!

Not if they're in sacks!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Not if they're in sacks!

that seems much safer than swinging them by their tail!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Not if they're in sacks!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:that seems much safer than swinging them by their tail!

Minimizes scratching, too!

AZGman

Well; bedtime for this Bonzo.

g'night.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Well; bedtime for this Bonzo.

g'night.

gnite AZ!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening all

Lynnie - hope everything goes well with your epidural!!! sending good thoughts your way

Poof - the cake looks awesome!

KtC - posted a response that basically said I need a little more info. Houston is a big, spread out city.

Edit: Zea and I both live in towns outside of Houston. Zea is close to Galveston, but not actually on the island as far as I know. I'm more northeast.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:Evening all

Lynnie - hope everything goes well with your epidural!!! sending good thoughts your way

Poof - the cake looks awesome!

KtC - posted a response that basically said I need a little more info. Houston is a big, spread out city.

I replied with what he posted on Facebook.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Well; bedtime for this Bonzo.

g'night.

goodnight Gman

Lynnzoi

kdccrosby wrote:Evening all

thnx

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I replied with what he posted on Facebook.

answered - with probably info that may confuse.

I don't know any landlords or specifics like that. It's a big city. Hopefully my info may help

kdccrosby

Lynnzoi wrote:thnx

My new addition has settled in well, but the cat is still not a happy camper. She will sit in the dog's way and trap the dog in a room. LOL

question though. When the dog was just visiting, after escaping from her original yard, she was very friendly with all people and animals.

Now, 3 weeks later living with me, she is now aggressive barking at other animals and people when we are out walking. (she's on the leash) Another dog who wasn't on the leash came up and Xena almost attacked her and went kind of nuts. She also barks like crazy at other people.

My cat also hates other animals but likes people.

so.... Do I secretly hate other people and animals and my pets reflect that?

not really - but I am wondering if schnauzers are known to be protective?

Lynnzoi

kdccrosby wrote:My new addition has settled in well, but the cat is still not a happy camper. She will sit in the dog's way and trap the dog in a room. LOL

question though. When the dog was just visiting, after escaping from her original yard, she was very friendly with all people and animals.

Now, 3 weeks later living with me, she is now aggressive barking at other animals and people when we are out walking. (she's on the leash) Another dog who wasn't on the leash came up and Xena almost attacked her and went kind of nuts. She also barks like crazy at other people.

they can be....I think Xena is settling in and becoming a pack member, so you are going to see some changes as she decides you are worthy of her protection. Plus being on a leash changes the whole dynamic. Some dogs are great off-leash, but clip one on that collar and they turn into little brats. Some of that stems from what we telegraph down the leash to them (intentionally and unintentionally). Work on some basic obedience, and do some pre-emptive exercises when you see a barking opportunity arising. Distract her by making her work - a simple sit, or a 'watch me', and keep her focused on you (and have some good treats ready!). If she does start to bark before you can get her attention, do a 180, and then try to get her attention back on you. Dunno if you do this, but the LAST thing we wanna do is to tell the dog 'it's ok'..in our mind we are telling them it's ok, that dog/person/scary thing isn't gonna get you, but to the dog we are saying 'it's ok to continue being a brat'. So we distract them out, get them to focus on something else....asking them to do something makes their brain cells focus on you.

ok, so this is long and prolly shoulda been a pm......sorry folks-who-are-bored-by-dog-behavior!

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:My new addition has settled in well, but the cat is still not a happy camper. She will sit in the dog's way and trap the dog in a room. LOL

My cousin had a schnauzer and it was protective. We could play with it most of the time, but sometimes it was just cranky and did not want anything to do with us.

Best of luck, she's been through a lot so I guess you need to help her remember that people and other animals are friends.

Thanks for all the info. I understand it's a big area, and I know it doesn't help at all that I have no concept of the geography of the area. I'm hoping my friend can understand it, he's at least been down there before.

KtCallista

I haven't had a dog in so long, when I finally do get one I'll be all "new mom" again. what fun.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
KtCallista wrote:I haven't had a dog in so long, when I finally do get one I'll be all "new mom" again. what fun.

Well, I've had a dog my whole life, so not having one takes some adjusting too. For example, hen I drop food on the floor I have to pick it up.

Still single, can't imagine why.

KtCallista

. apparently I can't tell the difference between edit and reply....

