3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
iFly Heli GYRO 3.5CH RC Helicopter
$25.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

These will be flying off the Woot! warehouse shelves at this price!

jrs1980

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

One day you guys are going to forget to put up that "You can't have our iProduct" text, and on that day, I WILL BE IN FOR THREE.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11

This would mean a LOT more to me if they were also Android compatible.

Apple....giving you LESS for MORE MONEY.

FredWallace18

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FredWallace18
troller11 wrote:This would mean a LOT more to me if they were also Android compatible.

Can I get an Amen, brother?

atomicow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atomicow
troller11 wrote:This would mean a LOT more to me if they were also Android compatible.

If less let's you control a helicopter, I'll take less every time

DMelton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMelton

Would have already bought one for me and a buddy if they did. Good job on bringing us a product that only appeals to a limited consumer base.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's a cool video.

msharath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msharath

So how long does this run on a full charge?

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

I've had one of these. They work pretty good for chasing the cat around the house, but the key words: IR, Infra-Red, not radio controlled! This means a) Forget about flying this outdoors and b) If the transmitter loses site of the 'copter, it will come down, fast! These are good for a few hard crashes, and you can also find replacement parts, plus instructions on how to fine-tune and adjust them, on many websites. But be warned that these are *not* a $200 RC helio. They sort of fly like a drunken moose - with practice, you can get them to fly fairly well, but a few good whacks on the ceiling causes the blades to bend/break, and then it flies like a pig, meaning not at all. Unless you call flopping to one side and crashing in seconds to be "flying". If that happens, start with a replacement tail rotor first, as it gets damaged more easily.

morganpartee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morganpartee

With the fact that you can get a Syma S107 for .50$ less, I'll pass.

...Time to fly my S107.

dougmc2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dougmc2
DMelton wrote:Good job on bringing us a product that only appeals to a limited consumer base.

Doesn't every product they sell only appeal to a limited customer base?

And did you complain similarly when they offered iPod/iPhone chargers/docking bases?

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

BTW, I saw these last week at Brookstone, for $99, marked down from $129.

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

OK, it says IR AS WELL AS RC!

IR is infared. It is transmitted by a LED, and is VERY line of sight, and also does NOT work in sunlight.

RC means Radio Controlled. RC is NOT line of sight, unless there is a LARGE METAL building in the way. RC also works VERY WELL in direct sunlight. (Since there are no illumination issues, with the treansmission.)

So, IR or RC?? Can't be both!

steve

jamaris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamaris

http://www.hobbytron.com/GYROiFlyHeliMetal35CHElectricRTFRCHelicopter.html
It is compatible with any apple or android item that has app download capability

jzmacdaddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jzmacdaddy
DMelton wrote:Would have already bought one for me and a buddy if they did. Good job on bringing us a product that only appeals to a limited consumer base.

Yeah...limited to the COOL customer base, that can fly their mini helicopter with their phone.

GirlFromJerzey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GirlFromJerzey

I don't know anything about these. Can someone tell me the difference between the woot offering and this - http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Yellow/dp/B004A8ZRB0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329545056&sr=8-2

They look the same to me - but there must be some huge difference.

Thanks.

tedujam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tedujam

A Syma S107 is $22 on amazon and was actually $19 a week ago, a much better model.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A8ZRB0/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

justincredibleg

quality posts: 10 Private Messages justincredibleg

Is there any way to get this to work on an Android device? I really don't want to have to buy an iPhone just to play with a toy again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

skou wrote:OK, it says IR AS WELL AS RC!

IR is infared. It is transmitted by a LED, and is VERY line of sight, and also does NOT work in sunlight.

RC means Radio Controlled. RC is NOT line of sight, unless there is a LARGE METAL building in the way. RC also works VERY WELL in direct sunlight. (Since there are no illumination issues, with the treansmission.)

So, IR or RC?? Can't be both!

steve

I believe RC means Remote-Controlled in this case.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

macboy12321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macboy12321

those go about 2 feet then loose their signal its not worth the money!!!

justincredibleg

quality posts: 10 Private Messages justincredibleg

This app makes it look like this will in fact work with Android devices:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.uprtek.rd2.icontroller.syma&hl=en

Also, the amazon listing here appears to suggest it works with Android:

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Helicopter-Controlled-iPhone-Android/dp/B006GVYXO6

dougmc2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dougmc2
skou wrote:RC means Radio Controlled.

RC could mean radio controlled.

It could also mean remote controlled.

Sorry, but your argument is invalid. It's true that most hobby-grade R/C planes are radio controlled -- but many cheap toys are IR controlled. And a few really cheap toys have a wire -- but they're still remote controlled.

For an example of the ambiguity, if you look up R/C on wikipedia, the page says "radio control". But if you look up remote control vehicle it says "A remote control vehicle is defined as any mobile device that is controlled by a means that does not restrict its motion with an origin external to the device. This is often a radio control device, cable between control and vehicle, or an infrared controller."

