Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Snow stopped, then started again. But it's little flakes now, before it was huge puffballs.

Should go get the mail.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Yep

Any reason why you are perhaps dying tomorrow? Because I will track you down and make your eternity miserable if you do.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Yep

Any reason why you are perhaps dying tomorrow?

terminal grumpiness. treatable with puppies and sunshine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:terminal grumpiness. treatable with puppies and sunshine.

Puppies turn into dogs and it rains.

No poop yet today.
What is he waiting for?
It is raining, not hard, that starts when the walk is at it's furthest point from the house.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Puppies turn into dogs and it rains.

he doesn't have to keep the dogs and it doesn't have to rain forever.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:he doesn't have to keep the dogs and it doesn't have to rain forever.

Well then they would need to foster puppies, because they all turn into dogs otherwise.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Well then they would need to foster puppies, because they all turn into dogs otherwise.

why do they need to do anything other than borrow some puppies for a couple of hours?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:why do they need to do anything other than borrow some puppies for a couple of hours?

You have a rent a puppy near you? I know for awhile guys were doing that to meet women.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:You have a rent a puppy near you? I know for awhile guys were doing that to meet women.

i'm not the one who needs the puppy!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:i'm not the one who needs the puppy!

Why not? Don't you like puppies?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Why not? Don't you like puppies?

no1 hates puppies!
Kill no1!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
no1 wrote:why do they need to do anything other than borrow some puppies for a couple of hours?

I would love to borrow agingdragqueen's dog for a few hours.

Just putting this there.

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
no1 wrote:i'm not the one who needs the puppy!

why u h8 puppies?

I'm just hanging out, really.

AZGman

All very interesting.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:All very interesting.

What?

Posts totally going off track and misread?

Nothing new about that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:I would love to borrow agingdragqueen's dog for a few hours.

Just putting this there.

Start a bring your dog to work petition.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Start a bring your dog to work petition.

If I'm not mistaken, ADQ does.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1

pooflady wrote:Why not? Don't you like puppies?

i do. i have been assured by a very knowing ukanadian of my acquaintance in gaithersburg, that a young healthy puppy well nursed is at a month old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and i make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:What?

Posts totally going off track and misread?

Nothing new about that.

Didn't say it was new; said it was interesting.

AZGman

no1 wrote:i do. i have been assured by a very knowing ukanadian of my acquaintance in gaithersburg, that a young healthy puppy well nursed is at a month old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and i make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout.

Especially with Frank's RedHot!!

no1

AZGman wrote:Especially with Frank's RedHot!!

hot dog!

AZGman

no1 wrote:hot dog!

savory!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

oh dear.....last night was cat abuse, tonight is puppy pot roast

just swingin in to say that I survived the needle in the spine....now to see if it achieves the desired effect.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:oh dear.....last night was cat abuse, tonight is puppy pot roast

just swingin in to say that I survived the needle in the spine....now to see if it achieves the desired effect.

how long?

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:how long?

2-7 days, but I am hoping for faster results! (now, dammit - now!)

gotta say I just took a nap and rolling over wasn't as painful as it has been. No screaming pain from my butt into my thigh down to my knee....just a dull roar lol!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:2-7 days, but I am hoping for faster results! (now, dammit - now!)

gotta say I just took a nap and rolling over wasn't as painful as it has been. No screaming pain from my butt into my thigh down to my knee....just a dull roar lol!

good deal . . . I guess.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:good deal . . . I guess.

Better than no change. Or worse.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:good deal . . . I guess.

well, I think it is

gotta say the doc did a great job today - they offer sedation if you want it but I opted out....I really didn't feel much of anything. They use fluoroscopy to position the spinal needle...if I ever have to have it again I might watch the monitor!