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Well, I've had a dog my whole life, so not having one takes some adjusting too. For example, hen I drop food on the floor I have to pick it up.

I had a dog my whole life, until I moved to college, and we had cats in the house (dogs lived outside). Now I'm mildly allergic to cats (doesn't stop me from petting or playing with every one I see) and haven't had a dog in, we'll just call it "a while." Someday, that will all change. Orc has NEVER had a dog, and that is just wrong!

kdccrosby

Lynnzoi wrote:they can be....I think Xena is settling in and becoming a pack member, so you are going to see some changes as she decides you are worthy of her protection. Plus being on a leash changes the whole dynamic. Some dogs are great off-leash, but clip one on that collar and they turn into little brats. Some of that stems from what we telegraph down the leash to them (intentionally and unintentionally). Work on some basic obedience, and do some pre-emptive exercises when you see a barking opportunity arising. Distract her by making her work - a simple sit, or a 'watch me', and keep her focused on you (and have some good treats ready!). If she does start to bark before you can get her attention, do a 180, and then try to get her attention back on you. Dunno if you do this, but the LAST thing we wanna do is to tell the dog 'it's ok'..in our mind we are telling them it's ok, that dog/person/scary thing isn't gonna get you, but to the dog we are saying 'it's ok to continue being a brat'. So we distract them out, get them to focus on something else....asking them to do something makes their brain cells focus on you.

ok, so this is long and prolly shoulda been a pm......sorry folks-who-are-bored-by-dog-behavior!

Thanks Lynn! She is really well behaved on the leash. I'll work on distracting and being firm when a barking "opportunity" comes up.

She's a really good dog, and minds pretty well. Especially as I've only had her for 3 weeks.

kdccrosby

FenStar wrote:Well, I've had a dog my whole life, so not having one takes some adjusting too. For example, hen I drop food on the floor I have to pick it up.

HA! I had that issue after my other dog passed away. I had her for 15 years. I found myself calling for her to 'clean' up what I dropped.

Lynnzoi

kdccrosby wrote:Thanks Lynn! She is really well behaved on the leash. I'll work on distracting and being firm when a barking "opportunity" comes up.

She's a really good dog, and minds pretty well. Especially as I've only had her for 3 weeks.

anytime

and firm only in your determination - don't want to discipline her for barking, just make her focus on doing something else - keeps those lil neurons occupied!

Lynnzoi

well, cone-head the barbarian has decided that a late supper is just not fashionable in his world....so I must obey before I get more bruises from being rammed with that damn e-collar!

ttfn!

kdccrosby

Lynnzoi wrote:well, cone-head the barbarian has decided that a late supper is just not fashionable in his world....so I must obey before I get more bruises from being rammed with that damn e-collar!

ttfn!

Heh. good luck!

Check in after your epidural and let us know how you are doing

KtCallista

Lynnzoi wrote:well, cone-head the barbarian has decided that a late supper is just not fashionable in his world....so I must obey before I get more bruises from being rammed with that damn e-collar!

ttfn!

Sounds like he's healing right up! Have a good dinner!

kdccrosby

I need to go get on the treadmill. I really really really don't wanna

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I need to go get on the treadmill. I really really really don't wanna

You need to make a treadmill desk, then you can talk to us while you are walking

from EPBOT

btw I really wish I had space for this!

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:You need to make a treadmill desk, then you can talk to us while you are walking

btw I really wish I had space for this!

That is pretty awesome! However, as I am not very coordinated, it would be dangerous for me!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good luck Lynn! Yeah Red Dog!

Can't wait for baby pictures.

Poof can I have some?

Good night y'all, the big dog is snoring so it must be bed time.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Good luck Lynn! Yeah Red Dog!

Can't wait for baby pictures.

Poof can I have some?

Good night y'all, the big dog is snoring so it must be bed time.

Goodnight joyner!

KtCallista

If you all wouldn't mind. My 69 year old aunt is having an emergency appendectomy right now. Some prayers, good thoughts are much appreciated.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I'm in Toronto, saw the most beautiful baby there ever was 7 pounds and some ounces born at 2:35 this morning Eva Christine
There were some complications but all are doing fine.
Going to help the s-i-l install the baby seat early tomorrow so they can bring her home.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I'm in Toronto, saw the most beautiful baby there ever was 7 pounds and some ounces born at 2:35 this morning Eva Christine
There were some complications but all are doing fine.

CONGRATS GRANDPA!!!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.