0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad Dual-Core Notebook with 11.6" LED Display
$339.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie

Come on, write-up guy! "Lenova" in the second line of the write-up?

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

Is this compatible with my Ma....

You know what, forget it.

linusuperbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linusuperbox

i actually have this model upgraded the ram to 8gb and threw in a ssd but i bought it at this price a year ago pass on this one woot! But it is a solid netbook plays tf2 great on the go!

JoeLE11

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JoeLE11

Lenovo is still consistent, it seems, no matter what they do. These newer AMD machines have a good track record across the board. And the Lenovo keyboard is still unbeatable

bobmyknob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobmyknob

Review here: http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x120e.aspx

I was pretty seriously considering purchasing one of these, but I ended up getting another notebook as a gift. Great deal for this, faster than most netbooks.

hoffmanbike

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hoffmanbike

this guy needs to work on his latte handling.

15 craps and counting.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

I still can't get over how old-school ThinkPads continue to look. I have a ThinkPad from the 90's. It has Windows 95, a handful of MB's of RAM, and features a built-in floppy drive. If it sat by this new one and I unfocused my eyes, I'm not sure I could tell them apart.

I know they're rock-solid and dependable machines... but they have the sex appeal of a 70-year-old stock broker. An unsexy stock broker.

KoraPlaya

quality posts: 26 Private Messages KoraPlaya

Can this handle FPS games like Counter Strike Source?

Im really happy for you and imma let you finish. but this is the worst signature of all time. ALL TIME!

zbowling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zbowling

Debating.... debating...

I'm a Mac user but I need a Windows box for IE testing. Harddrive is slow (would love to swap with an SSD), but everything else marginally ok.

I'm breaking out in a cold sweat........ ARRRGG.. what have you done to me woot?

rileyper

quality posts: 66 Private Messages rileyper

i love my ibm thinkpad and my newer lenovo thinkpad, the design hasn't changed in the past 15 years and theres a reason for that, its really a perfect setup for a casual/business laptop.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
Bandrik wrote:I still can't get over how old-school ThinkPads continue to look. I have a ThinkPad from the 90's. It has Windows 95, a handful of MB's of RAM, and features a built-in floppy drive. If it sat by this new one and I unfocused my eyes, I'm not sure I could tell them apart.

I know they're rock-solid and dependable machines... but they have the sex appeal of a 70-year-old stock broker. An unsexy stock broker.

But it has a trackpoint.

joanowl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joanowl

Fry's has a better Lenovo laptop on sale this weekend. For less.

chefjoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefjoe
pilotwillie wrote:Come on, write-up guy! "Lenova" in the second line of the write-up?

and a bunch of other lines too. Maybe it's the writer's pet name for the laptop he's "testing the fluid handling abilities of".

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pilotwillie wrote:Come on, write-up guy! "Lenova" in the second line of the write-up?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fixed. Thanks.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

I was gonna buy one then I got down and saw AMD and decided to post a smartass comment about woot AMD laptops

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

Seem to like it on Cnet

Link for Review

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

One thing I liked about ThinkPads five years ago was they still included a RS232 port, which made them awesome for programming PIC microcontrollers.

Not so much these days, seems like you're trapped with desktops or dongles.

Oh how consumer electronics have left behind the embedded world.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
SuperNinja wrote:But it has a trackpoint.

You mean the little red nipple?

...hmm... I guess that could be construed as sexy.

But the one on my ThinkPad has gotten old and the rubber its made of has melted and deformed. So no dice. Still an age 70 broker. Still unsexy. =/

selphish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages selphish

Where are the mattress when I need them, woot? God, if only I had found a new apartment before today, I could have known what size mattress would have best comfortably fit in my new room in time for last week's Mattress Monday...

rileyper

Wow, 7.5 hours of battery, that's like 5 hours right while internet surfing right...still pretty good

almost want to cancel my PSvita reserve for this

64bitz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 64bitz

Damn... I just bought this computer 2 weeks ago. Well, this is a fantastic little computer that is great for school. It runs all the usual programs fairly quickly and it can even run Left 4 Dead! Buy it NOW!

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Had this same Lenovo and dropped it in the pool at the Marriott , It still worked for like 2 days. Pretty impressive I'm buying one!!!

SuperNinja

Bandrik wrote:You mean the little red nipple?

