anachostic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anachostic

Gonna be moving to a new office building next week and as such, I have a chance for a fresh start. Today, I thought it would be awesome to have a sunset mural spanning my enclosing cubicle walls. This gave way to simply wallpapering my cube walls.

Of all the people I know, I think all the people that I don't know on Woot would be the best resource for input on this idea. Should I go fabric or actual wallpaper? Pin, tape, magnetic fasteners? Solid or print design?

Work is essentially a second home with a different dysfunctional family. Why shouldn't it be comfortable?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
anachostic wrote:Gonna be moving to a new office building next week and as such, I have a chance for a fresh start. Today, I thought it would be awesome to have a sunset mural spanning my enclosing cubicle walls. This gave way to simply wallpapering my cube walls.

Of all the people I know, I think all the people that I don't know on Woot would be the best resource for input on this idea. Should I go fabric or actual wallpaper? Pin, tape, magnetic fasteners? Solid or print design?

Work is essentially a second home with a different dysfunctional family. Why shouldn't it be comfortable?

cubicle wall? post-its.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
anachostic wrote:Gonna be moving to a new office building next week and as such, I have a chance for a fresh start. Today, I thought it would be awesome to have a sunset mural spanning my enclosing cubicle walls. This gave way to simply wallpapering my cube walls.

I'm not a cube expert, but I'd go with something with a pattern to it, even if it's just stripes. It'll give your eyes something to focus on when you are deep in thought.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Having just Googled cubicle wallpaper, I'm gonna go with a very small design or solid with stuff hanging to break up the monotony.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Having just Googled cubicle wallpaper, I'm gonna go with a very small design or solid with stuff hanging to break up the monotony.

I like the solid with stuff hanging idea. Then you can change the "stuff" when you get tired of it.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

anachostic

Sounds good. I'm leaning towards a nice calming blue. But I know there's a billion shades of blue and if I go too light, it'll seem too bright, like sky blue, and if I go to dark, it could be a little too formal or regal.

After I posted the original message, I ran into the HR manager in the hall and I asked her about the company policy on cube dressing. She was kind of on the fence about the idea but allowed me to be the test case for doing it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

mirrors

move along

anachostic

Seeing myself from multiple angles all day is not the key to job satisfaction.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:I like the solid with stuff hanging idea. Then you can change the "stuff" when you get tired of it.

I like this idea best.

I'm just hanging out, really.