0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System
$249.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jsoko

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko

I love the commercials for these!

lexian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexian

does it work on linux?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgFA2ejpExw

that was fun while it lasted!

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

You'll definitely want to check out The Neat Company's homepage for videos and more information regarding the product.

http://www.neat.com/products/neatdesk

jorsums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorsums

Bought One

Jordan Summers

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

People with a neat desk, never know the thrill of finding something that you thought was lost forever

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

mlawson777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlawson777

Oh, how I want one of these!!!!

Reviews on Amazon

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

But does it work with Solaris?

:trollface:

jorsums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorsums

http://www.amazon.com/NeatDesk-Desktop-Scanner-Digital-Filing/dp/B001CQ8ER2

379.99 On amazon

Jordan Summers

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

efooter wrote:But does it work with Solaris?

:trollface:

Madface

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

goosedaddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goosedaddy

Sure it works with Mac, but it doesn't have that streamlined Mac look to it. It isn't Mac-aesthetic compatible.

efooter

ThunderThighs wrote:Madface

Well, next time I'll ask with a serious face.

Oh, and what about Palm, NextStep, OS/2 and Amiga?

b4k4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b4k4
mlawson777 wrote:Oh, how I want one of these!!!!

Reviews on Amazon

The overwhelming amount of 1 star reviews on Amazon and horror stories of losing documents forever due to software issues makes me extremely wary of this product.

It may be useful for organizing and sorting documents so they are more easily searchable/accessible, but I certainly wouldn't dispose of any scanned hard copies

lichme

quality posts: 3028 Private Messages lichme

I was skeptical, however this worked suprisingly well when I sampled it. Picked up hand written figures too. A sure time saver for businesses.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

netnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netnerd

quote "yes, it will work with a mac".

what about whopper? does it work with a whopper? haha

ThunderThighs

Staff

goosedaddy wrote:Sure it works with Mac, but it doesn't have that streamlined Mac look to it. It isn't Mac-aesthetic compatible.

I'm really hoping you forgot your sarcasm codes because otherwise...

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

efooter

netnerd wrote:quote "yes, it will work with a mac".

what about whopper? does it work with a whopper? haha

Do you mean the WOPR?

That's a good point, there's a whole range of computers from cinema that we need to know about. Can HAL work with this?

loststream

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loststream

Hey, what happened to Monty and Mortimer on tonight's Woot daily digest?

Don't tell me they've been fired?!?!

I've been secretly addicted to them: NOW WHAT AM I GONNA READ EVERY NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED!!!

Oh great, now I'm NOT gonna be able to sleep tonight, with no Monty and Mortimer bedtime story for me!!!

Woot Gods: Please bring them back. Amen.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

Y'all forgot Android, iOS, BeOS, WebOS, 17 variations of Windows Mobile, and the PS3. So?

rharrison10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rharrison10

So according to the reviews all neat desk products are criticality crippled by the worthless propriety software required to use them. Universally, users have abandoned decent hardware due to terrible software. Sounds like short sighted biz guys have ruined yet another potentially good product.

efooter

Spiky wrote:Y'all forgot Android, iOS, BeOS, WebOS, 17 variations of Windows Mobile, and the PS3. So?

And if we're still allowed to talk about fictional computers...

Does I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. work with this?

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

I think I have this already, except my says George Foreman on it...

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

I have the portable version and have used it on a Netbook. It works remarkably well. Highly recommended. The software does a good job at figuring out those receipts. Just don't try to scan receipts you left in your pocket when you washed your jeans. Not even a miracle will save you on that.

www.howlingdead.com

ThunderThighs

Staff

loststream wrote:Hey, what happened to Monty and Mortimer on tonight's Woot daily digest?

Don't tell me they've been fired?!?!

I've been secretly addicted to them: NOW WHAT AM I GONNA READ EVERY NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED!!!

Oh great, now I'm NOT gonna be able to sleep tonight, with no Monty and Mortimer bedtime story for me!!!

Woot Gods: Please bring them back. Amen.

Stinkers probably went out to a late movie. I'll tell the boss to talk to them.

FORUM MODERATOR

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Multiple previous woots, last one same price $249.99:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4689492

efooter

Will this do ocr on a recaptcha?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I'm not near my portable scanner, but I thought you could scan them into pdf format and save the scans outside of the program in addition to the usual program backup. I'll have to check when I get the chance (if I get the chance), but others can chime in.

John1000

quality posts: 19 Private Messages John1000
rharrison10 wrote:So according to the reviews all neat desk products are criticality crippled by the worthless propriety software required to use them. Universally, users have abandoned decent hardware due to terrible software. Sounds like short sighted biz guys have ruined yet another potentially good product.

Most companies now days outsource or hire inferior programmers who live 10 in an apartment to design and develop their software. The end result most of the time is a product that falls way short of its potential and is often a complete disaster. When are companies going to wake up and start employing Americans who are much more capable of creating a product that does what is designed to do???? I don't know about the business practices of Neat Receipts specifically, but if the shoe fits...

akg8800

quality posts: 2 Private Messages akg8800

Got this last time and I love it. I've had zero problems with it and I use it regularly. It can scan multiple documents quickly and they come out clear. My best tip is to send your cards through such as drivers license, insurance cards, credit cards- anything you have in your wallet as a quick resource if you were to lose them. The only problem I have is I still have a hard time pitching original paper copies of many documents and receipts but I'm a "just in case" kind of person. Give this a try!

simlesa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simlesa

How does this one compare to Fujitsu ScanSnap machines?

loststream

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loststream
ThunderThighs wrote:Stinkers probably went out to a late movie. I'll tell the boss to talk to them.

