WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you enjoying this Woot-off?
  • 11.8% - Yes! It’s great! 547
  • 20.5% - Well, it seems okay, I guess. 953
  • 29.1% - I’m pretty neutral on it. 1351
  • 14.7% - I feel it started off slow, but I’m optimistic about where it’ll end up! 683
  • 23.8% - Remember how I said it was the worst woot-off ever last time? Can we still go back and edit our answers? Because I think the rankings have changed. 1104
4638 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

I do believe it will improve. I've found a few good deals, but I'm ready for the Barrels of Crud, baby!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

moosezilla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages moosezilla

i think they ought to change things up a bit. maybe put the basket of catepillars on the home site and not have it at the 3-5time slot that everyone seems to think will happen.

xxrahxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xxrahxx

I am now trapped in the library until 1) the Barrels of Crud appears or 2) A security guard kicks me out because the library has closed an hour ago.

DEDICATION

moosezilla

xxrahxx wrote:I am now trapped in the library until 1) the Barrels of Crud appears or 2) A security guard kicks me out because the library has closed an hour ago.

DEDICATION

are you sure it's dedication and not stupidity? you might be sleeping there tonight or at the police station...

xxrahxx

moosezilla wrote:are you sure it's dedication and not stupidity? you might be sleeping there tonight or at the police station...

Hmm you're right, but good thing this is a collegiate library!
Barrels of Crud or die!

capappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capappy

I am very interested in what you get when you buy one of these barrels o crud. Or bags of cute for that matter...

What is it? Actual barrels? Actual bags? I want one of either or both. Seems like it could be awesome.

is it safe to assume the the belligerent old camel happened while i slept? or is it the basket of condoms (expired) that i missed?

either way i am a relatively new wooter but i like it for the most part

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
capappy wrote:I am very interested in what you get when you buy one of these barrels o crud.

Bragging rights, mostly.

moosezilla

ginawoot wrote:Bragging rights, mostly.

you are very correct.

as to what they are they claim you get one bag, 3 items and maybe something else

nadine624

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nadine624

I'm still waiting (im)patiently for my monkeys! *innocent smile*

darkazura

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkazura

Haven't seen anything I really wanted so far but I'm glad it's picked up speed.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

We wants the red 'ead! We wants the red 'ead!

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna

Where's my Boatload of Cheese?!?!?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I've only had 3 hours sleep since this woot-off started. and will probably only get 3 more. Maybe this shirt.woot has left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm having a harder time just shoveling over money to woot. Last woot-off I gave them 90 dollars in shipping alone. (140 in the previous one) So far they've got 40 dollars of my money total.

sharkync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkync

Only a bamboo cutting board for me - so far...

xxrahxx

I've given up. THE WOOTOFF HAS SLAIN ME.
Farewell cruel interwebz.

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

I'm mostly bummed there haven't been hardly any food items. Wine Woot has truly been nothing but wine. I missed the caramels on regular Woot - always seem to post stuff like that when I'm asleep.

Let's see more food items - candy, cheese and by beloved truffle butter.

And not while I'm asleep, please. I'm a day sleeper (Arizona time). Let's see some snazzy food items during the evening.

PghRiverRat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PghRiverRat
capappy wrote:I am very interested in what you get when you buy one of these barrels o crud. Or bags of cute for that matter...

What is it? Actual barrels? Actual bags? I want one of either or both. Seems like it could be awesome

You get just what it says - crap! I've gotten 7 or 8 Barrels of Crud deals and most of the stuff I can't even GIVE away. I did get a monkey once, and some neat robots that I gave to my brother's kids so HE could spend the $20 on batteries for them. If you go to previous woot-offs and look at these comments for the crap bags many folks will post the contents and pictures after they get them. Highly overrated, but still fun to get.

Oh yeah, this woot-off - glad to see the Pinkys haven't burned the place down yet! LOL.

I like to cook with wine. In fact, I drank a bottle last night while cooking dinner!

mhg225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhg225

While I love the wootoff - they always seem to fall just before payday when my checking account is at it's lowest - however, I do have just enough in there should I be lucky enough to obtain a Big Ole Cookie!!

mhg

dlrosenthal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlrosenthal

Too much iTrash.

I'm not supporting a company who seems to find litigation more profitable than innovation.

