3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Notebook Cooling Base
$5.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jrs1980

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980

Great deal for those who didn't buy these for $7.99 last month.

That being said, I did buy this last month, and it's worked fine. Happy with what I got.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

coffeegirrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeegirrrl

No blueberry?!

keplar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages keplar

At those dimensions it should handle a 15 to 15.5 inch non-widescreen laptop, or thereabouts.

-Keplar

stancol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stancol

We discovered that they also work great on XBox's and Cable TV boxes in cabinets with little air flow. As long as the device has a USB jack you can put this under it to help move air.

texasbonfire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages texasbonfire

$29.95 from Microsoft site...I am in for three

scottjkus

quality posts: 8 Private Messages scottjkus

I have one of those on my lap right now! I like it!

bdh008

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bdh008

Got one of these on Amazon a while back. Not too bad or too flimsy. You get what you expect for the price. However the fan had one drawback. Sitting on the carpet it drew in a small piece of carpet. Like really small. 1cm long. It jammed the fan. I ended up having to get little pliers to pluck it out. Work fine after. But beyond that, I had it for a few months now, and no major problems.

floydie7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages floydie7

Bought two of these the last time they came up. Using one of them right now and I have to say it works. It keeps my computer about 10 degrees cooler than without. They're nice, they prop up for desk use and you can put the kickstand up and turn 90 degrees to use it in your lap.

andrewhime

quality posts: 5 Private Messages andrewhime

Meh at best. I suppose it helps keep my laptop slightly cooler, but it's too easy to block the intake with your lap. The stand doesn't lock, so it's too easy to collapse if using as a laptop. It's probably priced about what it's worth, but I find myself wanting a better one.

If you enjoy my horrible posts here, you might enjoy my podcast at http://www.valuecube.com

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
keplar wrote:At those dimensions it should handle a 15 to 15.5 inch non-widescreen laptop, or thereabouts.

Yes, if your laptop has an air intake right in its center.

I've NEVER seen one with an intake in the center!

steve

detayls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages detayls

Don't buy one of these unless you have a Windows laptop.

Mac's are actually designed to dissipate heat so you would just be wasting your money.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I was wondering why there were only 10 comments 5 minutes after the new woot.
Then I remembered how lonely I am.

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

Looks a little small for desktop, sooooooooooooooooo I'm in for 3!

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Video review

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

coffeegirrrl wrote:No blueberry?!

████████████████████ IMPORTANT ████████████████████

Ok, here's what I'm told. The warehouse monkeys got mad that their banana break was delayed by inventorying these cooling pads. They ran out early and didn't finish counting.

I've been told that you should check back later in the morning (say after 10am CST) to see if that color is available.

Sorry for the inconvenience but those Monkey Unions are heck to deal with.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

I'm going to wait until there are fewer color choices. Otherwise it's too confusing.

mrsjrb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrsjrb

Lots of Love over at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Z3C-00001-Notebook-Cooling-Black/dp/B0021ZEHQU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329285864&sr=8-1-spell

mrsjrb

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
skou wrote:Yes, if your laptop has an air intake right in its center.

Asked myself the same thing...
Now, honestly, how many of us picked up our laptops to check even though we knew there were no vents located in the center of the back?

BTW - Lenovo ThinkPad does have vents in the center of the bottom. So much for what I knew.

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
skou wrote:Yes, if your laptop has an air intake right in its center.

steve

It is not necessary to have the air intake right in the center. See how the pads are raised a bit? And the unit is curved? The fan may be in the center, but the air flows in two directions - away from the center. This works just fine.

therealjrn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages therealjrn
ThunderThighs wrote:That was fun for me. I hope y'all had fun. Give me some feedback. I want to try this for a while and see how it goes.

I like the new game You're a very good hinter.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

mrsjrb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrsjrb

I could have all sorts of office fun with this!

mrsjrb

iambmelt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iambmelt

Bought one of these for my 15" Macbook Pro last year when I started having cooling problems. When in the tilted pedestal position the mac will always inevitably slide off because of the slick aluminium bottom - when it sits flat it forces you to crane your wrists at this horrible upward angle.

