AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Mavyn wrote:Have you been kidnapped and that is 'good morning' through the tape over your mouth?

She's irritable cuz she had to get up early to wait for the appliance guy to arrive.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
AZGman wrote:She's irritable cuz she had to get up early to wait for the appliance guy to arrive.

Oh, right. That's much less worrisome.

Poof--have some coffee! :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

New thermostat, new latch (which was a little melted which does not sound good at all) and $440 later....He could have just disengaged the latch but it would mean manually cleaning the oven. Been there, done that, not going to do it again. He won't have the latch until Friday so I can't use the oven until then. Shucky darn.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:New thermostat, new latch (which was a little melted which does not sound good at all) and $440 later....He could have just disengaged the latch but it would mean manually cleaning the oven. Been there, done that, not going to do it again. He won't have the latch until Friday so I can't use the oven until then. Shucky darn.

Oh; the anguish!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Why don't you want to install it on your computer?

can't on my work computer. not allowed

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Oh; the anguish!!

Poof's gonna be eatin out this week!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
kdccrosby wrote:Poof's gonna be eatin out this week!

Sounds like a good excuse for a few nights of no cooking, but considering Poof's cooking talents and recipe collection I bet she has a lot of stove top dinners she can easily make.

And speaking of food...Carrabba's has a new secret menu they emailed to amica club members. I'm disappointed, the dishes don't sound very appetizing to me. Thought they'd be more creative with the secret menu items.

Oh and Good morning!

pooflady

lplady wrote:Sounds like a good excuse for a few nights of no cooking, but considering Poof's cooking talents and recipe collection I bet she has a lot of stove top dinners she can easily make.

And speaking of food...Carrabba's has a new secret menu they emailed to amica club members. I'm disappointed, the dishes don't sound very appetizing to me. Thought they'd be more creative with the secret menu items.

Oh and Good morning!

Just the freduccini and that sounds great.

lplady

pooflady wrote:Just the freduccini and that sounds great.

That dish isn't for me because I'm not a fan of their chicken marsala. I'll stick with the Polla Rosa Maria. Maybe the next round will tickle my fancy. Hopefully they'll add some new yummy dessert next time.

Now I'm hungry. lol

Edit: BTW: If anyone has a JB Dawsons opening by them I have to say that every meal we've had there has been really good.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Just the freduccini and that sounds great.

Freduccini??

Flintstone pasta (with Pebble-oni in a Wilma-rinara sauce)??

lplady

AZGman wrote:Freduccini??

Flintstone pasta (with Pebble-oni in a Wilma-rinara sauce)??

Now we know the secret to Poof's great spelling...sleep.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You guys are so lucky. I typed a huge post about my stove and it didn't post. Now it is gone.

So you don't have to read all about my stove.

It is interview day for son.

Morning interview got him a full time offer at Panera. They have a top salary and it isn't that high. Lower than the summer town job.
They are willing to work around the second job, if he gets it. (The manager in CT that liked him the most got the reference call and told them he was a rock star.)

This Panera is the busiest location in the chain, so most likely the worst one to work at. Maybe he can transfer to a better one eventually.

This afternoon he will go interview for a teller job at hubbies bank. Part time, an 45 minute drive, but more $ (the same as the town job to start)
If they take him and he likes it, when an opening opens up closer to home, he can transfer. If he can eventually get full time, there are benefits and possibility to advance.

Somehow the volunteer at a hospital to check out jobs there and go back to school is no longer in the mix.

So, you missed the stove post and ended up with a son post.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote: post about son

so... both the son and the stove are broke?

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Good morning/afternoon wooters!

KtCallista wrote:The woot email and the gravatar email have to match while woot syncs the image.

email matching -- again, why I take take the convoluted route when dealing with gravatar. sometimes I may want to post a one-off comment on a website but need to authenticate the comment via email, and I'd prefer to not have my woot avatar used anywhere outside woot.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:You guys are so lucky. I typed a huge post about my stove and it didn't post. Now it is gone.

So you don't have to read all about my stove.

It is interview day for son.

Morning interview got him a full time offer at Panera. They have a top salary and it isn't that high. Lower than the summer town job.
They are willing to work around the second job, if he gets it. (The manager in CT that liked him the most got the reference call and told them he was a rock star.)

This Panera is the busiest location in the chain, so most likely the worst one to work at. Maybe he can transfer to a better one eventually.

This afternoon he will go interview for a teller job at hubbies bank. Part time, an 45 minute drive, but more $ (the same as the town job to start)
If they take him and he likes it, when an opening opens up closer to home, he can transfer. If he can eventually get full time, there are benefits and possibility to advance.

Somehow the volunteer at a hospital to check out jobs there and go back to school is no longer in the mix.