Ultimately, the abbreviation R/C can and does mean both.

GenghisShawn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GenghisShawn
bmrbill wrote:Here's a cool video.

Not the same

toms203040

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toms203040

I wouldn't buy squat from Hobbytron. We ordered a Helicopter from them for xmas. It came 5 days after xmas...DOA. Took 1.5 months to get a RMA. Had to pay to ship it back. Still waiting for the replacement. Do a Google search (which we should have BEFORE we bought from them) they have truly craptastic reviews.

As to the woot sale - the iphone controller sucks major balls (and not in a good way). A normal IR controller is bad enough, the iphone clip on and app is absolute crap.

Fun toys - just not this one.

compuguy1088

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compuguy1088

I don't see why it wouldn't work....someone could reverse engineer the commands through the headphone jack.

CdaleTony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CdaleTony

How does this compare to the JADA battle machines copter? It has the two opposed blades and counter weight as well...and it was awesome to fly and control, until a kid hit it with a tennis ball and broke the counter weight, and lost a 'dogbone'......

daveczrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveczrn

Been on deals.woot a couple times.. lowest i have seen has been $38.95.+5 for shipping.

Good deal. And it does infact work with android. Uses your headphone jack to plug into

atomicow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atomicow

I wonder if this could lift a GoPro camera...

ThunderThighs

Staff

toms203040 wrote:I wouldn't buy squat from Hobbytron. We ordered a Helicopter from them for xmas. It came 5 days after xmas...DOA. Took 1.5 months to get a RMA. Had to pay to ship it back. Still waiting for the replacement. Do a Google search (which we should have BEFORE we bought from them) they have truly craptastic reviews.

As to the woot sale - the iphone controller sucks major balls (and not in a good way). A normal IR controller is bad enough, the iphone clip on and app is absolute crap.

Fun toys - just not this one.

Can you be more specific about the iPhone controller? You've tried it? What did or didn't it do?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Maybe I overlooked it, but I wonder what the maximum flight range is from the remote control before you lose control???

ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

Ceiling fans love to eat these things. Seriously, they are a blast.

daveczrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveczrn

Android app for these helicopters found here

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.uprtek.rd2.icontroller.syma

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Good opportunity today also for Woot to sell iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad or Android devices to go with this good deal.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
dpcollects wrote:These will be flying off the Woot! warehouse shelves at this price!

Pun intended lol?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

toms203040

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toms203040
ThunderThighs wrote:Can you be more specific about the iPhone controller? You've tried it? What did or didn't it do?

Next to impossible for any type of fine control. Simple hovering in place or landing on a legal pad is total luck due to the lack of anything close to precise control.

Remember, you'll be watching the helicopter fly, not the iphone. And there's little tactile feedback to where exactly you're moving the controls so it's hard to repeat as you learn the flight characteristics of the bird.

We've tried both the iPhone and Android versions (we're a engineering shop - so we have all the geek cubicle toys) - both are pretty much the same. You just can't perform the same control movement twice in a row.

Much better with the standard 3 channel IR controller (then they're a blast - you can get spare blades & parts for the S107 from Amazon).

As to the question about carrying a mini-video camera. Most likely that would be no. These things barely have enough power to lift themselves off the ground. They lift off at 5/8 throttle, and then as the battery runs down it slowly creeps up to full throttle just to stay off the deck. At full charge, maybe they could lift an additional 4 grams or so.

For our office races we strip off all the fancy stuff (main shell, landing gear, tail fins, flashing LED's, etc) Then they gain another few grams of lifting power (and are much faster in forward flight).

ThunderThighs

Staff

toms203040 wrote:Next to impossible for any type of fine control. Simple hovering in place or landing on a legal pad is total luck due to the lack of anything close to precise control.

We've tried both the iPhone and Android versions (we're a engineering shop - so we have all the geek cubicle toys) - both are pretty much the same. You just can't perform the same control movement twice in a row.

Much better with the standard 3 channel IR controller (then they're a blast - you can get spare blades & parts for the S107 from Amazon).

As to the question about carrying a mini-video camera. Most likely that would be no. These things barely have enough power to lift themselves off the ground. They lift off at 5/8 throttle, and then as the battery runs down it slowly creeps up to full throttle just to stay off the deck. At full charge, maybe they could lift an additional 4 grams or so.

For our office races we strip off all the fancy stuff (main shell, landing gear, tail fins, flashing LED's, etc) Then they gain another few grams of lifting power (and are much faster in forward flight).

Thank you! That's much more helpful to the community.

FORUM MODERATOR

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95SOhxwAM8&feature=colike

On sale for $50 at hobbytron, regular price $75. Good Woot deal.

http://www.hobbytron.com/GYROiFlyHeliMetal35CHElectricRTFRCHelicopter.html

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

cuCaulfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuCaulfield

I had a similar styled helicopter (looks like the exact frame) CVS was selling over the holidays. It lasted about 10 min. before it took a hard landing, rolled on its side, and the main rotor never worked right after that.