Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:

Ice, do you do anything different when Mrs. Ice is gone? Out to eat instead of cooking? Movies? Anything?



Miss her

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Miss her



Goes without saying.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:ah, everybody gone. Now, nothing till Easter.

Well, sort of. We're going to Tunica on the 11th, back the 14th.

Kid, sorry about the car. Had it been fixed yet?

Ice, do you do anything different when Mrs. Ice is gone? Out to eat instead of cooking? Movies? Anything?



I haven't gotten the rear-end bumper fixed yet. Paint was on the windows mostly - left a weird texture where I washed it off. Gonna research how to get it completely off

sounds like you have a little break Still loving the new addition to the house?

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:
Ice, do you do anything different when Mrs. Ice is gone? Out to eat instead of cooking? Movies? Anything?


Not really.
The only reason we have a kitchen in the house is because it came with one. We generally only cook about once a week.
I don't really go out much during the week because I'm up at 3:30 a.m. and am pretty tired by the time I get home.
I'm playing my music really loud..that's something I don't usually do without headphones....yeah I know how to party.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:She's keeping her mom up all night. I told my daughter she was preparing her for when Eva is a teenager
Daughter and s-i-l are getting lots of company. Ex and her husband in a week Mrs. Ice and I in 2 weeks and s-i-l's mother is coming from Germany in April.

Stupid dog is being all weird. He saw the suitcase and now Mrs. Ice is gone. He's figured it out. Now he's being a pain in my a$$.



We slept with the kids. It is strongly discouraged now. One time, when they were older, we had a few drinks. We realized you really have to be a light sleeper to sleep with a kid in the bed.

Not infants. They slept right next to the bed in a cradle.

That is a bad part about living far away. All those visitors.
Not you! The rest of them.

I have been told Rusty just sits by the door when I'm gone.





ok, if this doesn't make sense, I tried the whiskey cure again. As far as the pain goes, it worked. I'm not sure about the typing part.
(by pain, I mean discomfort. Just an annoying pia)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Hi all.

My apt. building and car got hit with paint balls last night.

seriously.

Can someone else have the Charlie Brown rain cloud for a while?

\


Paint balls? Really? That is a pia. What the hell is wrong with guys.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:\


Paint balls? Really? That is a pia. What the hell is wrong with guys.



testosterone, a paintball gun and too much time on their hands.
When I was that young and I found myself in that condition I stuck to work, chasing girls and self-destruction, not wrecking other people's stuff.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:I haven't gotten the rear-end bumper fixed yet. Paint was on the windows mostly - left a weird texture where I washed it off. Gonna research how to get it completely off

sounds like you have a little break Still loving the new addition to the house?



YES, YES, YES!!!!



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:thanks.

Let's hope it moves on tomorrow - hopefully to one of the little bastards shooting the paint balls!



Something should happen to them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:YES, YES, YES!!!!



YAY!!!

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:Something should happen to them.



I hope so. I really really do

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:I hope so. I really really do



Well this is Texas, chances are if someone catches them shooting at their stuff they might just shoot back.
Make sure you file a police report just in case they happen to pull over some little twerps with a paintball gun.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:I hope so. I really really do



Not bodily harm. Property harm. Most likely teens. Screw up their cars!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Not bodily harm. Property harm. Most likely teens. Screw up their cars!



A few .45 slugs can do a good job at that.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:Not bodily harm. Property harm. Most likely teens. Screw up their cars!



I wish them bad karma for years to come. years.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:A few .45 slugs can do a good job at that.



lol, I have paintball ads on the bottom of the page!

Maybe they drive under a bridge that is being painted and get sprayed down with paint.
You'll get in trouble shooting the car.

Maybe not in TX.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gone again?

OK.

See you in the late morning.

Heck, maybe early afternoon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Was watching the news.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:lol, I have paintball ads on the bottom of the page!

Maybe they drive under a bridge that is being painted and get sprayed down with paint.
You'll get in trouble shooting the car.

Maybe not in TX.


Nope. Someone messes with your stuff you can shoot 'em.
Castle law

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Raining


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining


Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning klozitshope
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdcrosby
Good Morning Jcubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning Fen
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Rain, Joyner and all late risers.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. A few flurries overnight, so everything had a dusting of snow.

And...in Wyoming, kids were throwing rocks off an I-80 overpass at passing vehicles. They hit a bunch of semi's, and a couple of passenger cars. They were walking back to their house, and tossed one last rock at a car going by on the road--me. Softball sized rock landed in the bottom middle of the windshield. Scared the heck out of me. But, since I was able to get to the cops quickly, they were able to catch the kids.

So, there are worse things than getting paint-balled!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

School is on a 2 hour delay due to the tornado. We didn't have any damage in our area but we still have the delay.

I removed the icky nasty steri strips. The incision looks good. There is some swelling but I'm sure that will go down.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Morning everyone.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Mavyn wrote:Morning. A few flurries overnight, so everything had a dusting of snow.

And...in Wyoming, kids were throwing rocks off an I-80 overpass at passing vehicles. They hit a bunch of semi's, and a couple of passenger cars. They were walking back to their house, and tossed one last rock at a car going by on the road--me. Softball sized rock landed in the bottom middle of the windshield. Scared the heck out of me. But, since I was able to get to the cops quickly, they were able to catch the kids.

So, there are worse things than getting paint-balled!