So, you missed the stove post and ended up with a son post.

and hesitant scalpel marks on my wrists

pooflady

Can somebody tell me what's going on with shirt.woot? I haven't been paying attention, just know that people on Deals seem to be upset.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Can somebody tell me what's going on with shirt.woot? I haven't been paying attention, just know that people on Deals seem to be upset.

changing shirt suppliers from aa, who makes them in the u.s., to anvil, who makes them in honduras.

Mavyn

no1 wrote:changing shirt suppliers from aa, who makes them in the u.s., to anvil, who makes them in honduras.

I think there should be more exclamation marks, perhaps some bold italics. Red text, perhaps?

Completely failing to capture the depth of tragedy!

AZGman

no1 wrote:changing shirt suppliers from aa, who makes them in the u.s., to anvil, who makes them in honduras.

Does this mean less expensive shirt prices or just more cheaply made shirts using sweat shop laborers, exploitation of child labor, and lost American jobs, etc.

. . . ad nauseum.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:I think there should be more exclamation marks, perhaps some bold italics. Red text, perhaps?

Probably used them all up already.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Probably used them all up already.

All that's left is fire and brimstone!

no1

AZGman wrote:Does this mean less expensive shirt prices or just more cheaply made shirts using sweat shop laborers, exploitation of child labor, and lost American jobs, etc.

. . . ad nauseum.

some of the uproar seems to be anticipation of all of the latter, on top of a recent price increase at the shirt.woot level.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:All that's left is fire and brimstone!

I'm ready!

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

inkycatz wrote:
I'm ready!

LOL - just saw a fire extinguisher on Deals which reminded me to check mine, which is two years out of date.

Trying to decide which one to buy, they all have people that like and hate them.

no1

pooflady wrote:LOL - just saw a fire extinguisher on Deals which reminded me to check mine, which is two years out of date.

Trying to decide which one to buy, they all have people that like and hate them.

mabe stay away from the used ones ... ?

pooflady

no1 wrote:mabe stay away from the used ones ... ?

Note to self, stay away from the used ones.

That makes sense no matter what the subject matter.

no1

pooflady wrote:Note to self, stay away from the used ones.

That makes sense no matter what the subject matter.

don't take away my pubbic liberry!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

//checks clock

Yep

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Note to Poof: Self cleaning == self destruction.
Your stove (likely Kitchenaid or Whirlpool?) would not have worked even if the latch had been released, as the thermistor controls...THE WORLD!!(it's a safety device) When the tech installs a new one, he had better make damn sure it is better insulated than the previous one, or you will have the same problem next time you self-clean.

re: Shirt.woot....meh.

move along

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote://checks clock

Yep

screw it; see ya around.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:screw it; see ya around.

OK

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

j5 wrote:Note to Poof: Self cleaning == self destruction.
Your stove (likely Kitchenaid or Whirlpool?) would not have worked even if the latch had been released, as the thermistor controls...THE WORLD!!(it's a safety device) When the tech installs a new one, he had better make damn sure it is better insulated than the previous one, or you will have the same problem next time you self-clean.

re: Shirt.woot....meh.

So...as soon as he leaves, I set it to clean and see if it works?
Edit: Yeah, Kitchenaid. How do you know this or, better yet, do you know a better brand, just in case?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
pooflady wrote:So...as soon as he leaves, I set it to clean and see if it works?
Edit: Yeah, Kitchenaid. How do you know this or, better yet, do you know a better brand, just in case?

If you do that, I hope he provided a warranty for his work. Kitchenaides are notorious for blowing thermistors on self-clean, especially the in-wall units.

move along

AZGman

no1 wrote:some of the uproar seems to be anticipation of all of the latter, on top of a recent price increase at the shirt.woot level.

sounds like an amazon.woot decision.

AZGman

j5 wrote:If you do that, I hope he provided a warranty for his work. Kitchenaides are notorious for blowing thermistors on self-clean, especially the in-wall units.

Now I'm scared to use mine (GE Profile)!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

One shirt comment that might be relavent (from G+) is that the new company tends to run shorter, so if you are long torso'd you may be out of luck. Since the AA shirts were barely long enough here, especially for my kids that will probably affect us. Oh well, I've been meaning to check out other shirt sites more. Cafepress is out for the same reason, too short.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:Good morning/afternoon wooters!

email matching -- again, why I take take the convoluted route when dealing with gravatar. sometimes I may want to post a one-off comment on a website but need to authenticate the comment via email, and I'd prefer to not have my woot avatar used anywhere outside woot.

I ONLY use the gravatar here, so for me the other site issue is mute.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

j5 wrote:If you do that, I hope he provided a warranty for his work. Kitchenaides are notorious for blowing thermistors on self-clean, especially the in-wall units.

Thanks. //sigh//
So I guess I wait till the oven needs cleaning again and buy a new one.

pooflady

Off to the first fish dinner of Lent. Later.