gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces
ThunderThighs wrote:Sure, just pull the tape out of the plastic housing and shove it into the slot. It may take a lot of effort.

Well, play it may be the wrong word. Accept it, may even be pushing it.

ROFL! Shove it in the slot! HELLarious! (Seriously took my VCR player to be repaired long ago and you would not believe what the repairman emptied out of the shove slot! How does all that stuff get in there anyway?)

tsuchigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsuchigo

I've actually used them before for a tv and that blu-ray player. Didn't have any problems

Kellyoh1415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kellyoh1415
pitagurl16 wrote:By the looks of the map...everyone on the East coast is sleepin. This is gonna take forever Barrels of Crud

East-Coaster proudly chugging red bulls, awaiting Barrels of Crud =)

gina3graces

CowboyDann wrote:that cost gas and time though. even if my time was worth just 8 dollars an hour, it would still take me an hour of my time + Gas to get to my nearest walmart... there's 20 bucks right there.

Not to mention I'd have to put on pants!

(My biggest fear...forgetting to put on my pants!)

crashck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crashck

Woot-Offs always occur the night before I have a big test.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:I was gonna play but I was just stumped. Rumor has it we're going to be doing this sunday-thursday nights? Sounds fun!
Will there be prizes?

Yes, 11pm CST Sun - Thu to guess the Monday - Friday sales. I'll move it around but there'll always be a post here pointing to it.

And maybe. You'll have to see.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

chef855

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chef855
ThunderThighs wrote:Anybody play Woot! Clue! with me just a bit ago? It wore me out trying to keep up with all the questions. It was a great game today.

Came so close to it too! Ah well. To the victor go the spoils.

woothatesme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woothatesme
pitagurl16 wrote:By the looks of the map...everyone on the East coast is sleepin. This is gonna take forever Barrels of Crud

Ahem. Everyone on the east coast has been watching this nonsense nigh 18 hours at this point going broke tring to keep this spinning all day.

Musta been nice to sleep in.

pitagurl16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pitagurl16
Kellyoh1415 wrote:East-Coaster proudly chugging red bulls, awaiting Barrels of Crud =)

YES!

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

"Wi-Fi Ready" does not mean "built-in" -- you will need a proprietary Samsung Wi-Fi adapter for around $50 to get you up and going on proprietary-only applications -- this unit will NOT allow you to surf the web -- unless, of course, you have the proprietary Samsung HDTV that will allow such a connection...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

brettmagnetic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brettmagnetic

This also plays a variety of video files, and also has a USB slot. An entire media center!!

woothatesme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woothatesme
gina3graces wrote:ROFL! Shove it in the slot! HELLarious! (Seriously took my VCR player to be repaired long ago and you would not believe what the repairman emptied out of the shove slot! How does all that stuff get in there anyway?)

[sorry]That's what she said.[/sorry]

pitagurl16

woothatesme wrote:Ahem. Everyone on the east coast has been watching this nonsense nigh 18 hours at this point going broke tring to keep this spinning all day.

Ha, 18 hours...that must suck.

gina3graces

woothatesme wrote:Ahem. Everyone on the east coast has been watching this nonsense nigh 18 hours at this point going broke tring to keep this spinning all day.

Amen!

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
wifi ready

so, I have to buy something else

refurbished

not a deal breaker either...

searching google, however, revealed it can't stream netflix, now THAT kills this.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, 11pm CST Sun - Thu to guess the Monday - Friday sales. I'll move it around but there'll always be a post here pointing to it.

And maybe. You'll have to see.

11 PM Sun-Thursday... Sounds like fun! I'll definitely be here.

Don't forget to check out all the deals and questions submitted by Deals.woot members. If you got the woot-off bug, deals.woot is a great way to feed your woot addiction until the next woot-off. Plus you'll be part of a community better than the regular wooters ;)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gina3graces wrote:ROFL! Shove it in the slot! HELLarious! (Seriously took my VCR player to be repaired long ago and you would not believe what the repairman emptied out of the shove slot! How does all that stuff get in there anyway?)

In my house, I could directly point to my son for any odd things in the VCR. But really, he was pretty good with it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

microware1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages microware1970
crashck wrote:Woot-Offs always occur the night before I have a big test.

When is your next big test?!?

tsfisch

quality posts: 42 Private Messages tsfisch

The "LinkStick" that makes this thing Wi-Fi capable is a whopping $55 on Amazon.

At that price ANY Blu-ray player with an ethernet port is "wi-fi ready" - you can get "gaming adapters" for less than that which will do the job.

pitagurl16

Kellyoh1415 wrote:East-Coaster proudly chugging red bulls, awaiting Barrels of Crud =)

I'm also an "East-coaster" I knew there were more of us out there...but I was feeling lonely when I saw how dark it was over here.

zikzak

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zikzak
brucedoesbms wrote:"Wi-Fi Ready" does not mean "built-in" -- you will need a proprietary Samsung Wi-Fi adapter for around $50 to get you up and going on proprietary-only applications -- this unit will NOT allow you to surf the web -- unless, of course, you have the proprietary Samsung HDTV that will allow such a connection...

