no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Lynnzoi wrote:thanks Am the optimist here - hoping for a quick response!

article didn't say how old the mother was. but yes, not a smart move.



"McKeesport Police Chief Bryan Washowich said the mother, 21, who has not been identified, was in another room and heard the baby screaming . . . The mother also has children ages 6 and 3."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_781940.html

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
no1 wrote:"McKeesport Police Chief Bryan Washowich said the mother, 21, who has not been identified, was in another room and heard the baby screaming . . . The mother also has children ages 6 and 3."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_781940.html



thnx....I didn't look any further than the Post-Gazette

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

ok, off to feed the furries

(ooooohhh...is that comment in poor taste relative to the latest discussion??)

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:ok, off to feed the furries

(ooooohhh...is that comment in poor taste relative to the latest discussion??)



only if yer feedin' them Kiddies and Bits!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

huh. here's one in canada, also a husky. this isn't the same story, is it?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1132531--dog-kills-newborn-baby-in-near-calgary-rcmp

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Well . . . g'night, then.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:gotta say, I don't recall much of it. I am not a huge Disney fan, esp. of their animal movies.

My very first cats had never been around kids, but my big Boris (who was 12) crawled right up next to my godson the first time they brought him here and became his protector. And as the kiddo grew and became mobile he would lay on top the cat and maul him and Boris loved every minute of it.



Next door neighbors shared a backyard and driveway with the next house.
Shared house's daughter moved back home with hubby and kids.
Everyone was thinking....Shep the german shepard in the same yard is so nasty when he is tied up. (no place to put a gate across the driveway) What is going to happen when the kids are playing in the yard?
Well, Shep decided the kids were his. When the mom wanted them to come inside, they would just go next to the dog and the mom couldn't get them!


This was back in the days you would open the door and let young kids out in the yard by themselves.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:This was back in the days you would open the door and let young kids out in the yard by themselves.



1950?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:"McKeesport Police Chief Bryan Washowich said the mother, 21, who has not been identified, was in another room and heard the baby screaming . . . The mother also has children ages 6 and 3."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_781940.html



How the heck do you find everything?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:1950?



Early 70's

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:only if yer feedin' them Kiddies and Bits!!!



hah!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:huh. here's one in canada, also a husky. this isn't the same story, is it?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1132531--dog-kills-newborn-baby-in-near-calgary-rcmp



That looks more like it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:How the heck do you find everything?



i don't find anything, google does it for me.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
no1 wrote:huh. here's one in canada, also a husky. this isn't the same story, is it?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1132531--dog-kills-newborn-baby-in-near-calgary-rcmp



nope - diff story

I'm tellin ya - gimme a Pittie over a Husky any day! a friend was just asking me about dogs - her daughter either wants a Shiba Inu, a Malamute, or a Husky. Wants to be sure it will be ok with her older cat. Told her I would be very cautious about any of them (I really don't like Shiba Inus - lil Shitty Inus) And Mals and huskies can be strong-willed - can be great dogs, but they will push your limits whenever they can!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

That is why I have mostly had mutts. Last dog was a Australian shepperd mix, most likely half coyote. Sweetest dog I have met. Though the Old Man was a pointer, once he hit 3 he figured out kids were little and he was shockingly gentle and tolerant.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I had great dogs. You should also NEVER leave a newborn in a carrier, especially unattended, the angle is too steep and they don't get enough oxygen. Take them out and lay them down or hold them, they go back to sleep really easy when they are still little (they just don't stay asleep that long.)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Lynnzoi wrote:nope - diff story

I'm tellin ya - gimme a Pittie over a Husky any day! a friend was just asking me about dogs - her daughter either wants a Shiba Inu, a Malamute, or a Husky. Wants to be sure it will be ok with her older cat. Told her I would be very cautious about any of them (I really don't like Shiba Inus - lil Shitty Inus) And Mals and huskies can be strong-willed - can be great dogs, but they will push your limits whenever they can!



