lonepara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lonepara

slept with a friends girlfriend under an open umbrella and a black cat ran over us

princessvalntino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessvalntino

With the exception of sleeping with someone else' husband, I have done all of the above. Then again, I believe that we make our own luck. I suppose that's good, seeing as my mother owns 5 black cats...

bumfromjersey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumfromjersey

Being left handed in a right handed world.

sebitron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sebitron

Haven't ever slept with a friend's spouse/significant other, but I've probably done everything else on this list. I'll add myself to the list of people who don't really believe luck. I think there are good things that happen and bad things that happen; sometimes we can influence events and sometimes we can't. I think though that our choices can influence future possibilities, in that some things become more or less likely to happen as a result of past actions.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Played at the blackjack table after having won at the slots.

zibodiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zibodiz

Well, unlike most on here, I do believe in luck, but I'm not superstitious -- and good thing, too. I'm a network engineer, and regularly walk under my ladder while I'm pulling wires, I'm always tripping over my black cat (we're talking 2 or 3 times a day -- she's kind of a dumb cat), and I've broken a few mirrors back when I was a dentist's assistant, enough to give me a couple lifetime's bad luck.
But hey, 2011 turned out to be a pretty good year in spite of it :-) I guess I'm more of a "it's me vs. luck/fate, and I'm gonna come out on top if it kills me!" sorta guy.

Tamshin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamshin

handcuffed myself to the cutest girl in high school

nellb123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellb123
seahokedrama wrote:I sold my soul to Satan for a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

- turns out it had expired. Bloody Beelzebub!

I Love those chocolate oranges. So Good !

nell-on-wheels

catlavander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catlavander

Bought none Ford vehicles. Every time I do someone rear ends me at a light or stop sign. Or this last time I made a Geico commercial, except not a squirrel, damn cats....

mmmmm....

kelleytastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelleytastic

Yep. I'm with the "no such thing as luck" group. Mathematically speaking, there's a good probability that everything will eventually happen.

WoadWarrior

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WoadWarrior

All of the above, except it was my best friend's sister that I slept with, not his wife.

gpcbutterfly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gpcbutterfly

I am obviously not in the minority on unlucky... but I remain convinced my worst luck ever came about when I placed an order with Nutritionland... now that experience leaves all others in the dust of unlucky. I will stick with Wooting.

Woody1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Woody1

I left the room to pee during the last 25 woot-offs and a BAG OF CRAP came up. Missed every one.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't
Woot I am bored with you. I want woot 1.0 back!

txfam3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txfam3

Other: Thought about giving a child up for adoption, then lost the child when I changed my mind at birth.

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

All of the above, except the spouse thing. My friends are too young for that. Haha. Anyway, I actually had to open an umbrella the other day for a customer because she believed it was bad luck. People these days... The only "bad" luck from all of the above is as follows: the ladder if it falls on you, the cat if it attacks you, the mirror if it cuts you, and the umbrella if it pinches you. But then these days with the button automatic ones that's not really possible. There's also the stepping on the cracks in the sidewalk. That just trips you, as I've learned too many times. Oops...

Actually, did you know where the broken mirror story came from? In the olden days, a mirror was a luxury for poor families. Parents told their kids it was bad luck because it usually took about seven years for them to save enough money for another new mirror.

devilboi69x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages devilboi69x

Looks like I've done everything on the list, and slept with my best friends boyfriend for two years.... Damn, I sound evil!

jazzytay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzytay

slept under a ladder with an open umbrella

biganfine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biganfine

All above except sleep with best freinds dude>

jstemrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstemrich

Woke up after a night of drinking next to the mother-in-law.....with the father-in-law on also in the bed

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Woody1 wrote:I left the room to pee during the last 25 woot-offs and a BAG OF CRAP came up. Missed every one.

You need a tablet

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Woody1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Woody1
dontwantaname wrote:You need a tablet

That's why I bought three Xooms from woot and a Thrive from Amazon. Using my Thrive now, so if you want to send me a bag today, I'll gladly pay you $8 tomorrow!

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't
Woot I am bored with you. I want woot 1.0 back!

Mchapell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mchapell

got married

rtwesterlund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtwesterlund

I've always had generally good luck, so I picked the black cat option since, well, I have a cat. That's black. He's my baby. :3

PKruse21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PKruse21

for you that have slept with a friends spouse...imagine that happening to you. This has to be the worst thing a friend can do to another friend.

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend

301 people (almost 24%) have slept with their best friend's spouse? Wakko Talks Faboo!

spldart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spldart
thumperchick wrote:All except sleeping with best friend's spouse.

I'm a bit dismayed that 21% have slept with their best friend's spouse...

DITTO!
Agreed. I nearly had to destroy a best friend. But my wife shut him down ;~)
{His friend status was revoked with extreme prejudice} 8-D

anarkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarkitty

I don't believe in luck, so I have never done anything unlucky.

I have done all of these things (except that they weren't/aren't married and we had his permission).

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

I was on a ladder and my black cat walked underneath it. I'm not sure what that signified.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

nechee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nechee

All the above several times each, except sleeping with best friend's spouse.

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Actually having done everything on the list several times and have had wonderful luck through out my fifty plus years. The only unlucky thing that has happened to me has been being born in the later half of the twentieth century in America. Fortunately creating my own luck has been enough to even over come that.

christet2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christet2

Oh man...too funny!!

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
anarkitty wrote:I don't believe in luck, so I have never done anything unlucky.

I have done all of these things (except that they weren't/aren't married and we had his permission).

Go on...

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder
mattryan wrote:Well, they weren't married then and they were on a break ... Unluckiest thing I ever did was enlist in the Air Force.

Me, too, except the Marine Corps. However, I did learn how to cuss well.

And I swear I didn't know she was married.
Honest.