Zar000000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zar000000

So I can understand (and have read the various opinions by woot staff) about some post being deleted, but why delete a particular thread, just because it is negative...? no bad language mind you , just unhappiness...and not on the daily blog but here...

this is funny btw, podcast from back in 2006.... "Why'd you delete my post..."
http://www.woot.com/Files/wc_07-03-06%20post-IRB.mp3

I look at the world and I notice it's turning...

FatJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ

bad post.

Adrian S Jones

ehcropydoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehcropydoc

I officially give up on giving ANY comments on WOOT.

Its a freaking joke that someone can say, "DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!" and not get deleted and another person (me) says, "Oh, I have had a camera like that before, they are great!" and after about 5 F'ing seconds, BAM! my posts is removed. I just cant wrap my mind around this crap. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Thats all it is. I am so pissed about this. Sincerely, pissed off person.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Why was "kwelles" put on probation for so long?

Check this out:

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
ehcropydoc wrote:I officially give up on giving ANY comments on WOOT.

Its a freaking joke that someone can say, "DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!" and not get deleted and another person (me) says, "Oh, I have had a camera like that before, they are great!" and after about 5 F'ing seconds, BAM! my posts is removed. I just cant wrap my mind around this crap. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Thats all it is. I am so pissed about this. Sincerely, pissed off person.

If your post was a reply ro someone else's post, and the original gets nuked, yours goes too. It might not have been your post that was off-topic or non-quality, but the one you replied to. (Especially if it disappeared so quickly.)

gosh7001

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gosh7001

Hi Gatzby,
I don't appreciate what happened the other night while I was trying to post comments on the board. I don't know if you were having a bad day or what - I was not saying anything rude or unpleasant. I was however complaining about the price of the product which is allowed and the forum for that particular product is the place to put that information. I think that you are taking the comments a little too seriously and you are playing "big brother" which is something that Jason Toon is trying to avoid. You need to look at the link in your signature and you will see what I am talking about. I would calm it down if I were you or you might really upset the whole community with your deletions. You are a moderator and not big brother. You should make sure that there is not bad language, nude pics, and others trying to gain by posting on woot, etc... . In any case, I am sending Jason a copy of this so that he knows what is going on with your newly adopted policies. The community should be able to complain about pricing on a product - that is how us, the customer, lets woot know if we like or don't like the product or pricing on a product. It has been this way for as long as I have been a wootaholic. If there is a policy change, you might want to document it somewhere and then I might take you a little more seriously. I have spent thousands here at woot and I think you might want to check a person's history before you go off deleting information that might be useful to other woot customers. You risk losing a customer that does spend money with woot and you waste time with this nonsense.

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

I would like to know why my posts advertising #wootoff on EFNet for wootoff discussion/etc get deleted. You guys say because it's off topic and doesn't contribute to the product thread, but the same product threads are littered with useless pictures, lolcat posts, and other sewage that remains, yet I get my posts deleted and put on probation for making a single post advertising something related to the wootoff.

baffles

I would like to know why my posts advertising #wootoff on EFNet for wootoff discussion/etc get deleted. You guys say because it's off topic and doesn't contribute to the product thread, but the same product threads are littered with useless pictures, lolcat posts, and other sewage that remains, yet I get my posts deleted and put on probation for making a single post advertising something related to the wootoff.

Would it be more acceptable if I put the IRC info in my sig and posted some useless picture spam?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
baffles wrote:I would like to know why my posts advertising #wootoff on EFNet for wootoff discussion/etc get deleted. You guys say because it's off topic and doesn't contribute to the product thread, but the same product threads are littered with useless pictures, lolcat posts, and other sewage that remains, yet I get my posts deleted and put on probation for making a single post advertising something related to the wootoff.

Would it be more acceptable if I put the IRC info in my sig and posted some useless picture spam?

As always, we request that woot-off related links go in the World of Woot, instead of every product thread. The EfNet advertising seems to be consistently off-track on this, despite private messages, probations, etc.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

baffles

Gatzby wrote:As always, we request that woot-off related links go in the World of Woot, instead of every product thread. The EfNet advertising seems to be consistently off-track on this, despite private messages, probations, etc.

I have no problem with not posting in the product thread (I've only done it a handful of times and stopped doing it). My main issue is why are these off topic posts targetted while the plethora of other totally unrelated spam isn't?

spyderman4g63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages spyderman4g63

Why is uski allowed to automate a post nightly when he clearly has adsense on his site?

yayuhkyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yayuhkyle
gosh7001 wrote:Hi Gatzby,
I don't appreciate what happened the other night while I was trying to post comments on the board. I don't know if you were having a bad day or what - I was not saying anything rude or unpleasant. I was however complaining about the price of the product which is allowed and the forum for that particular product is the place to put that information. I think that you are taking the comments a little too seriously and you are playing "big brother" which is something that Jason Toon is trying to avoid. You need to look at the link in your signature and you will see what I am talking about. I would calm it down if I were you or you might really upset the whole community with your deletions. You are a moderator and not big brother. You should make sure that there is not bad language, nude pics, and others trying to gain by posting on woot, etc... . In any case, I am sending Jason a copy of this so that he knows what is going on with your newly adopted policies. The community should be able to complain about pricing on a product - that is how us, the customer, lets woot know if we like or don't like the product or pricing on a product. It has been this way for as long as I have been a wootaholic. If there is a policy change, you might want to document it somewhere and then I might take you a little more seriously. I have spent thousands here at woot and I think you might want to check a person's history before you go off deleting information that might be useful to other woot customers. You risk losing a customer that does spend money with woot and you waste time with this nonsense.

I lul'd at the blatant disregard of every other post in this thread that sought to elaborate on what the post-deletion policies are... 2 years after this thread was created.

Internet is serious business.

mjvaughn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjvaughn
Gatzby wrote:Greetings,

I just went through about 55 pages of deleted posts looking for your post and it is not there. We do not delete negative posts if they are on topic and present valid information. See above for more information.

You keep them all???

Bazinga!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mjvaughn wrote:You keep them all???

We don't but the system does automagically.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
ThunderThighs wrote:We don't but the system does automagically.

oye.

Nothing follows.

bogdana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogdana

I feel like the moderators are over-erasing posts. Im disappointed. This is my "official" complaint. We're supposed to have fun, converse, and if a few extra, non-spam, non-dirty posts makes people click a little more, so what.

I havent changed my style of posting, and I've had many of my posts erased and this didnt happen in 2008.