Yikes!!! what is wrong with kids these days? They could have killed you!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning all. Woke up to all white this morning. Not the streets, just grassy areas.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning All!

pooflady wrote:What makes you think if you do grow up with tornadoes you wouldn't be scared of them? Honestly, you'd be more scared because you know what they can do.



Having grown up in tornado territory, I'd have to say that you DO fear them, but in healthy respect sort of way. You learn how to "feel" the storm to know if the threat is imminent (in which case you make a very hasty retreat to the basement) or if the sirens are only going off because of someone on the other side of the county though they might have seen some cloud rotation (continue business as usual).


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Good morning all. Woke up to all white this morning. Not the streets, just grassy areas.



Well goodness, at least it had common sense to contain itself to the right areas. No snow here, just coldness. I'm okay with coldness.

It is interesting to watch the progression of posts always going from "snow, oh no snow, never mind" this winter. I should have stuck with Economics in school, after all weathermen and economists never have to be right!

Eh, I like where my career went anyway. Smug and right (most of the time) is more fun than smug and no reason to be (all of the time).

Feeling cautiously better, to which I credit a low-key weekend and much playing of video games.

Hope you all had a great weekend, looks like a great and FUN week ahead.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
inkycatz wrote:Well goodness, at least it had common sense to contain itself to the right areas. No snow here, just coldness. I'm okay with coldness.

It is interesting to watch the progression of posts always going from "snow, oh no snow, never mind" this winter. I should have stuck with Economics in school, after all weathermen and economists never have to be right!

Eh, I like where my career went anyway. Smug and right (most of the time) is more fun than smug and no reason to be (all of the time).

Feeling cautiously better, to which I credit a low-key weekend and much playing of video games.

Hope you all had a great weekend, looks like a great and FUN week ahead.



Glad you're feeling better.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Was reading the article in the paper about the girl who froze in her bedroom in Alaska and it said the mother was ON THE LAM. I don't believe I've ever actually seen that before.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Was reading the article in the paper about the girl who froze in her bedroom in Alaska and it said the mother was ON THE LAM. I don't believe I've ever actually seen that before.


I've heard it. Not in a article.
Parents locked the kids in the bedroom with an open window.
She better be on the lam.

Didn't some wackos lock the kid in the bedroom with no food or water last year? He had wet the bed? That kid died too.
These can be the poster parents for birth control.

There was one more. Don't remember. Kid locked in a box?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Got my charge card bill today
Overdue.
So I go back and check the checkbook.
Nope, didn't pay it last month.
Go check all the piles of papers around the house.
No bill.

Call up, wait for all the options to finally get a person.
Asked him for a copy of the bill. Told him I may not have received the bill, although I should have realized that and I didn't.

So he took the service charge off, but kept the interest payment on.

Doesn't get reported to any credit agencies until it is past due 30 days.

Here is where it gets weird......I'm turning into my mom.....
I took Rusty and we drove to the main post office to mail the bill. I know they pick up at noon.
The guy said I had 10 days for them to receive the payment with no problems.

Yep, turning into mom, except there is no way mom would have not realized she didn't get the bill. But she was a book keeper.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

That's a pretty sad story. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:Well goodness, at least it had common sense to contain itself to the right areas. No snow here, just coldness. I'm okay with coldness.

It is interesting to watch the progression of posts always going from "snow, oh no snow, never mind" this winter. I should have stuck with Economics in school, after all weathermen and economists never have to be right!

Eh, I like where my career went anyway. Smug and right (most of the time) is more fun than smug and no reason to be (all of the time).

Feeling cautiously better, to which I credit a low-key weekend and much playing of video games.

Hope you all had a great weekend, looks like a great and FUN week ahead.



Maybe I caught whatever this is from you.

Still doing the should I go to the doctor debate.
It is a week to 10 day illness. I've had it 6 days.



hummm, that means it will be gone by the end of the week no matter what I do.
Unless I'm wrong.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Yikes!!! what is wrong with kids these days? They could have killed you!



Hubby did stuff like that 40+ years ago.
Not that. I'm surprised, since there are highways near here. But eggs, dummies, rocks all sorts of stuff was thrown at cars.

Some of the kids he hung out with are doctors and lawyers. At least one was killed in a gas station robbery by the cops as an adult.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

The semi's were worse off than my car. I was only going 40, they were doing 70+. Plus, semi-trucks don't always have safety glass for windshields. Some of the drivers had injuries.

They caught the kids, and took them to the truck stop where all the drivers were instructed to meet with officers. One of the truckers had to be restrained from beating the crap out of them.

I just wanted to give them back their rock.

But, I've heard of kids doing the same thing with pumpkins. How they aren't charged with attempted manslaughter, I don't know. These kids--all brothers, all already on probation, drunk, youngest was 14, eldest was 17. Cops couldn't find their parents until the next day.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:The semi's were worse off than my car. I was only going 40, they were doing 70+. Plus, semi-trucks don't always have safety glass for windshields. Some of the drivers had injuries.

They caught the kids, and took them to the truck stop where all the drivers were instructed to meet with officers. One of the truckers had to be restrained from beating the crap out of them.

I just wanted to give them back their rock.

But, I've heard of kids doing the same thing with pumpkins. How they aren't charged with attempted manslaughter, I don't know. These kids--all brothers, all already on probation, drunk, youngest was 14, eldest was 17. Cops couldn't find their parents until the next day.



"parents" - using the term loosely.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."