Lynnzoi

oh my Just read in the Pittsburgh paper about the death of a 3-day old baby - was apparently bitten by at least one of four family dogs - had been left in a baby carrier on the floor while the mother went to the bathroom. She was gone for 10 minutes, supposedly. She came back to find blood all over the one dog (a husky) and the baby had horrific head wounds and died at the hospital.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:oh my Just read in the Pittsburgh paper about the death of a 3-day old baby - was apparently bitten by at least one of four family dogs - had been left in a baby carrier on the floor while the mother went to the bathroom. She was gone for 10 minutes, supposedly. She came back to find blood all over the one dog (a husky) and the baby had horrific head wounds and died at the hospital.

But we can't eat dogs?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:oh my Just read in the Pittsburgh paper about the death of a 3-day old baby - was apparently bitten by at least one of four family dogs - had been left in a baby carrier on the floor while the mother went to the bathroom. She was gone for 10 minutes, supposedly. She came back to find blood all over the one dog (a husky) and the baby had horrific head wounds and died at the hospital.

I don't remember leaving a tiny baby alone, even without a bunch of dogs.

Not good. Baby couldn't be a threat to the dogs. Too young.
The dogs should have been able to smell baby.

Yes, I do believe there are bad dogs, just like bad people.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:But we can't eat dogs?

you can eat what you want

what on earth was this woman thinking....I know my dogs wouldn't do anything like that but I would never even think about leaving a newborn unattended with them, in a carrier on the floor.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:you can eat what you want

what on earth was this woman thinking....I know my dogs wouldn't do anything like that but I would never even think about leaving a newborn unattended with them, in a carrier on the floor.

Yeah, the cats would get it first!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:I don't remember leaving a tiny baby alone, even without a bunch of dogs.

Not good. Baby couldn't be a threat to the dogs. Too young.
The dogs should have been able to smell baby.

Yes, I do believe there are bad dogs, just like bad people.

I know...I'm not a parent but one thing my parents gave me was common sense.

As for the dogs, with 4 of them, who knows what pack instinct took over. Could have been a possession issue, or maybe the infant squeaked/cried and sounded like prey....who knows. The report said they took 2 of the dogs out of the house, a husky and a pit bull...but it was the husky with blood on it's mouth. And that doesn't surprise me a bit. A lot of huskies are wired differently.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Yeah, the cats would get it first!

I would be more concerned about the reddog using that big ol' paw of his, trying to check things out. The cats wouldn't care. They'd sniff, Vicki might try to give it a bath...but other than that they wouldn't care.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:I would be more concerned about the reddog using that big ol' paw of his, trying to check things out. The cats wouldn't care. They'd sniff, Vicki might try to give it a bath...but other than that they wouldn't care.

You need to revisit Lady and the Tramp!!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Lynn - glad you did not have a hard time with the epidural. All fingers and toes crossed that you will be feeling great in a couple of days (maybe even tomorrow!) Horrible story about the dogs and the baby - I so agree with everyone who has said the Mom used no common sense. Wonder if it was a teenager? Or, then again, I have heard that when you have a LOT of kids, you don't worry so much or sweat the small stuff. In this case, it certainly was not small stuff to do something that stupid.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:You need to revisit Lady and the Tramp!!!

gotta say, I don't recall much of it. I am not a huge Disney fan, esp. of their animal movies.

My very first cats had never been around kids, but my big Boris (who was 12) crawled right up next to my godson the first time they brought him here and became his protector. And as the kiddo grew and became mobile he would lay on top the cat and maul him and Boris loved every minute of it.

Lynnzoi

klozitshoper wrote:Lynn - glad you did not have a hard time with the epidural. All fingers and toes crossed that you will be feeling great in a couple of days (maybe even tomorrow!) Horrible story about the dogs and the baby - I so agree with everyone who has said the Mom used no common sense. Wonder if it was a teenager? Or, then again, I have heard that when you have a LOT of kids, you don't worry so much or sweat the small stuff. In this case, it certainly was not small stuff to do something that stupid.

thanks Am the optimist here - hoping for a quick response!

article didn't say how old the mother was. but yes, not a smart move.