It's a decent quality product, but it's not a good buy for a macbook owner.

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes

I had one of these & I want to say that I spent around $30 on it. But the fan placement could be better, dual fans would be ideal... lasted about 8 months of constant use, fan got noisy after a while. For $10 bucks it's probably worth trying if you're in the market for a cooler

Beetle Breakfast

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Another video review.

mvar32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvar32

Really?! I have a Mac, and it gets HOT! Will the USB cable be long enough for my Mac? My USB port is on the side.

atomicow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atomicow
detayls wrote:Don't buy one of these unless you have a Windows laptop.

Mac's are actually designed to dissipate heat so you would just be wasting your money.

Ignore this comment. Macbooks are well known for getting so hot that they cause severe burns. Some even get so hot that the battery explodes.

This device will likely work for any laptop that fits, except for my old compaq which has a fan on the bottom that blows out.

iambmelt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iambmelt
mvar32 wrote:Really?! I have a Mac, and it gets HOT! Will the USB cable be long enough for my Mac? My USB port is on the side.

Cable is long enough - but that puppy will slide off. If you want to use it pedestal style. I'd go with one of the one with a clip on the front to keep it from scooting around.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1

Hmm....I want blueberry or blue. How are they already sold out / missing???

[Thunderthighs: Read up a few posts. I explained what's happened.]

alan21615

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alan21615
detayls wrote:Don't buy one of these unless you have a Windows laptop.

But by raising your MacBook off your lap, you avoid burning your legs, lol. Plus, they tend to get really hot right in the center (especially older models), even with the "heat dissipation"...

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

How well do you think this will work on a netbook? I'm thinking it might not have the ventilation needed if the mini laptop is sitting down in there.

SFCFireman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SFCFireman

wow dont usually see these items come up so close together i guess it was worth dropping the price 2 bucks from last month

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

I will not joke about what people put in their laps.

kakrohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakrohn

Last time they ran out of Blueberry, so they sent me 2 (black one & white one)... so that was a good deal. I sold the white one on eBay for $20.

Kurt!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

therealjrn wrote:I like the new game You're a very good hinter.

Awwww, thanks. I was racking my brain for obscure yet relevant hints. Heh.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes
note2001 wrote:How well do you think this will work on a netbook? I'm thinking it might not have the ventilation needed if the mini laptop is sitting down in there.

I used mine w/ a 11in netbook, it worked just fine no issues with the curve.

Someone did bring up a good point that drove me nuts too, theres no clip/brace to hold the computers up, just the rubber bumper which works ok for a while but then the computer will slowly start to slide down, dang gravity

Beetle Breakfast

kakrohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakrohn
note2001 wrote:How well do you think this will work on a netbook? I'm thinking it might not have the ventilation needed if the mini laptop is sitting down in there.

I just checked with my gf's 10.1" HP Mini and it would work just fine.

I use this with my 15.4" Dell Vostro & it hangs over about 1" on both sides, but still serves its purpose well.

Kurt!

fateforgotten

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fateforgotten
stancol wrote:We discovered that they also work great on XBox's and Cable TV boxes in cabinets with little air flow. As long as the device has a USB jack you can put this under it to help move air.

You mean my xbox may not sound like a jet engine from using this?! Now all they need is a fix for the huge power brick...

I know a few people in my classes have them. They help keep it cool, but it is removes the whole point of a 'laptop' computer.

gregbowman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gregbowman

I also bought this last month at the higher price. The fan is louder than I anticipated it would be and the non-skid surface, well, it isn't. I would have returned it if I had bought at retail and been upset to pay more than I did from woot!.

It lowered the temperature of my laptop approximately 3-5%.

I expected greater things and finally just gave it away . . . The guy at the office I gave it to asked me a week later if I would be offended if he didn't use it anymore. I laughed, took it from him, and chucked it off the roof onto the parking garage eleven stories below.

The look on his face was worth ten times more than the price I paid. Thanks for the memories, woot!