WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's Happy Snacking!, our recurring feature that teaches you the skills you need to make our signature handcrafted, fit-for-human-consumption foodstuffs. Never go hungry between meals again!

This week, your lovable Internet pal Randall Cleveland comes OUT OF HIS SHELL and finds himself IN A PICKLE! Ha! Ha! Get it? Because eggs and pickles.

No, but seriously -- you're sure to give this video a standing OVA-tion! Ha! Ha! What's the matter? Can't you take a YOLK? Ha!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Well, well, well. Looks like we got ourselves one of them comment threads.

madfrisbee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madfrisbee

Source link for the alcohol PSA??

matthew

madfrisbee wrote:Source link for the alcohol PSA??

You can find it here: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4838909

FfejOnline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FfejOnline

My favorite Snack? I know you didn't really ask, but I am going to answer anyway.
Leftover mac and cheese + cut up pepperonis + buffalo sauce + shredded cheese over the top.
Not healthy at all, but pretty tasty.

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

I did it wrong and soaked the eggs in the whiskey and drank the pickle juice just for science.
Results: terrible

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest

I like the new disclaimer

matthew wrote:You can find it here: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4838909

@matthew very tricky, especially considering I just had some kraken rum.

jayzhou99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayzhou99

i seem my sister did carrots and radish but eggs... sounds eeeewwwwwwww

Referral linking/advertising/scams not permitted.

lmccurdy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lmccurdy

I've been doing this for years. Just 1 or 2 eggs at a time; they're perfect after 24 hours...perfectly pickley and salty, without being rubbery...I swear by kosher dills

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

It's the same joke every time but I can't help but laugh.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Is there anything that poor Randy won't eat for your videos? Do you supply him with Tums?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

I didn't think it was possible, but the happy snacking videos are sliding further down the culinary ladder. I thought we were near the bottom with the raw cookie dough, but I see I was incorrect.

I think that 3 fingers of whiskey isn't going to do it for whatever awfulness comes next. Maybe a pint.

DennisG2010

quality posts: 19 Private Messages DennisG2010

After a Googlin', apparently you did make actual pickled eggs, and not just pickley eggs.

Many recipes consist of doing exactly what you did, while others just consist of creating your own brine, but it all amounts to the same thing.

mhenry1384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhenry1384

I've purchased actual "pickled eggs" from a grocery store, and they are certifiably disgusting so I'll pass.

matthew

mhenry1384 wrote:I've purchased actual "pickled eggs" from a grocery store, and they are certifiably disgusting so I'll pass.

Oh, sure, not from the store! But what about the pride that comes with self-sufficiency, knowing you can disgust yourself all on your own?

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
mhenry1384 wrote:I've purchased actual "pickled eggs" from a grocery store, and they are certifiably disgusting so I'll pass.

I've seen them at the store (or in a big jar on the counter at the bait shop), but I've never bought them. I've been tempted by the pink ones, though.

I have also never purchased pickled pigs feet from the same stores.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

If you really want a treat, use the brine from pickled jalapenos instead.

Tharmen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tharmen

I have the pickle juice in my fridge. I'll post back when I finally make them. They sound pretty good.