WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

If you're serious about surviving the impending zombie pandemic, you're going to have to take the old Boy Scout motto and turn it up to 11. At the Zombie Apocalypse Store in Las Vegas, that old creed takes this amended form:

"Be Prepared -- for far-fetched fantasy scenarios from supernatural horror movies, even at the expense of living the kind of normal life where your time and resources are better spent addressing the real, non-fictional problems you actually face every day."

Needless to say, we loved the place.

Is there an odd roadside attraction in your area that the Woot Travelcam should visit? Tell us about it in the comments!

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

if you are interested in zombies or zombie survial...

I'm working on a Zombie film series. You can check it out via FaceBook here:

The Last Broadcast on FaceBook

or the Trailer on YouTube:

The Last Broadcast Trailer

bjbranch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjbranch

You may just want a shotgun but and AR, sidearm, shotgun, flame thrower and 2 machetes are required for survival. Oh’ and a fast armored truck.

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

It feels like zombie apocalypse in Seattle today. What's with the whole town taking off for Presidents' Day? I mean, I get the Washington connection, but no one took off in Missouri for Truman's Day except the government.

sacdaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sacdaddy

Please travel and see "The Mystery Spot" in Santa Cruz, CA. You need to see the Mystery Spot.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
sacdaddy wrote:Please travel and see "The Mystery Spot" in Santa Cruz, CA.

That's odd -- I've never been to Santa Cruz, but I've been to "Mystery Hill" in Michigan's Irish Hills. Here's some Flickr user's photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bargal/165709066/

I thought Mystery Hill was unique in defying Newton's laws. I am extremely surprised to learn that the gravitational anomalies I saw there would manifest in more than one place. Santa Cruz must have similar geological formations, maybe with some magnetic minerals in the rock. I can't think of any other way to explain it.

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
matthew wrote:That's odd -- I've never been to Santa Cruz, but I've been to "Mystery Hill" in Michigan's Irish Hills. Here's some Flickr user's photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bargal/165709066/

I thought Mystery Hill was unique in defying Newton's laws. I am extremely surprised to learn that the gravitational anomalies I saw there would manifest in more than one place. Santa Cruz must have similar geological formations, maybe with some magnetic minerals in the rock. I can't think of any other way to explain it.

It's classic misdirection by sloping the floor and ceiling while making the outside look normal. I haven't been to any of these places but the Seattle Pacific Science Center has a long sloped walkway that does this effect.

http://www.sandlotscience.com/MysterySpots/Mystery_Spots_1.htm
At the bottom they list both of these places and more.

EDIT: I just realized you were probably being sarcastic, oh well.

matthew

skippykj wrote:EDIT: I just realized you were probably being sarcastic, oh well.

[Smiley emoticon here]

At Mystery Hill in Michigan, my dad asked in what he (and I) thought was an obviously faux-credulous tone what possible explanation there could be for such uncanny phenomena, and the girl who was our tour guide answered by sharing some nonsense theory about the density of the soil or something. She was so earnest about it that -- even though she worked there -- I think she may not actually have been in on what was going on.

WATER RUNS UPHILL!!!

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

I know not of these mystery places you guys are talking about, but I have been to the ANTI-GRAVITY HOUSE of San Marcos, TX. It's exciting enough to not merit a photo in the list of attractions at Wonder World: http://www.wonderworldpark.com/attractions

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

Zombie targets that bleed... now THAT'S something I want! It's not good enough to know you've shot the undead squarely in the forehead- you need to be splattered by artificial brain matter to KNOW the zombie is no longer a threat. Lol

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

What about "The Thing" in Arizona? Also, I live in Vegas and will have to check this place out!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I'm afraid there is nothing of interest in my little town, unless you count the 1.5 year old pot of spaghetti sauce I found long lost in an old basement refrigerator. So many colors!

More towards Lake George there's the rather quirky Dr. Morbid's Haunted House and the equally strange House of Frankenstein Wax Museum. Not as exciting as a Zombie Apocalypse survival store of course, but if the cheesy stuff doesn't woo you LG is also home to Ft. William Henry, which is supposedly haunted. I think they filmed an episode of Ghost Hunters there if I'm not mistaken.

girlgeek54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girlgeek54

Tiki heads? Why? Do they ward off Zombies?

matthew

Well, there hasn't been a single zombie infestation in my house since I bought it. What more proof could you possibly need?

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

Thank you for using the word comprise correctly.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

gaugh753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gaugh753

You know, my wife and I live just a few miles away from THE WORLD'S LARGEST TRUCK STOP in southeastern Iowa.

It's amazing that in a state that is best known for things like corn and high school wrestling, we have the epitome of western society!

I consider a looseness with words equatable to looseness of the bowels
-John Calvin

dogbreath2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dogbreath2

Could try this place The Idaho Potato Museum

MOMBOJOHN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MOMBOJOHN

This place looks pretty cool I will be in Vegas next week see you guys there? John

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
dogbreath2 wrote:Could try this place The Idaho Potato Museum

I've been to the Idaho Potato Expo Center (potato museum). The best part is that they give "free taters to out-of-staters". There's also a potato museum on Prince Edward Island. How many people do you know who have been to two potato museums?

I have been to see the Thing? in southeastern Arizona. It was worth every penny (I think it was seventy-five cents at the time). Just don't spoil it?

I have not been to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, but I have been to the Mystery Spot in St. Ignace, Michigan, the Wonder Spot in the Wisconsin Dells (RIP), the Oregon Vortex, the Cosmos Mystery area in South Dakota, and a few others. They are all pretty much the same.

Spook Hill in Lake Wales, Florida, is one of my favorites because it is free. It's just a stretch of road and a sign (no staff, no gift shop, no nothing). Put your car in neutral and it rolls up hill! In contrast, Magnetic Hill in Moncton, New Brunswick, has a huge tourist attraction built around it. You have to pay to wait in line to drive your car onto the hill. If it wasn't just up the road from Hopewell Rocks it would be a wasted drive.