Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Good news from CES 2012: we're this close to finally winning the War on Water! Yeah, yeah, life wouldn't be possible without water. But does that give it license to ruin our electronics? Matthew Norman delivers a first-hand dispatch from the front lines in the battle against that drippy douche H20.

Spectators in the first few rows, unfold your plastic sheeting: we're still sloshing our CES 2012 coverage all over the place.

wootfast

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Was she trying to get you to guess which one was hydrophobic?

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

I can soak in the bathtub and still watch a Wootoff! Now I'll be afraid to get out because that will of course be when the Barrels of Crud show up.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
skippykj wrote:I can soak in the bathtub and still watch a Wootoff! Now I'll be afraid to get out because that will of course be when the Barrels of Crud show up.

I agree... the tech in the video might not be quite there yet, but so tempted to get one of those waterproof iPad cases around. Can't wait till I have the chance to brag about Wooting from the shower.

oogoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oogoom

this technology already exists for consumer use... liquipel.com.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
novastarj wrote:I agree... the tech in the video might not be quite there yet, but so tempted to get one of those waterproof iPad cases around. Can't wait till I have the chance to brag about Wooting from the shower.

You DO realize, however, that in order to do so, you must have the camera on?!

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1
klozitshoper wrote:You DO realize, however, that in order to do so, you must have the camera on?!

That's true. Pics or it didn't happen.

psychicchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychicchicken

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed seeing you at CES. Got my calendar, fantastic it is. I just have to say how sad I was to make my way back to the booth on Friday at 2pm to find there were no monkeys, tho I'd been told you were launching them every day at 2. :sadface:

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia

I bought a waterproof pouch and headset at last years CES. I spent the whole summer wooting, texting, and facebook posting from the lazy river at six flags. Waterproof electronics are great

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!