3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Shark Steam Pocket Mop
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

that was fun while it lasted!

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaljanitor

Because clean pockets are a must !

There is NEVER a right time to do the wrong thing, nor is there ever a wrong time to do the RIGHT thing!!

lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

Fluffier, girlier version of the Swiffer sweeper except it works a tad better (and steams)

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie

...but who mops their pockets?

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

I don't always mop my pockets - but when I do, I use the Shark Steam Pocket Mop.

TGrier

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TGrier

Wow. $79 on Amazon .

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie
sandbar67 wrote:I don't always mop my pockets - but when I do, I use the Shark Steam Pocket Mop.

stay steamy, my friend.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

A pretty good review of the "As Seen On TV" Steam Pocket Mop is at http://steammopspot.blogspot.com/2009/06/as-seen-on-tv-shark-steam-pocket-mop.html

There is a pretty good warning to people who have Pergo Laminate Floors about using this mop on those floors.

Dsstrqn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dsstrqn

Anyone with any sense of self-respect and decency should order the lavender. Only the most villainous of cads would be so crude as to pocket mop in white after Labor Day.

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

A reconditioned mop? Are you serious? C'mon, Woot! Bundle these with your next bag of carrots, if you even remember what those used to be.

BigRedDogATL

More reviews are at http://www.sharksteampocketmops.com/

They have the reviews broken down to Positive and Negative reviews. Seems to be more positive than negative.

knyle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knyle

I love my pocket mop as much as the next guy, but vegans would surely object at the use of shark steam in their design. Poorly thought out if you ask me.

Emmnemms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Emmnemms

We (and by we, I mean my parents) own an automotive repair so we are always looking for something to keep the floors clean. We bought one of these a while ago, and it works great! It steams off the oily/stuck-on grime.

We had a part of the shop that was disgusting. Barely could see the pattern of the linoleum. I used a buffer which got off 70% of the stuff on the floor, and this took off the rest (it was really gross, so this was surprisingly good)

If we didn't already have on, then I would get one!

TGrier

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TGrier

When I first looked on The Big A it was $79.99; now it appears to be a "Deluxe" version at $89.99. Order three now, here... and steam, steam, steam.

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
lichme wrote:Fluffier, girlier version of the Swiffer sweeper except it works a tad better (and steams)

got one of these for $39 on black friday, and it blows the swiffer wetjet away. The disposable pads of the swiffer get completely soiled very quickly, but the pads with the shark are reusable and you can even use a towel or rag instead of the pads... the steam put out by this thing is anything BUT "girlier"!

figgers3036

quality posts: 4 Private Messages figgers3036

I don't get it... how is this supposed to work on a carpet?

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

In for one; I saw these at Costco yesterday, wanted one, but passed it up because they were $85.

My mom tends to drop food while she's cooking and can't bend over to clean it up, so I'm hoping this will save me from spending so much time in the kitchen on my knees with a scrub brush like a '30s housewife.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
mvsopen wrote:A reconditioned mop? Are you serious? C'mon, Woot! Bundle these with your next bag of carrots, if you even remember what those used to be.

likely a few open-box returns here, and the "reconditioned" ones likely saw little-to-no use before being returned.

figgers3036 wrote:I don't get it... how is this supposed to work on a carpet?

there are gliders that allow it to stay slightly above the carpet, it's more of a steam-sanitizer to loosen tough grime or "refresh" spots of your carpet... not a full carpet-steamer by any stretch

missellienc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages missellienc

The picture shows a triangular attachment but no mop head for it. The description says it comes with it. Should I believe the picture or the description?

morganpartee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morganpartee

I like my wet mop. Then again, I don't think my carpet appreciates any mopping I do.

luckbealady

quality posts: 7 Private Messages luckbealady

I love love LOVE my shark! It makes things look all shiny and new! ♥

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

In for 1 lavender to match our refurb Euro-Pro Shark Navigator Vacuum!

