missellienc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages missellienc
ThunderThighs wrote:I'd believe the package contents picture and the In the box.

Where do you see that it comes with triangular pads?

In the Box: Triangle Mop Head

pksyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pksyn

In for one, but only b/c my screaming monkey told me to.

Kizzbot

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Kizzbot

Does a great job but in order for steam to reach the head you have to keep pumping on the handle. If you have a large floor it will wear you out. Too bad it does not have a continual feed of steam.

angelbunny17

quality posts: 6 Private Messages angelbunny17

I have one, and I really like it. We have hard water here, and one of my mop heads is now unusable because of buildup. Tried limeaway and it did not help. So I definitely recommend using distilled water, as you would in your iron. I have had no problems since I started using distilled water. If you have a lot of dried on gunk you will need to use a regular mop, but this is great for everyday cleaning.

http://www.youknowthatcrazychick.blogspot.com/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

missellienc wrote:In the Box: Triangle Mop Head

Yes, that is that triangle plastic piece shown in the picture of the contents. For this mop, "head" refers to the supporting plastic piece. The pads are the cloth part.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever

It will not clean a dirty floor like magic but it will maintain your floor if used often. I have a parrot, a dog and a one year old running around on my laminate wood floors. I often clean the house twice a week. you have to vacuum before you use it or you will just push dust/dirt into clumps. I question the disinfecting claims of the heat from the steam on the surface of the floor. For this to be fact it would seem that i would have to move at a slugs pace across the floor.<--i dont have time for that.

angelbunny17

quality posts: 6 Private Messages angelbunny17

Also, I do not find that I need to pump the handle as someone has said. The natural action of pushing the mop back and forth produces plenty of steam for me.

http://www.youknowthatcrazychick.blogspot.com/

jpr69u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpr69u

Does a TERRIBLE job of cleaning. Not enough steam to make me feel like it is doing anything. The build quality is horrible. I replaced my Swiffer with one of these, then replaces this with a new Swiffer. Clean floors are here again!

erin0316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erin0316
dpn0121 wrote:Anyone have one for over a year that uses it weekly? Reviews on Amazon brought up some longevity issues.

I had one for a little over a year and loved it until it just stopped heating up. If I thought $35 would buy me another year I'd do it.

missellienc

ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, that is that triangle plastic piece shown in the picture of the contents. For this mop, "head" refers to the supporting plastic piece. The pads are the cloth part.

I meant Triangle Pad, sorry. The description says it comes with one but the picture doesn't show it. Maybe it's the pad hiding under the other 2.

writstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages writstar
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, that is that triangle plastic piece shown in the picture of the contents. For this mop, "head" refers to the supporting plastic piece. The pads are the cloth part.

In the Package Contents section on the bottom of the Woot landing page it says:

Rectangle Mop Head
Triangle Mop Head
Steam Duster Pad
Rectangle Pad
Triangle Pad

So it should come with both the triangle mop head and the triangle mop pad but only the triangle mop head is shown in the package contents picture.

missellienc

missellienc wrote:I meant Triangle Pad, sorry. The description says it comes with one but the picture doesn't show it. Maybe it's the pad hiding under the other 2.

Bottom line is, a friend of mine said I needed the mop with the triangle head/pad to use in the bathroom. It's supposed to maneuver better around toilets.

So Woot!, you rock, you have the model I need for my 3 toilets!

patsycakes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patsycakes

I've had 2 Shark Steam mops, and while I loved them when they worked, both died before I had used them a handful of times. STAY AWAY...they don't last and are a waste of good money.

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie
lichme wrote:Fluffier, girlier version of the Swiffer sweeper except it works a tad better (and steams)

uh - yea, it is exactly the same, but totally different!

kycrafts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kycrafts

I have bought two Shark products and neither of them have been worth using. One was a rechargeable vacuum, kinda' like a dustbuster. It would never hold a charge over a few minutes and the other was an upright vacuum/sweeper. Very shoddy, cheap construction on both. Threw them out with the trash shortly after purchasing. I'll never buy anything again that is made by Shark.

patsycakes

bachsoffice wrote:I read a lot of on-line reviews. They almost universally say that the mop works great for 3 months and then the steam stops coming out. The problem seems to be hard water build up causing blockage. At under $40, I thought I would take a stab at using adding a water softener or using filtered water for better results.

