WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: At what age did you have your most embarrassing haircut?
  • 32.1% - As a little kid, but it wasn't my fault 720
  • 33.3% - As a teenager, when else? 747
  • 7.2% - In my twenties, when I thought I knew better 162
  • 1.6% - In my thirties or forties, when I should've known better 35
  • 12% - My hair has been a lifelong source of embarrassment 269
  • 13.9% - What do you mean? I've always looked great! 311
2244 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

Mine was only "not my fault" in an overarching way. I was seven or eight and reading my first Teen magazine. The models all had no-bangs looks. I had an inattentive babysitter, and a pair of scissors.

Also, picture day was the next day.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I willingly tried out 3 different haircuts in one 2 week period in high school.

I grew out my hair to about 2 feet, cut it down to a mullet, then cut it to one of those Qing Dynasty-style haircuts and then went fully shaved.

Needless to say, I never went back to any of those. I did, however, try out a mohawk later on. They don't tell you that unless you spike the hair with gel, you end up looking like Ernie from Sesame Street.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Ahh, that first night in basic training imagining the numbers of people who have also gone to sleep freaking out at the new style they are sporting. (And all that it implies.)

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

I think its a rights-of-passage thing that all boys cut their hair......wonder what they used to do before they invented scissors?

alanbc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanbc

I was 16 and I was going to my moms hair salon, and got talked into getting a Perm,my hair was already kinda short , So i had like a brillo pad on my head, and the rest of my head was shaved real close,I actually had to keep a spray bottle of water to keep my hair wet, On top of that I was working at Six Flags in ATL Ga. I was the only White guy that year with a Afro and Jeri Curl Combined,

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Twice...first time wasn't technically a hair-cut. It was a BAD perm! My mother did a home perm on me & used the smallest rolers. My hair looked like a little old ladies hair. I skipped school (high school) the next 2 days because it looked so bad. Finally someone told me I could get it to relax by putting mayonaise on it. That did work.
The other time, I was trying to tell someone that I liked the hair in front of my ears tampered. She mistakenly thought I meant something else & my hair ended up with a mullet! I went to someone else a couple days later & ended up having to get it cut a lot shorter than I was use to.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

tvissoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tvissoc

It isn't my fault that my parents didn't keep the scissors put away.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I was 21 and very pregnant and for some strange reason decided to get my hair cut boy-cut short. Probably was going for a pixie cut? I don't know. It looked good when I left the salon with it all styled, but i could never get it to look the same way at home. Thankfully it's just hair and it grows out.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Now

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Since it has gone gray, it always looks the same.
I changed hairdressers.
Twice.
No matter how it is cut, it goes into the same waves.
I might as well go back to the first hairdresser. She was cheapest.
Not ready to go to the supercuts yet. I should. $10 or $70, it is going to do its own thing anyway.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
alanbc wrote:I was 16 and I was going to my moms hair salon, and got talked into getting a Perm,my hair was already kinda short , So i had like a brillo pad on my head, and the rest of my head was shaved real close,I actually had to keep a spray bottle of water to keep my hair wet, On top of that I was working at Six Flags in ATL Ga. I was the only White guy that year with a Afro and Jeri Curl Combined,

LOL! Hilarious! Bless your heart.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Where's the "I've never had a haircut" option?

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane
psm321 wrote:Where's the "I've never had a haircut" option?

Same here. I've trimmed the ends a couple of times myself, but have never had a haircut or hairstyle other than "scraped back into a braid."

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

mastallama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mastallama

I've always had crazy hair cuts, but enjoyed them. I had a mohawk one summer, cut short once with my initials in the back, corn rows, the puffy mess that exists after corn rows, etc... Currently, my hair is long, down to my shoulder blades and I play in a metal band.

But, the worst thing that ever happened was in 3rd grade. I decided to trim my eyebrows. I still remember my parents freaking out "you could have stabbed yourself in the eye!" My only (lying) response was I had to trim them, they were too bushy and I couldn't see.

The 2nd worst was for the graduation pictures my senior year in high school. My mom wanted me to get a haircut...but she wanted to get it cut a certain way. My senior pictures look like a mix between a troll doll and an old lady, but my mom was happy, so it was alright. Still though, I think it's funny when I see those pictures because I only ever looked like that for them.

LOL! Good times!

tallerteapot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tallerteapot

At the end of 4th grade, I decided I wanted very short hair. It had always been nice and long, and my hair is quite thick. I went from hair down my back to a boyish hair cut that proved to haunt me for the rest of my hair-cutting career. I needed help fixing it because of its later-revealed tendencies, so I ended up fixing it in a Mom-inspired fluff with feathering all over the place. Yuck; I definitely wasn't so popular after that.

I just can't get a hair cut shorter than my shoulder blades, I just can't do it!!

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I had a mullet from grade school until my junior year of high school. It reached all the way down to my lower back.

The way I would wear it is to part my mullet down the middle and wore half of it over my left shoulder and half over my right.

Ugh. I can't talk about it anymore. It was awful.

Thank God I got it cut off by the time I had my senior pics done.

docflash

quality posts: 16 Private Messages docflash

it was my first day at "benning school for boys" (aka ft. benning, georgia). we all lined up for our haircuts, but couldn't see the guys ahead of us, or those leaving out the back afterwards.

the barber sez "so, how would you like it?"

i said "well, a little shorter in the sides, even out the top, and straight across the back."

BZZZZZZZZ!! BZZZZZZZZ!! BZZZZZZZZ!! BZZZZZZZZ!! BZZZZZZZZ!! BZZZZZZZZ!! BZZZZZZZZ!!

it took him about 30 seconds to buzz-cut all the hair from my head. you could tell he still got a kick from asking us noobies "how would you like it?"

boy, was i embarassed for falling for that.

"i don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." --anon
more quotes.

benjaminwootage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjaminwootage

when I was 13-14 I used copious amounts of hair gel to make long disgusting spikes. They looked awful.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

When I was around 15, I thought it would be cool to grow out my hair, then shave only one side of it. Unfortunately the half 'n half look never really caught on, but my mom thought it would be good for me to sport it for awhile to learn the value of a decent haircut. Was a real character builder, lol.

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.