The description says it has an Ethernet port. If the proprietary Internet apps will connect through the Ethernet port, it is entirely possible (probably almost certain) that you don't need to use the Samsung wifi adapter. You could probably plug any old wifi bridge into the Ethernet port to give it wireless. Conceivably you could grab a used old wireless router rotting in a box in the basement, put it in bridge mode, and boom...wifi bridge for anything with an Ethernet port.

bjfolks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjfolks

More than likely day 2 woot off!!

gina3graces

FreakFark, I'm hungryyyyyyyy! What I wouldn't give for Candy Basket chocolates right now, mmm, gurgle, all that delicious sea salt...

Kellyoh1415

pitagurl16 wrote:I'm also an "East-coaster" I knew there were more of us out there...but I was feeling lonely when I saw how dark it was over here.

I'm hiding in the living room from the bf - if he knew I was A) Spending money or B ) Not sleeping due to a woot-off ... I may be in for it (and not in a good way!)

Ugh, Woot -ruining healthy relationships since ... 2008?

banditking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages banditking

I'm on the east coast but i work overnight so i'll be with you til around 8am EST!

Kellyoh1415

gina3graces wrote:FreakFark, I'm hungryyyyyyyy! What I wouldn't give for Candy Basket chocolates right now, mmm, gurgle, all that delicious sea salt...

Your reminding me of that weird caramel glutton from the Raggedy Ann and Andy movie

pitagurl16

Kellyoh1415 wrote:I'm hiding in the living room from the bf - if he knew I was A) Spending money or B ) Not sleeping due to a woot-off ... I may be in for it (and not in a good way!)

Ugh, Woot -ruining healthy relationships since ... 2008?

Ahahahahahaha...yep my hubby is in the next room "sleeping." Pretty sure he has one eye open though. We should join girls hiding from their men for woot offs anonymous.

gina3graces

Kellyoh1415 wrote:Your reminding me of that weird caramel glutton from the Raggedy Ann and Andy movie

Holy smokes, laughing so hard right now; I don't even know what you're talking about, but those two words coupled together make me giggle violently "caramel glutton" ---help me, can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

todaresq

quality posts: 77 Private Messages todaresq

So... it is my birthday. Will I get my Barrels of Crud today?

gina3graces

Kellyoh1415 wrote:Your reminding me of that weird caramel glutton from the Raggedy Ann and Andy movie

funniest written thing evah!!!!!!!!

LTU99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTU99
darkmagician1184 wrote:not a deal breaker either...

searching google, however, revealed it can't stream netflix, now THAT kills this.

Don't know where you saw that, but I got this exact model from sellout.woot a while back & it most definitely does stream Netflix.

Also connects to NAS media devices on your network & will play a variety of files from there (including .avi). The interface is a bit slow, but for 60 bucks, it is a pretty good deal.

crashck

todaresq wrote:So... it is my birthday. Will I get my Barrels of Crud today?

no

Kellyoh1415

gina3graces wrote:Holy smokes, laughing so hard right now; I don't even know what you're talking about, but those two words coupled together make me giggle violently "caramel glutton" ---help me, can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I'm glad, my nonsleepism made me realize that could've been taken the wrong way.

P.S. That thing used to give me nightmares! But I will gladly join you in a chocolate/sea salt feast!

todaresq

quality posts: 77 Private Messages todaresq
crashck wrote:no

Crud

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
darkmagician1184 wrote:not a deal breaker either...

Quick Ship Electronics via eBay offers the refurbished Sony BDP-BX58 3D Wireless Blu-ray Disc Player for $74.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our mention of a refurb from eight days ago and the lowest total price we could find for a refurb by $12. It features playback support for standard and 3D Blu-ray disc movies in 1080p, DVD playback and upscaling via HDMI, Ethernet connectivity, built-in 802.11n wireless, one USB port, one HDMI input, and Netflix
This one has Netflix app

lschedler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lschedler

Bought this several woots ago, and have been VERY happy with it. Not only does it give great quality, much better than our other Blu-ray player, but it made friends with our Samsung TV. They just understand one another in a way I didn't expect...

crashck

todaresq wrote:Crud

I dont think you want a Barrel of Crud because I will be inside of it >:D

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

Blue Ray Player Rage!!!

mmmfowler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmmfowler

OK it's after 1 AM (Eastern Time). Does this mean there is no Barrels of Crud

tsfisch

quality posts: 42 Private Messages tsfisch
zikzak wrote:The description says it has an Ethernet port. If the proprietary Internet apps will connect through the Ethernet port, it is entirely possible (probably almost certain) that you don't need to use the Samsung wifi adapter. You could probably plug any old wifi bridge into the Ethernet port to give it wireless. Conceivably you could grab a used old wireless router rotting in a box in the basement, put it in bridge mode, and boom...wifi bridge for anything with an Ethernet port.

The "supported" one connects via USB. As I noted in my post, you can make *any* Blu-Ray player (with an ethernet port) Wi-Fi capable using the sort of adapter you're talking about, and probably for less money.

So in short, don't buy this because it's "wi-fi ready"