MrsBeny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBeny

[quote postid="4788064" user="BigRedDogATL"]A pretty good review of the "As Seen On TV" Steam Pocket Mop is at http://steammopspot.blogspot.com/2009/06/as-seen-on-tv-shark-steam-pocket-mop.html

Cheeze do I have to actually watch the tutorial or are you going to tell me and my pergo why I should not have purchased? The steam seems to be a reasonable defense against the rats....

uninvitedsaint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uninvitedsaint

how about hardwood?

rbradle1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rbradle1

my refurb shark vacuum (granted, not a mop) was all kinds of defective. aside from not turning on, it was visibly dirty and icky. woot honored the warranty and took it back, but still a hassle. and gross. and disappointing.

MrsBeny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBeny
MrsBeny wrote:[quote postid="4788064" user="BigRedDogATL"]A pretty good review of the "As Seen On TV" Steam Pocket Mop is at http://steammopspot.blogspot.com/2009/06/as-seen-on-tv-shark-steam-pocket-mop.html

Cheeze do I have to actually watch the tutorial or are you going to tell me and my pergo why I should not have purchased? The steam seems to be a reasonable defense against the rats....

This was in bad taste. I meant, My Pergo and I....

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

I have one of these that I bought elsewhere a while back, and it's been great. You will need to sweep/vacuum first or otherwise it will just push around wet hair and lint, but it does a decent job on light dirt accumulation and leaves an unwaxed fake wood floor decently shiny afterwards. It also works fine on linoleum but requires more pressure due to the crevices in it. The white mop heads stay gray even after throwing them in the wash, but they still seem to work OK.

Just don't expect it to do the work for you. You still have to do a lot of pushing and mopping to keep the head steaming for best results, since the steam action is activated only when you push against the head.

lutopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lutopia

I've broke down and got one. I went for White. I can't wait to try it out. I have all hard wood floors and they are a pain to clean. Swiffer just pushes the dirt around. Thanks Woot, Wish me luck on the Refurb though.

Recent Purchases3/23/2007 Screaming Monkey with Green Woot Cape 3
3/23/2007 Random scaffolding3/23/2007 iRiver H10 20GB MP3 Player & Recorder - Remix Blue3/23/2007 Logitech mm28 Flat Panel Portable Speakers3/22/2007 Microsoft Laser Mouse 60003/17/2007 Ultrex Flash Fryer3/16/2007 Excalibur Emergency Roadside Kit3/9/2007 Netgear Wireless Range Extender Kit[/i][color=blue]Utopia[/color]

dpn0121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dpn0121

Anyone have one for over a year that uses it weekly? Reviews on Amazon brought up some longevity issues.

BigRedDogATL

MrsBeny wrote:[quote postid="4788064" user="BigRedDogATL"]A pretty good review of the "As Seen On TV" Steam Pocket Mop is at http://steammopspot.blogspot.com/2009/06/as-seen-on-tv-shark-steam-pocket-mop.html

Go to http://www.sharksteampocketmops.com/positive-steam-pocket-mops-review/review-of-shark-steam-mop-and-pergo-laminate-floors for another person's experience with the Steam Mop and Pergo floors.

bachsoffice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bachsoffice

I read a lot of on-line reviews. They almost universally say that the mop works great for 3 months and then the steam stops coming out. The problem seems to be hard water build up causing blockage. At under $40, I thought I would take a stab at using adding a water softener or using filtered water for better results.

rfclef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfclef

Literally bought this today for 2x the price at MalWart... Returning it tomorrow!

yankeesrule

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yankeesrule

My entry way is vinyl and gets so dirty from people walking in after a rainy day. This seems like it would be great for that!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

missellienc wrote:The picture shows a triangular attachment but no mop head for it. The description says it comes with it. Should I believe the picture or the description?

I'd believe the package contents picture and the In the box.

Where do you see that it comes with triangular pads?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greenmande

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greenmande

Hey something I actually own and have used recently!

This thing is really great for getting sticky stuff off the floor, however, it does not do well with large spaces. The problem is that once you actually get the dirt off the floor it starts to accumulate quite rapidly and you are constantly in this battle between cleaning the cloth and cleaning the floor.

Honestly, I prefer a mop to this because it is a lot easier to work with if you have a lot of cleaning to do.

rfclef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfclef
bachsoffice wrote:... At under $40, I thought I would take a stab at using adding a water softener or using filtered water for better results.

I have the handheld Steam Pocket cleaner and use distilled water in it, irons, anything else like that... worth it...