0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Acer ICONIA Tab 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet
$299.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

DonSlice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DonSlice

Tons of support on the XDA forums for those who like to do custom stuff.

wolfhowell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfhowell

Purchased one of these back in the fall when Staples was running $100 off coupons. It's a very nice tablet, rooted and running a custom rom. Oh, and I have my DnD books on it. :-P

reapur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reapur

Does it have a GPS?

Thanks

wolfhowell wrote:Purchased one of these back in the fall when Staples was running $100 off coupons. It's a very nice tablet, rooted and running a custom rom. Oh, and I have my DnD books on it. :-P

ladyperl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladyperl

My husband tells me "we can't afford it" for everything...but his birthday is this week, and he's mentioned in the past he'd rather have an android tablet, than an android phone. Does that mean "we can afford this?" I'm going to do some comparison shopping, so at least I can say..."but it was on sale" ha-ha. Gotta love WOOT!.

evilmicrowizard

quality posts: 7 Private Messages evilmicrowizard

There are suggestions that seem to indicate this tablet will receive an official Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade. (I also see a lot of stuff from those who have put ICS on via custom ROM.)

stevieboy628p

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevieboy628p

Is this upgradeable to ice cream?

btflorey

quality posts: 9 Private Messages btflorey

Picked up the 16GB one for $229 new from Best Buy's website the Saturday following black Friday. $299 would be an acceptable price for a new unit but is a rip-off for a refurbished one. Be patient, shop the sales, and I guarantee you'll find a better deal. Just my opinion.

melshaw04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melshaw04

I have the 16Gb version of this and it is a very nice tablet. I'm considering this deal since my wife pretty much set claim to mine.

howardhkao

quality posts: 1 Private Messages howardhkao
reapur wrote:Does it have a GPS?

Thanks

It does, though lately after the 3.2 android update, the time to acquire satellites has significantly increased.

rubles7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rubles7

HEY! I just bought a Toshiba Thrive 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi through Woot two weeks ago! How does the Acer compare? Any thoughts?

p1800nut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages p1800nut

I picked up a 16G unit last month for $249 (also refurbed), and I've been very happy with it. Nice to be able to add up to a 32G micro-SD card, and to have the USB ports. Only thing I've found annoying is the screen has a lot of glare. (And it' a bit heavy.)

tsero4

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tsero4

I love mine, got it for $249 (only 16gb).
Few thing about it though:
-No ICS (Yet)
-The Microphone is AWFUL! it doesn't do you any good unless you are 1 cm away talking in a Ben Stein voice.

None the less, great device, and this is a great deal!

Edit: sources say April is now when ICS for Acer Tabs will be released. AGG the wait!

pinballace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinballace

Yes! Yes! A tablet! I thought they would never put one up!

HeadAcheJoe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HeadAcheJoe

Have one, love it. The deal is pretty good.

This is the going rate for the 16gb version at Best Buy's online outlet store. Ecost has had them as low as $275 (again, 16gb) with free ship for platinum members, but none recently.

graygamer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages graygamer

Tempting, but I already got a Xoom, and it's got ICS now.

If this had come up before the Xoom when I bought mine some months ago, I might have gone with one, but I suspect it won't matter.

Don't have D&D books on mine, got GURPS instead.

luckyzac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luckyzac

Eh. I wouldn't ever buy a Refurbished gadget. I know what those refurb replacement phones they give me do after a month!

Mystic`

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mystic`

wow I haven't had to do this much soul searching over a woot! for a long time and I have been wooting for 6 years......I'ma think on this for a min and come back; I want a tablet so bad and this seems like a steal- someone PLEASE talk me out of this!!!

*and I have bought refurb everything from woot! and never once in those same 6 years had a problem*

**double edit...7 years =)**

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Tablets are getting so cool and prices are right.

ladyperl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladyperl

Has anyone used this to skype?

Mystic`

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mystic`

okay wait; so how easy is it to upgrade the battery? 2 cell is not gonna cut it for me

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
pinballace wrote:Yes! Yes! A tablet! I thought they would never put one up!

I know, right? About time!

Actually, this looks like one of the better ones I've seen on Woot...

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

Pretty good reviews and nobody comes close to this price, but the "refurb" word has me wavering. Deal or no deal? I'll wait to see what more you guys have to post.

rantng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rantng

I have the 7" A100 running 3.2 and haven't felt the need to root it. My friend was able to pick up the 32gb 10.1" for his dad for $299 on Amazon during Black Friday. He loved it until just 2 weeks ago when the tablet wouldn't hold a charge. After some research he found out this was a somewhat common problem. Amazon offered him a full refund because they were out of stock, but he said he would have gladly accepted a replacement.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Lots of nice, free apps on Amazon for these.