I've had 2 of these and used only filtered water & they still quit working after a couple of months. I wouldn't pay a buck for another one.

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie
patsycakes wrote:I've had 2 Shark Steam mops, and while I loved them when they worked, both died before I had used them a handful of times. STAY AWAY...they don't last and are a waste of good money.

I agree. I am on my third - the first two being replaced by the company when they just died out.

and they are awful on wood floors. !!!

but, if you are too lazy to use a mop and bucket and are willing to take a chance --- we paid well over $100 for our package.

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

I would order one of these, but I scored a Haan on woot sellout a few weeks ago. Yes, I'm bragging. But seriously, having a steam mop has changed my life. They're awesome, and put swiffer's to shame.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

I thought (and hoped) for a moment that it was a mop I could carry in my pocket. No go.

www.howlingdead.com

patsycakes

dpn0121 wrote:Anyone have one for over a year that uses it weekly? Reviews on Amazon brought up some longevity issues.

It will never last a year. I've had two and both quit working after 4 to 5 uses. Shark replaced one & after the second one died, I chalked it up to experience & I'll never own another one. Waste of money.

tanaise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanaise

I love shark in general SO MUCH, and these steam mops are next to godliness. It's s super simple to use, and has a 30' cord, I think, so I can just plug it in, clean my entire apartment in one fell swoop, and throw the dirty mop cover in the wash. I bought a bunch of extra mop covers on Amazon, for something reasonable, and I have to say the ones that come with it are superior, but even the cheap ones get the job done.

Oh, and I'm sure there's a warning in the documentation somewhere, but I missed it, so let this be a lesson to you: do NOT touch the body of the steamer once it gets going, or for a while after you've unplugged it. That sucker is REALLY hot. You aren't likely to touch it for normal use, but I wanted to do something fancy, like change mop heads mid cleaning, and oh, was I ever a sad panda after I touched the body of the machine.

tanaise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanaise
KarenMarie wrote:uh - yea, it is exactly the same, but totally different!

Besides, surely the addition of STEAM to the mix should make it more macho, not girlier. I mean, come on, it's super-heated! You could injure yourself while using it! What more do you need?

Or is the steam too iron-like? (Irons being another household tool that I think gets a bad rap in the manliness stakes.)

John1000

quality posts: 19 Private Messages John1000
KarenMarie wrote:I agree. I am on my third - the first two being replaced by the company when they just died out.

and they are awful on wood floors. !!!

but, if you are too lazy to use a mop and bucket and are willing to take a chance --- we paid well over $100 for our package.

My mother had one of these. She really liked it and used it often to keep the floors clean in her house. But the unit did not last long - less than 6 months. I tried to fix it but gave up. I wasn't impressed with the overall quality - not built to last.

ccurrier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ccurrier

I have use done of these before at my brothers house. They seem to work fine and there is no upkeep since the pads are washable.

They have tiled floors and two dogs which forget what a dog door is for. They like it for this reason. They also use it to clean the tile on the walls in the bathroom - they do it with gloves as the unit gets very hot.

clavelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clavelle

I was ~just about to buy this but decided to check out the Amazon reviews. It seems to have a major flaw....apparently this product clogs and "blows up" and rarely lasts a year, even using distilled water. For a refurbished item that only has a 90 day warranty, I think I'll keep my $40, thank you very much.

ccurrier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ccurrier
angelbunny17 wrote:I have one, and I really like it. We have hard water here, and one of my mop heads is now unusable because of buildup. Tried limeaway and it did not help.

Did you try running the head in the dishwasher?