...hmm... I guess that could be construed as sexy.

But the one on my ThinkPad has gotten old and the rubber its made of has melted and deformed. So no dice. Still an age 70 broker. Still unsexy. =/

The cap is intended to be a replaceable item, it wasn't meant to last forever.

linusuperbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linusuperbox
KoraPlaya wrote:Can this handle FPS games like Counter Strike Source?

yeah it will handle them fine as long as your not playing crysis 2 at maxx

tsfisch

quality posts: 37 Private Messages tsfisch
efooter wrote:Oh how consumer electronics have left behind the embedded world.

Or rather, the embedded world has been slow to keep up.

/dabbles in the embedded world

rileyper

worst mistake lenovo did was take out the thinklights (lit keyboards with led light on top of lcd)

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg
zbowling wrote:Debating.... debating...

I'm a Mac user but I need a Windows box for IE testing. Harddrive is slow (would love to swap with an SSD), but everything else marginally ok.

I'm breaking out in a cold sweat........ ARRRGG.. what have you done to me woot?

If you have an intel mac then install windows on it and save your money.

zbowling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zbowling
ronfronberg wrote:If you have an intel mac then install windows on it and save your money.

but but.. my SSD drive is too small :-(

SuperNinja

joanowl wrote:Fry's has a better Lenovo laptop on sale this weekend. For less.

Those don't have a trackpoint.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
efooter wrote:One thing I liked about ThinkPads five years ago was they still included a RS232 port, which made them awesome for programming PIC microcontrollers.

Not so much these days, seems like you're trapped with desktops or dongles.

Oh how consumer electronics have left behind the embedded world.

OK, I've been buying and selling IBM ThinkPads for quite a few yers now. AMD?? Really?

Sorry, a T23 can beat this into the ground! And, it's made on THIS continent!

The thing about a ThinkPad, is it's durability. AMD?

Sorry, been down that road before. (NF7 AN7.)

steve

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

I can't believe no one has started with the discussion about IBM selling Lenovo to the Chinese years ago. So I'll do it: Hey everyone, Lenovo is owned by Chairman Mao!

Still, as unsexy as they are, these are solid machines.

Potrzebie!

bogus

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bogus

This would be a great choice for someone wanting something like a netbook but with some horsepower to run stuff other than a browser. I'd be all over this if I hadn't recently blown my nerd fund on a decent fullsize lappy.

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie
ThunderThighs wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fixed. Thanks.

You can't travel back in time and meddle with things! The Butterfly Effect! (not that crappy Ashton movie)

Willmonwah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Willmonwah

If you want to upgrade the RAM or swap in an SSD, check out the maintenance manual:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/63y0640_02.pdf

It looks like this comes with the extended battery, which is nice.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
Bandrik wrote:I still can't get over how old-school ThinkPads continue to look. I have a ThinkPad from the 90's. It has Windows 95, a handful of MB's of RAM, and features a built-in floppy drive. If it sat by this new one and I unfocused my eyes, I'm not sure I could tell them apart.

Meh, I find them very sexy. They are rock solid and rubberized. I like the fact they dont slip out of your hand and when you let go of it there is no finger prints.

~edit: Sorry didnt notice this one is not rubberized. But at least its not glossy.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
Roostalee wrote:I can't believe no one has started with the discussion about IBM selling Lenovo to the Chinese years ago. So I'll do it: Hey everyone, Lenovo is owned by Chairman Mao!

Still, as unsexy as they are, these are solid machines.

Mao been dead many year!

(Translation) OK, Chairman Mao has been at room temperature for numerous years now, silly American!

Seriously, we used to have the ThinkPads built by (Central) Americans!

My T-23s have a "Made In Mexico" sticker on them.

Built in the land of my Father.

steve

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
joanowl wrote:Fry's has a better Lenovo laptop on sale this weekend. For less.

Those are not thinkpads. Those are ideapads. Not the same quality of construction.

namepl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namepl

I'm running the X220 for classes and such for a few months now. Similar physical setup.
For the most part I like it, but the touchpad drives me nuts. Like half the time I end up brushing it as I'm typing and it ends up sending the cursor into the middle of a paragraph I just typed. It's usually a half sentence or two before I realize. It can get pretty bad when I'm taking notes during lectures. Even using one of those programs that ignores touchpad input while typing doesn't work 100% of the time.