0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

xxrahxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xxrahxx
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse
$34.99 + $5 Shipping

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Does this bad boy come with a warranty?

illbirz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illbirz

GOOODNIGHT!!! Sleeper!

drtaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drtaru
xxrahxx wrote:Does this bad boy come with a warranty?

From the product page:

Warranty: 90 Day Razer

robbystowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbystowe

yes, 90 days

azgalor0219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azgalor0219

Says 90 days right before the Features.

brettmagnetic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brettmagnetic

These are normally $70+ and are highly rated.

jeffdabney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffdabney

Can I use this mouse for anything other than gaming, or is it gaming only?

robbystowe

jeffdabney wrote:Can I use this mouse for anything other than gaming, or is it gaming only?

it works for anything, but its better than your standard mouse so it will be a lot smoother and more responsive

pearbear39

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pearbear39

be wary, this mouse is known to have a problem where when you lift it up the cursor jumps to the bottom right of the screen. this can be a huge problem when gaming.

brettmagnetic

jeffdabney wrote:Can I use this mouse for anything other than gaming, or is it gaming only?

Anything. Awesome mouse!

pr0gr4m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pr0gr4m

Gaming only...will not work on Windows machines. Can't be used with Word or Notepad either.

Melanthalady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melanthalady

I use one of their other models for non-gaming purposes and it's a beautiful specimen.

JohnWooten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnWooten

Using a Razor I bought on a Wootoff a year or so ago. I don't game, I justr wanted a good mouse. You don't need to use these just for gaming, but you do need to check the DPI settings. I used the recommended setting (1800 DPI?) and it's fine.

Lotsa stuff...

brettmagnetic

pr0gr4m wrote:Gaming only...will not work on Windows machines. Can't be used with Word or Notepad either.

Don't listen to this drivel. It will work perfectly fine with all OS and applications that use a mouse.

JohnWooten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnWooten

Using a Razor I bought on a Wootoff a year or so ago. I don't game, I just wanted a good mouse. You don't need to use these just for gaming, but you do need to check the DPI settings. I used the recommended setting (1800 DPI?) and it's fine.

They're also pretty tough- it's fallen on the floor a lot and I've never had a problem with it.

Lotsa stuff...

staynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages staynight

Mmm .. I think I'm in love.

pr0gr4m

brettmagnetic wrote:Don't listen to this drivel. It will work perfectly fine with all OS and applications that use a mouse.

Oh My Gookie! ! really?

sheckydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheckydog

An Imperator was a temporary title given to a victorious general. Will someone slaughter this woot and take the title...please

rithunder916

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rithunder916

bought one. bought my first razer off of wootoff, razer diamond back. Love them! use it every day!

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

w00t-offs used to be fun. Ever since the advent of Amazon (and I really WAS waiting for the w00t IPO), they've sucked.

As for this mouse...might as well call it the "impersonator," rather than the Imperator. Been there, done that.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

sheckydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheckydog
kippyj wrote:w00t-offs used to be fun. Ever since the advent of Amazon (and I really WAS waiting for the w00t IPO), they've sucked.

As for this mouse...might as well call it the "impersonator," rather than the Imperator. Been there, done that.

Sort of like this W00t-off

kippyj

sheckydog wrote:Sort of like this W00t-off

shecky, I've never met you, but I wish you would have been around when w00t was fun!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

1298ty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1298ty

These mice are always wootoff killers, but how do you kill a wootoff that's already dead?

shalaran

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shalaran

Has the bag of cookies come up yet? It didn't happen yesterday, so I assume its coming up randomly today/soon...

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Yes, I use a Razer Diamondback gaming mouse works great on all functions and does work on Windows. I Wooted this mouse in May 2008 and its still going strong, best mouse I've ever had.

pr0gr4m

kippyj wrote:w00t-offs used to be fun. Ever since the advent of Amazon (and I really WAS waiting for the w00t IPO), they've sucked.

Just curious...what exactly did Woot do differently before Amazon? Leak Frogs and Sansas?

acidcasualty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acidcasualty

This mouse has a known defect, and the company won't acknowledge it. It contains not only horizontal (X) and vertical (Y) sensors, but also a third sensor (Z) to tell it when you've lifted the mouse off the pad. There's a problem, however, with the Z axis sensor that causes the mouse to go dead suddenly, and unexpectedly.

Google 'razer imerator disconnects' or 'imperator stops working' and you'll see forums across the Web full of people complaining that the Razer Imperator seems to disconnect itself from the PC at random intervals. You have to unplug it and plug it back in and pray doing that works; otherwise you have to cold reboot to get the computer to sense the damn thing again.

DO NOT BUY,

Someday, on my deathbed, I'm sure I'll mutter something like, "I wish I'd spent more time on Woot waiting for Bags of Crap."

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

Argh, it's horribly comforting when you actually need something and it comes up on a woot-off.

Almost feels like I'm being dishonest...

In for 1.

pr0gr4m

acidcasualty wrote:This mouse has a known defect, and the company won't acknowledge it. It contains not only horizontal (X) and vertical (Y) sensors, but also a third sensor (Z) to tell it when you've lifted the mouse off the pad. There's a problem, however, with the Z axis sensor that causes the mouse to go dead suddenly, and unexpectedly.

Google 'razer imerator disconnects' or 'imperator stops working' and you'll see forums across the Web full of people complaining that the Razer Imperator seems to disconnect itself from the PC at random intervals. You have to unplug it and plug it back in and pray doing that works; otherwise you have to cold reboot to get the computer to sense the damn thing again.

DO NOT BUY,

But if no one buys...then we'll never get our Barrels of Crud

pupyluvr

quality posts: 50 Private Messages pupyluvr

Nope, It can only be used for Ubuntu Command Line.

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

No, if the mouse detects you aren't gaming, or that you aren't an overweight teenage boy without a girlfriend, it will cease to function.

kippyj

pr0gr4m wrote:Just curious...what exactly did Woot do differently before Amazon? Leak Frogs and Sansas?

The forums were fun. You're actually talking to the original w00t goddess, and we accumulated quite a few, back when it was almost all high school or college boys. It used to be SO much fun...they used to let us post pics, flirt, be funny, etc.

Thanks, Amazon, for ruining a good thing.

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter
breaddrink wrote:Argh, it's horribly comforting when you actually need something and it comes up on a woot-off.

Almost feels like I'm being dishonest...

In for 1.

If you think you need a gaming mouse, you should review the definition of "need".

kippyj

pr0gr4m wrote:Just curious...what exactly did Woot do differently before Amazon? Leak Frogs and Sansas?

BTW, you joined before myself, so if you'd been in the forums then, you wouldn't be asking me. It really used to be fun in here.

robbystowe

1298ty wrote:These mice are always wootoff killers, but how do you kill a wootoff that's already dead?

watch and learn...

kippyj

For the record, I've had around 36 randoms...I actually got a roomba in one and an HP printer in another, plus a LOT of fun toys. Ever since w00t joined with Amazon, though, it's not even worth trying. The last one I got had hanging strawberry planters. Rly? Srsly?

jpsalem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpsalem

The mouse SUCKS.

DO NOT BUY IT. I got one last woot-off. It lasted 4 days with having to plug and un-plug it before finally stopping working completely.

Worst mouse I ever bought.

I'm considering suing them under defective design theory because after researching online, this is a VERY COMMON problem that the sales rep I spoke with did not acknowledge as existing.