ZAPPAJOE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZAPPAJOE

As far as hard water buildup goes, the manual for the original Shark Steam Mop actually indicates to only use distilled water. I would think the same goes for this and people just aren't reading the manual.

shythai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shythai

I have one and loved it until one day it stopped heating up. I did a little research on Google and came across a message board where someone suggested adding a tablespoon or two of vinegar to the water reservoir to unclog the hard water deposits. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I gave it a shot. I added the vinegar and let it sit unplugged for a couple hours. I came back to it, plugged it back in and start the mopping motion and wouldn't you know it...it was steaming again! Still using it to this day and I'm going on 2 years!

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

DO NOT BUY if you have sealed hardwood. It will melt the sealant and damage the stain. I learned this the hard way. Fortunately I did as the instructions stipulate which is to try it on a small portion. Of course now I can never, ever ever ever move my dining room table lol.

On a side note, if you have TILE then this will be great. It did an amazing job on the stone in my bath. But it will destroy your hardwoods.

Seeversjm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Seeversjm

I bought this for my wife for Valentine's day.

jakerson9

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jakerson9

I am not a fan of Shark. I've had two of their small vacs that were absolute garbage. Their things that should suck, don't suck, and because of that - they really do suck.

HOWEVER - I have had one of these for about 2 years now, and it still does a great job on the floors in the kitchens and bathrooms. I think I paid $70 or $80 with a 15% coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I'd recommend it.

slfisher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slfisher

If you mean, for next month's Valentine's Day, might I suggest, as a woman, that you re-think that.

If you mean for a previous Valentine's Day, how'd that work for you?

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter
yankeesrule wrote:My entry way is vinyl and gets so dirty from people walking in after a rainy day. This seems like it would be great for that!

Have you tried putting a door mat down?

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome

Thanks Woot! FOr the last 4 decades of my life, I have Always Dreamed of owning an actual Refurbished mop!! This is My Day!

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

I wonder if it would work to kill and prevent mold on shower tiles.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

missellienc wrote:I meant Triangle Pad, sorry. The description says it comes with one but the picture doesn't show it. Maybe it's the pad hiding under the other 2.

writstar wrote:In the Package Contents section on the bottom of the Woot landing page it says:

Rectangle Mop Head
Triangle Mop Head
Steam Duster Pad
Rectangle Pad
Triangle Pad

So it should come with both the triangle mop head and the triangle mop pad but only the triangle mop head is shown in the package contents picture.

Ok, I'm dense. Sorry about that. Must have been a brain fart. I'm pretty sure it comes with what is listed but let me check for you.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dand2400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dand2400

Just used mine for the first time yesterday. Worked great. Make sure you use distilled water.

Seeversjm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Seeversjm

With the complaints of build up from not using distilled water, could running vinegar through the system to break that up work?

reg606

quality posts: 4 Private Messages reg606

I own one and here is my summary:

-Much easier than wringing a mop, especially on hardwood where a lot of water can damage it.

-I feel like with a bucket and mop I am pushing around dirty water. This always dispenses clean steam.

-The pads aren't cheap, but are washable. I also have used cheap terry shop towels on it held on with binder clips. You cannot use both sides like you can with the pads included. If you have basic sewing skills, you can make your own pads.

-If your hardwood floors are really dirty, there will be a haze until after you have done them several times.

-I am able to do about 1000 sq feet of hardwood on 1 filling of the tank. I usually use 2 pads to do that space (both sides of 2 pads).

-The thing heats up amazingly fast. Like 30-40 seconds I would say.

-You have to vacuum or sweep before using it. Any particles other than dust on a hard floor will just get pushed around and could scratch wood.

-Though I can use a string mop on my slate tile, this thing is next to impossible to use on a rougher tile like that.

cruzinstephie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cruzinstephie

You have to get one! I have mostly tile and laminate floors in my house. The steam mop does a fantastic job of cleaning. I love it so much. Make sure to get extra microfiber pads for it so you can change it during your cleaning process. I end up using 3-4 when I clean my house. Also, I let my pads air dry after washing them.