WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's time for us to give our lanyards their annual wash and press, and start practicing our "networking" smiles in the mirror. CES is upon us!

Have you ever wondered what kind of effort goes into the construction of trade show exhibitors' booths? No, you almost certainly have not, but you're probably bored at work, so go ahead and watch the pros build Woot's CES booth anyway.

And watch our blog all this week for more updates from the big expo in Las Vegas. Remember: You can't spell "cesspool" without CES!

SESteve

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SESteve

You have padding? Luxury! And a great way to get people to spend time in your booth. I remember back in the day when I had to work trade shows (mostly NAMM) and searching out booths with padding. It was like a happy ending massage for my weary feet.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

Dang! Nice booth, yo!

Didn't look to be anyone else around. Either woot was an early bird or their booth is located in no-man's land off in a corner somewhere.

Also, where can I get one of those tape +electrical cord applicators? That's the coolest thing I've seen out of CES so far!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
bsmith1 wrote:where can I get one of those tape +electrical cord applicators? That's the coolest thing I've seen out of CES so far!

Agreed. I told that guy "wow, that's a pretty ingenious contraption!"

He looked at me with something like disdain.

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard
SESteve wrote:You have padding? Luxury! And a great way to get people to spend time in your booth. I remember back in the day when I had to work trade shows (mostly NAMM) and searching out booths with padding. It was like a happy ending massage for my weary feet.

"I remember back in Namm..."

rmeden

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rmeden

Sigh... I had to cancel my CES trip at the last minute. Woot! will just have to give my monkeys to others.

Here's a tip.. when walking around the show, put a monkey on your lanyard. Women from all over will come and ask to touch your monkey!

Robert

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

That was actually pretty interesting. I'm also one of those people that always watch "The Making of..." on DVDs too though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Staff

Thanks for the Moofi plug!

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

It's not fair. Last year w00t! didn't give away any w00t Monkeys :'( .... at least not when I happened to be wandering by.

jgribb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgribb1

When working trade booths, you find you have way too much time contemplating what you are going to do once you finally get out, things you never think of again until your next enslavement within the virtual borders of the booth, sigh good luck guys!!

I want my Baby Back ribs!!!!!

two4zero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages two4zero

One of the Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s should be a trip to CES!!

threepiecewoot

quality posts: 20 Private Messages threepiecewoot
bsmith1 wrote:
where can I get one of those tape +electrical cord applicators? That's the coolest thing I've seen out of CES so far!

I agree bsmith.

It was there last year and everyone is glad the device stuck around.

Tharmen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tharmen

hey what building are you guys in because i would love to come visit your booth

nickmcmahon

quality posts: 32 Private Messages nickmcmahon
Tharmen wrote:hey what building are you guys in because i would love to come visit your booth

Watch the video again. They show the building in the first 30 seconds......

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

VIOLA!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I so pronounced it that way till my teacher, 6th grade, took me aside and figured out what I meant. I put my helmet back on and have been happily mispronouncing words and phrases since.

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

Woot! Wholesale? Is that for people who always buy 3?

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
skippykj wrote:Woot! Wholesale? Is that for people who always buy 3?

Yea, I was like "white tundra frost? Woot wholesale?" So I Googled (actually Binged, but whatever) it. It turns out that Woot is like actually trying to be legitmate. Nothing about Mortimer and Monte in the break room, Burgandy Olfactory Center, or anything like that.

And why does Moofi get love in the booth, and not Wine or Sellout or Home. Wait a minute...oh, never mind.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

I always link to the wikipedia picture for a Viola when somebody uses it inappropriately in a forum.

VIOLA!!!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Jesus Christ I love Woot!

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

Let's all have a moment of silence for the poor trucker that probably is now in a mental institution after hauling a truck load of screaming monkeys.

thegreenboys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegreenboys

Hey!!!

I want a screaming monkey!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

For those of you attending, our booth is # 21902- LVCC South Hall Ground Level. And now to shill: follow our @woot and @wootlive twitter accounts if you want updates on our whereabouts. And by "we" I don't mean me, so for those of you hoping to meet a girl-wootployee, I'm not able to promise anything.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
agingdragqueen wrote:For those of you attending, our booth is # 21902- LVCC South Hall Ground Level. And now to shill: follow our @woot and @wootlive twitter accounts if you want updates on our whereabouts. And by "we" I don't mean me, so for those of you hoping to meet a girl-wootployee, I'm not able to promise anything.

Clearly, if there are no girl employees at the show, it is discrimination of the worst sort. This needs correction, this needs an advocate, this needs - ahh you get my drift!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

klozitshoper wrote:Clearly, if there are no girl employees at the show, it is discrimination of the worst sort. This needs correction, this needs an advocate, this needs - ahh you get my drift!

I THINK there should be, but I'm not in Dallas any more so I'm somewhat removed from who will be going. But we do have a couple gals in purchasing who probably will be there (though one seemed really sick if Facebook's reliable)- but it's likely they'll be at other booths rather than hanging out at ours. Oh! And there's always @prettywootprincess from Deals, she'd definitely be out there.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
agingdragqueen wrote:...But we do have a couple gals in purchasing who probably will be there ... Oh! And there's always @prettywootprincess from Deals, she'd definitely be out there.

Yay for woot booth babes!

silywabit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silywabit

Loved the Booth! Didn't catch a monkey though * !!
I might have to go back and try again!
Great Seeing you guys at CES!

Tharmen

nickmcmahon wrote:Watch the video again. They show the building in the first 30 seconds......

Well the building that they were in was 2 stories and at least 1/4 mile long. Then there was the north center and then the south center so I was trying to find which of the 4 building they were in and which part of each.

Tharmen

I saw the booth and they guys working it on Thursday were really funny. I took a picture in front of it and one of the guys held monkeys over my head. You guys were the reason I went to CES. Thanks Woot for being super cool.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
Tharmen wrote:You guys were the reason I went to CES. Thanks Woot for being super cool.

Aw, shucks! You know, we always say that if we can make just one person happy, our work is done. (Although the one person we usually mean is Jeff Bezos.)

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

I love the way the giant, flying, screaming monkeys on the rotating woot! sign look like gargoyles/grotesques on the downspouts at Notre Dame in Paris. Très chic, woot dudes/dudettes! Hopefully they don't leak anything onto the teeming masses on the show floor.

AZTP37A

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AZTP37A

Where can I get one of those power cord tape applicators? Whats it called?

DOUG TEWS

ferrous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferrous

Neat!

-ferrous