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=topnav_storetab_mas?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

www.howlingdead.com

jacksalon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacksalon

The A200 was just released a couple days ago, and is only $30-50 more BRAND NEW. Granted the storage is only 8 or 16 GB, but the rest of the specs seem to be the same - and it is guaranteed to get an ICS upgrade.

I'm kind of bummed they didn't knock another $50 off this refurb price, especially considering the other comments made by other members saying how they got refurb deals for $250.

Here's the info for the A200:
http://www.androidcentral.com/acer-iconia-a200-now-available-best-buy-349

chepnut

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chepnut

I have been looking at these on craigslist but have been hesitant to get one from there. checked out bestbuy.com they have the same price for it. There was a problem with my account, and they can't fix it and told me it would be at least 10 days. So thank you woot, I am getting this tonight.

hearyehim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hearyehim

Had one and took it back under the 14 day window. Internet kept going down every 10 minutes. Otherwise I liked it. Was a wifi only.

TFord

freak6148

quality posts: 4 Private Messages freak6148

I have had one of these for awhile now. I love it. I only have to charge it about once a week and from what I hear it will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich sometime soon. Do not upgrade yours to 3.2 if you want to root as their is not a root for 3.2 yet (I did and lost my root) and with ICS coming soon I don't care. Netflix works great, Camera quality is just ok though. Great for Books and games. I love the mini HDMI, I can use my 47" Vizio I got from Woot to view anything on my tablet. It's like having a huge computer monitor. I highly Recommend!

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

Is this compatible with a mac, iTunes, Linux, Swahili, farm raised salmon, 5 1/4 floppies and my TI99?

aaronb532

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aaronb532

I bought a used one on Craigslist a few months ago for $280. I'd say it's been one of my better purchases. It's completely replaced my laptop.

I've used it to Skype someone on another tablet and as mentioned earlier the mic isn't great but it works.

Battery life seems pretty decent. I get 8+ hours of actual use on a charge. Who knows how many days of standby time that would be.

PS I'm typing this message on it right now

rbtmumm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbtmumm

I have the sammy galaxy tab 10" and got girlfriend this tablet for xmas. Ran smartbench on both and this one blee the galaxy away!
However, we seem to have an issue with the power button. Sometomes you can press and hold for 20 secs and still nuttin. If we un plug power cable and te plug then hit power button it usually turns right on. Anyone else have this issue? Sorry for typps using smartphone cause acer iconia won't turn on at the moment.

Boatloads of Chicks

fmcwoot

chepnut wrote:I have been looking at these on craigslist but have been hesitant to get one from there. checked out bestbuy.com they have the same price for it. There was a problem with my account, and they can't fix it and told me it would be at least 10 days. So thank you woot, I am getting this tonight.

I think Best Buy has the 16Gb at the same price, not 32Gb.

jjpeters1100

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jjpeters1100

Great deal here. If your in the market for a android tablet. This a great tablet.I Love mine.

Oh ya

baqui63

quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63

I have two Acer Iconia tablets. Picked up a new 8GB one from Best Buy on Cyber Monday for ~$250 ($229 + tax) and a refurb 16GB one from Secondipity via deals.woot about two weeks later for ~$250.

I don't know who did the refurb on this so I cannot say about its refurb quality. (The refurb from Secondipity was indistuingishable from the new one.) $299 isn't the best price, but it isn't horrible either.

The screen is a bit glare-y without the brightness up. It has GPS. The real USB port is nice. I have no real complaints about it.

Ice Cream Sandwich is coming (was initially expected this month but has been delayed to April).

The tablet is very easy to root (here is a video tutorial from XDA Developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1419506).

Officially, the HuluPlus app is not supported, but the recently released modhuluplus.apk installed and works well and doesn't require root to install (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1449110). Netflix works well from the market.

All in all, I am happy with it but have no need for a third one so will not be buying this (though I will let several friends know about it).

neublet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neublet

This isn't a good deal. You can get these brand new for just over $300, my local kmart has it for $279 walmart $298.

RRC2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RRC2000

@neublet, Probably not for the 32 GB version

Good tablet. I was an early adopter and bought the 16 GB model this past July for $299 brand new before the price hike. Very happy with it overall.

There are a few articles that indicate it will be getting the upgrade to ICS (Android 4.0). It currently has Honeycomb v 3.2

Sontiago

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sontiago

The walmart here has the refurb. 16 gig one for 278..

Here's the link to the one I found...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Refurbished-Iconia-Tab-A500-Picasso-with-Wi-Fi-10.1-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-3.0-Honeycomb-Operating-System-Silver/19592271

fmcwoot

neublet wrote:This isn't a good deal. You can get these brand new for just over $300, my local kmart has it for $279 walmart $298.

Huh?? Walmart has the 32Gb new for $448. Though they do have the Acer 16Gb refurb for $278.