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder
maraich wrote:I'm mostly bummed there haven't been hardly any food items. Wine Woot has truly been nothing but wine. I missed the caramels on regular Woot - always seem to post stuff like that when I'm asleep.

Let's see more food items - candy, cheese and by beloved truffle butter.

And not while I'm asleep, please. I'm a day sleeper (Arizona time). Let's see some snazzy food items during the evening.

Did someone say "truffle butter?" I don't know what that is, but it sounds like I could gain lots of weight with it. Yummmm

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Kind of bored with it this time. Probably my fault.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

skemsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skemsley

Its just a bad time of year. I'm so busy I forgot about the woot-off till about 3 yesterday...then I forgot again till just now. I'm hoping for a Bunch Of Candy, but not holding my breath.

AspiringArchitect

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AspiringArchitect

So sad I missed the Bucky Balls

jmb94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmb94

Can I change my vote to "Holy ---- this Sucks?"

dghoppe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dghoppe

What's a Woot-off? I don't see anything different. What am I missing?

Dale G. Hoppe

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten

It sucked, got better, got whiplash it was moving so fast and then when i went to bed only three items had passed.

And the tred of being ridiculously slow during the day seems to have picked back up from yesterday. I'm hoping i get home before a Barrels of Crud gets to bat, or that this woot off has mroe than one Barrels of Crud up by the time its all said and done, even though i'm pretty sure we're all just going to get TONS of shirts.

5/10- too many woot killers, and too much boring crap.

I quest for Crud.

shelladair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelladair

Perception of the woot-off may depend on when you work. From like 8am - 12pm on the East Coast, for example, it's one high-priced slow-moving item after another, then an interesting thing or two, then an hour of shirts.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Haven't seen anything I want yet...

Not been a bad woot-off; I'm just picky and poor. Plenty of things I would have bought if money wasn't tight.

As for what's in a Buttered Old Cod; from what I understand 99 times out of 100 nothing you really want. The only thing from the one and only I won that I use is a glow-in-the-dark tennis shock absorber. Haven't used it in the dark yet because I don't play tennis in the dark. (I do use my lobster bag I got in it quite a lot too actually- it's my family's picnic bag now).

However, it's like buying a lottery ticket. That $1 is not anything you'll get back... you know you won't win the big jackpot- but it is entertainment and gives you license to dream.

I imagine there will be a lot of extra small blank tees in this Bum of Connecticut- a lot of silly junk; however there is the anticipation... the wait... the dreams... the hopes that maybe you will win a PC, a Roomba, an inflatible Ben Wallace or a tablet.

Chances are you won't but- $8 buys you more entertainment than your average movie... and there is a chance you'll walk away with more than just pop-corn stuck to your butt.

c45513

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c45513

I have a coupon and I haven't even found anything yet. I got a mini tripod but thats it and only because it's more portable than my boring old regular size tripod. D:

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

Not enjoying this wootoff. I've only wooted once, so far.
Mostly boring. Maybe I'll go out & enjoy some sunshine.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mamawoot wrote:Not enjoying this wootoff. I've only wooted once, so far.
Mostly boring. Maybe I'll go out & enjoy some sunshine.

Enjoy the sun!

I'm just hanging out, really.

byronicman2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byronicman2

I agree with a previous poster... I'm picky and $ is tighter than normal.

whosgotmyusername

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whosgotmyusername

Just wondering - does anyone hear from (posts) Tater, Crow and the gang anymore? That was the best part of W00t0ffs (IMHO).

wut we have here is FAILURE to communicate!

mamawoot

The longer this goes on, the more I wish I had gone to work.

mamawoot

mamawoot wrote:The longer this goes on, the more I wish I had gone to work.

Phooey! I'm gonna take a nap! Yes, in the sunshine!
I fully expect the bandolier of carrots to show up whilst I sleep.

smackydafrog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smackydafrog

I always buy something, then it shows up in the woot-off two days later. Karma kills me

acmm94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acmm94

wheres the Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!?

Gyoin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gyoin

I'm a little mixed about this woot-off so far. A few items that were neat, but not the price I really wanted. Oh well. I'm at 3 Boggie old Creatures over the past four years (most recent one being last woot-off and getting a couple of nano bug sets or w/e) so maybe I'll get lucky again this month!

Wiggity

ashenkhar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashenkhar

I don't have the time for woot-offs.