Thanks ThunderThighs, but I've found them both just now in the "breakroom"... They were just on their break! (Everyone, go see their breakroom video!) So no need to report them to the boss, I wouldn't want them pink slipped! As I said earlier, I'm addicted to them... I just may be their #1 fan!!! ... BRB while I go put on my Woot cheerleading caped costume to give Monte and Mortimer a Woot Woot Cheer!!!

RonnyBoy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RonnyBoy
rharrison10 wrote:So according to the reviews all neat desk products are criticality crippled by the worthless propriety software required to use them. Universally, users have abandoned decent hardware due to terrible software. Sounds like short sighted biz guys have ruined yet another potentially good product.

You are right on in your comments above. Bought the Woot offered portable one a few years back. It has Neatworks 4.X with it. Worked okay but I felt it wasn't ready for primetime so I shelved it. Two years later I'm buying the desk version on Woot, again. Software 4.X worked okay, but again, not ready for primetime. So I shelved it last year until their version 5.X came out at the end of last year. Piece of garbage software. Hardware is very nice, but the software is totally and absolutely garbage. Went out and bought an Epson high end scanner and will be implementing it for our applications. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Neat programmers to get their act together to debug their program. You might wonder, "What Pinky is this who has about $1,000 tied up in three scanners, two of which he isn't using?" Well, I implement computer software and hardware sloooooowly. No need to rush into things to find out 2,000 hours spent earlier won't get me to the 2,001st hour of use. The Epson scanner works real nicely and I can use it immediately. I'm not going to lay out the time to use the Neat products and be an unpaid beta tester. I figure Neat has enough ticked customers they better get their act together fast.

I joined on April 15, 2005, instead of working on my taxes. The hell with taxes.

RonnyBoy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RonnyBoy
simlesa wrote:How does this one compare to Fujitsu ScanSnap machines?

No comparison. The Fujitsu wins hands down, or in this case, rollers down.

Would have bought the Fujitsu instead of what I did buy, the Epson, but for one major problem. Fujitsu scanner doesn't hook directly with other scan software, i.e. Omni something or other, whereas the Epson can. Fujitsu has their own proprietary software too. Epson is bundled with
Paperport, which BTW also works with the Brother MFC copier/scanners.

Hey, I've been around looking at scanners since Wang Labs and Lanier started their failed implmentations over 40 years ago.

I joined on April 15, 2005, instead of working on my taxes. The hell with taxes.

John1000

I would love to have a product like this that scans the raw data to internal memory (sd card, flash drive, etc.) which can later be processed. This approach would not require that the scanner be connected to a computer at the time when documents are scanned. Someone is not doing their job, but what's new?

And this scanner is screaming to be wireless.

John1000

RonnyBoy wrote:You are right on in your comments above. Bought the Woot offered portable one a few years back. It has Neatworks 4.X with it. Worked okay but I felt it wasn't ready for primetime so I shelved it. Two years later I'm buying the desk version on Woot, again. Software 4.X worked okay, but again, not ready for primetime. So I shelved it last year until their version 5.X came out at the end of last year. Piece of garbage software. Hardware is very nice, but the software is totally and absolutely garbage. Went out and bought an Epson high end scanner and will be implementing it for our applications. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Neat programmers to get their act together to debug their program. You might wonder, "What Pinky is this who has about $1,000 tied up in three scanners, two of which he isn't using?" Well, I implement computer software and hardware sloooooowly. No need to rush into things to find out 2,000 hours spent earlier won't get me to the 2,001st hour of use. The Epson scanner works real nicely and I can use it immediately. I'm not going to lay out the time to use the Neat products and be an unpaid beta tester. I figure Neat has enough ticked customers they better get their act together fast.

Just another example of the result of companies deciding to outsource/insource crappy programmers. So sad to see how we all pay the price, literally, and end up with crap we can't use. And can you name anything we buy today that has absolutely no warranties and waives all liabilities???? Software end user license agreements state that there is no guarantee that the software will work and has no liability for damage. No wonder third world countries flock to the software industry in mass numbers to develop and sell products that have no guarantee to work and could even destroy your data. What a gig. Is there any other industry that gets away with this????

bobpike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobpike

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at the Scansnap for a long time, but it's too expensive. The poor reviews on this scanner have helped me decide.

Melanthalady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melanthalady

While we're asking what it's compatible with, I'll gladly help.

Deep Thought
Absolutely, mice need to stay organized with their existence across multiple dimensions and all.

Earth
Absolutely but you'll have difficulty retrieving your data and it is rather prone to being destroyed by alien races who do not appreciate the significance and feel that it's in the way of their highway and/or view of other portions of the solar system.

Oversoul
Why would it need a scanner? It can talk to people directly and generally it was intended to transmit rather than receive.