humanimal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humanimal

i'm not in the market for a television, but i'm a big fan of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy collection in the center of the screen.

banderjake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banderjake

I need to replace my TV that just stopped working. Problem is, the one that stopped working is a Philips. Replace it with another previously broken Philips? Can't do it.

stefani88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefani88

Thank you so much for your post.

kenm87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenm87

Has anyone's shipped yet?

nova73guy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nova73guy

Not yet. At least I haven't received an email stating it has shipped. They say it ships within 5 days, so I'll wait until Monday before I start raising hell.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

nova73guy wrote:Not yet. At least I haven't received an email stating it has shipped. They say it ships within 5 days, so I'll wait until Monday before I start raising hell.

What a coincidence! I wait until Mondays to raise hell too!

Seriously though, your orders are with our vendor for shipping. We'll send out the tracking once we get it from them.

nova73guy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nova73guy

Cool! Thanks for the quick reply. I wouldn't REALLY raise hell on Monday. Tuesday, perhaps. I'd at least wait for a response before getting all angry and stuff.

lordielordie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordielordie
kenm87 wrote:Has anyone's shipped yet?

Lately woot is sending the shipped notification a few days after they actually ship it.

I received a shipped noticed for a laptop I bought a day AFTER I received the actual laptop..

Wooting since 2005..

kenm87

DennisWKam wrote:What a coincidence! I wait until Mondays to raise hell too!

Seriously though, your orders are with our vendor for shipping. We'll send out the tracking once we get it from them.

Thanks for replying! Good news!

lordielordie

Apparently there's a firmware upgrade for this TV on the Philips website:
Philips Support page where you can find the manuals too...

The posted FW version is dated 2011-12-06. Im not sure with what version of FW will the TV ship, but just in case..

Wooting since 2005..

bghusker20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bghusker20

Hey has anyone received a shipping notice yet? I have something in my mailroom from UPS could that be it?

vanoakenfold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanoakenfold
bghusker20 wrote:Hey has anyone received a shipping notice yet? I have something in my mailroom from UPS could that be it?

Mine's still marked "order is in" so far =/

drfugere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drfugere

I'm in Texas and haven't received squat from the wooting last Monday. Hope that thing gets here soon. Not that great of a deal to save $40 if you have to wait 2 weeks to get the product. Just saying....

simoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoom

I haven't received a shipping confirmation either. I'm guessing it's because of the holiday.

baldylokz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baldylokz

Hey, someone at Woot please go light a fire under the vendor's butt!!! I want my new TV! ;)

tvannoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tvannoy

As a new Woot user, is this typical to not hear anything after buying and the utem not shipping?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tvannoy wrote:As a new Woot user, is this typical to not hear anything after buying and the utem not shipping?

It sounds like your email's spam folder might need checking just in case it got swallowed into that abyss - however, if you're really concerned (and it's a good concern to have), service@woot should be able to find out what the deal is.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bghusker20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bghusker20

still nothing...

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

Not unlike a certain triple digit international spy, we’re sometimes at the mercy of a nefarious villain while hanging precariously over laser eyed sharks.

Well it turns out our vendor (who will be playing the villain Dr. Late) has shipped all the TVs out and they're working on getting us the tracking. We'll pass along the tracking to you once we get it from them.

Between their cackles and monologue, they blamed the delay on the holiday weekend and not being loved when they were little.

lordielordie

"its in the mail.."

Wooting since 2005..

jjandebeur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjandebeur

when will this be shipped? any ideas 7 days past purchase

eclipsorwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eclipsorwoot
jjandebeur wrote:when will this be shipped? any ideas 7 days past purchase

DennisWKam wrote:
Well it turns out our vendor (who will be playing the villain Dr. Late) has shipped all the TVs out and they're working on getting us the tracking. We'll pass along the tracking to you once we get it from them.

laxzilla123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laxzilla123

Nothing on the shipment of the tv yet :/

silverballer27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverballer27

So is there any reason why this has not yet been shipped

vanksterj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanksterj

Woot this is some damn weak sauce. Will it be shipped fed ex or ups? When will we get a number so we know when it will be shipped? No Beuno experience for a first time wooter.

kevinvil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinvil

grrr...daddy wants his tv

lordielordie

according to someone at woot (see a few posts up, "staff"), the TVs have been shipped, and all the are waiting for are the tracking numbers from the shipper.
I have the feeling that by the time we get the tracking numbers, the TV will be here, or very close to being delivered..