We had a Samoyed who was great with cats. The slept next to him, on him, all over him. He would just lay there until they woke up and moved

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

We had a German shep/husky/wolf that was the best dog EVER! He was about two when I was born and we would pull out his ever shedding fur, throw towels on his back and ride on him, be general kids, and as soon as he had enough he'd get up and slowly walk away. His mate the brittany/samoyed, she would snap at us. He never ever did.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

There was an article on the news tonight about when and how you should decide to take your parents' car keys away from them. I have a question. How do they have that right? If my kids came in and, even after discussion, took my car keys, could I have them arrested for theft? If I thought I was still okay to drive, how could they decide I wasn't? This is, of course, barring accidents or driving on the sidewalk.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:There was an article on the news tonight about when and how you should decide to take your parents' car keys away from them. I have a question. How do they have that right? If my kids came in and, even after discussion, took my car keys, could I have them arrested for theft? If I thought I was still okay to drive, how could they decide I wasn't? This is, of course, barring accidents or driving on the sidewalk.



We took the battery out of my Papa's truck (at his wife's instruction). He had Alzheimer though. He was happy just to have the keys to jingle and to know it was in the driveway thankfully. My Grandad, I'm not sure how they got him to stop driving, I have a feeling his second wife had something to do with it. That woman was a huge blessing to the family. Grandad was something else, and near enough to lethal with a car.

Taking my own dad's keys away, boy that will be a tough one. I hope he goes blind or something before that happens....

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Volunteers lined up, I think. Meeting of doom over, with it only being half a train wreck. I think I can breathe now.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Volunteers lined up, I think. Meeting of doom over, with it only being half a train wreck. I think I can breathe now.



well that's good news. breathing is nice

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:well that's good news. breathing is nice



I think so. I'm a bit miffed that our favorite photographer is no longer at the Sears studio we always drive to. They are also pretty busy this weekend, so Orc is going to look for a local replacement. I'm thinking the guy who does the class photos for the preschool. He's gotten so much better in the last few years (used to be a bit of a drama king) or the guy who does the Santa photos. Both are good with my kids.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:I think so. I'm a bit miffed that our favorite photographer is no longer at the Sears studio we always drive to. They are also pretty busy this weekend, so Orc is going to look for a local replacement. I'm thinking the guy who does the class photos for the preschool. He's gotten so much better in the last few years (used to be a bit of a drama king) or the guy who does the Santa photos. Both are good with my kids.



good luck! Seems there are a large # of people I know that have turned toward to photography in the past few years. We have several local photographers who take amazing photos

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

night all

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

D'name check your email I believe there is somethng in there

Lots of baby ogling time today. Daughter and grandaughter safe and sound @ home. Ex will be up here for the rest of my stay so not much Eva time for me.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:D'name check your email I believe there is somethng in there

Lots of baby ogling time today. Daughter and grandaughter safe and sound @ home. Ex will be up here for the rest of my stay so not much Eva time for me.



But how wonderful that you got to be there for the first couple of days! How long are you staying?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:D'name check your email I believe there is somethng in there

Lots of baby ogling time today. Daughter and grandaughter safe and sound @ home. Ex will be up here for the rest of my stay so not much Eva time for me.



Yay for grandpa-baby bonding time!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Raining


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Dr. J
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynnie
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning klozitshope
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdcrosby
Good Morning Jcubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Raining wrote:
Good Morning to everyone else




And a wonderful TGIF to you Rain

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Celebrated daughter2's 18th birthday yesterday. We are cleaning up a rental that was trashed when we threw the renters out for nonpayment. There were rumers of drugs so I think we will get the drug dog to snif around before the new renters move in. If we can get the carpet replaced in the master bd they want to move in by the 1st. Oh and my washing machine died. Lots to do. Have a great day!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:But how wonderful that you got to be there for the first couple of days! How long are you staying?



I fly out early Sunday morning

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Good mid-morning to the PWA denizens.

move along

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everybody. Picked up a couple of the granddaughters and took them to Perkins for breakfast this morning. Fun.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:D'name check your email I believe there is somethng in there

Lots of baby ogling time today. Daughter and grandaughter safe and sound @ home. Ex will be up here for the rest of my stay so not much Eva time for me.



You needed twins.

I'll go look!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Good afternoon everybody. Caught up with mail and bill paying this morning. Saw in this morning's paper that six new breeds of dogs were introduced at Westminster show this year: American English Coonhound, Entlebucher Mountain Dog (for serious owners becuase it needs much socialization & will remain active all its life), Finnish Lapphund, Norwegian Lundehund (six toes on each foot), Xoloitzculntil (mexican hairless), and Cesky Terrier. I think I will stick with dachshunds and my present evil little shih tzu!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon.

later.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.