The wait is a pain tho.. I already have the wall mount, the cables hider, upgraded the Comcast box to HD, got a HDMI cable.. All is ready for the installation.. C'mon already!

Wooting since 2005..

kenm87

Came home for lunch to find a 32 inch tv at my doorstep Woo Hoo!!

nelrak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelrak
kenm87 wrote:Came home for lunch to find a 32 inch tv at my doorstep Woo Hoo!!

Makes me want to home and check my doorstep before my neighbor decides they need a new tv!

KK

kenm87

nelrak wrote:Makes me want to home and check my doorstep before my neighbor decides they need a new tv!

Yeah Im glad I came home for lunch today or else it would have been out in the cold til about 5:30. Still no shipping notification or tracking number though lol.

BTW, picture looks great! Don't listen to the haters on here. It is perfect for a bedroom tv. You seriously can't tell its a refurb, it looks brand new comes in a philips box and everything.

ladyfizzgig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyfizzgig

Did they ship it FedEx, UPS or USPS?

kenm87 wrote:Yeah Im glad I came home for lunch today or else it would have been out in the cold til about 5:30. Still no shipping notification or tracking number though lol.

BTW, picture looks great! Don't listen to the haters on here. It is perfect for a bedroom tv. You seriously can't tell its a refurb, it looks brand new comes in a philips box and everything.

baldylokz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baldylokz
DennisWKam wrote:Not unlike a certain triple digit international spy, we’re sometimes at the mercy of a nefarious villain while hanging precariously over laser eyed sharks.

Between their cackles and monologue, they blamed the delay on the holiday weekend and not being loved when they were little.

Your vendor is dumb and should end up in the shark tank, or even worse, be made to date my ex-girlfriend.

Thanks for the update. Woot!

eclipsorwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eclipsorwoot

Mine just arrived also :D via UPS

Loving this TV, currently using it as my monitor lol

dondallas71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dondallas71

So those who have already received it...

Can you look at your shipping label and tell the rest us which shipper was used, when it was actually sent, and where it was sent from? A simple tracking number search should tell you all that. Would be nice to know if it was something like UPS ground and from where.

I am just trying to get an idea so I can try to be home when it is delivered since WOOT can't provide tracking information. This happens almost every time I order something from them. Providing tracking information after it has been delivered is utterly useless and only fuels my discontent.

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz

Mine showed up on the back porch this afternoon and I must say it looks new and has a great picture. Setup was easy. I use an outdoor antenna that feeds a splitter to two of my house wired coaxial cables. I get all of the Denver stations and the HD is amazing. I hate to admit it but this TV replaces a 20 inch Sony Trinitron and digital converter. That old Trinitron must weigh 40 lbs.

I wonder if any of the seemingly endless numbers of "Wooters" that denigrate "today's Woot" ever look at the comments of those of us who have ignored their comments and bought these items.

I bought a wool oriental style rug that most commentators seemed to think was junk without ever seeing the item. The rug is absolutely beautiful and very high quality. It looks nicer than the antique oriental rugs my wife inherited.

This TV is really an excellent TV and the 720P and 1080P difference is certainly not obvious to me. Maybe I need to examine each pixel with a microscope. Setup was a dream.

rgfitz

UPS Ground.

jmobilio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmobilio

Ordered this Philips 32 inch LCD HDTV on January 10, 2012. My account on Woot still does not indicate that it has shipped.

I emailed Woot customer service and got basically a generic response saying "Your order has likely shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped, the tracking is not always readily available. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience." I'm still waiting...

rgfitz

rgfitz wrote:UPS Ground.

SHIPPING DEPT
(915) 881-0230
P&F C/O TRANS - EXPEDITE RETAIL
9 FOUNDERS BLVD. STE E.
EL PASO TX 79906-4940

alancagan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alancagan
jmobilio wrote:Ordered this Philips 32 inch LCD HDTV on January 10, 2012. My account on Woot still does not indicate that it has shipped.

I emailed Woot customer service and got basically a generic response saying "Your order has likely shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped, the tracking is not always readily available. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience." I'm still waiting...

I lost my patience last week. Shame on them!

Flyingwing

pantsgolem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantsgolem

Anybody who wants to find out their tracking # for themself can go to the UPS tracking page, select "Track by Reference" and put the woot order number in the reference field. I didn't even need my zip code to find my package, though it doesn't hurt to put it in.