0%
0%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung SwitchGrip HD Camcorder
$149.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

Not interested.

mpatrick14

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mpatrick14

dang, tricked again

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore

ANOTHER CAMERA.

OK, who won?

goldenmug8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenmug8

ZZZZZZZZZZZOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG A CAMERA!!!!!

mrpockets19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrpockets19

welp.

clipscom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clipscom

I rolled my eyes when I saw this...

mhotspot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhotspot

sigh..

ScoopLV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScoopLV

Insert "switch grip" joke here.

kados

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kados

fail woot is fail

christinue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages christinue

gertiestn

quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

Thank the goddess. I was afraid we might never see another camera on Woot.

bcurtiswx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcurtiswx

So is there a way to strap all these camera's i've boughten three of to my fingers to get a 5D movie going?

tom760

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

no monkeys

no flying pigs

that confirms a 4 day

Roady672

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Roady672

I've been waiting for a camera.

kabrams88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabrams88
clipscom wrote:I rolled my eyes when I saw this...

For real, it's a running gag.

"More cameras! Take that!"

rawrvapor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawrvapor

oh boy!

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Whats this thing do?

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl

Thanks woot....buying again to replace the stolen one. Gonna take better care of this one, that's for sure. Now if only I could get the memory card back from the stolen one!

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

bwhahhaaa

dang
at least it aint the dreaded FACE

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

microware1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages microware1970

Camcorder... harumph. So, next... tablet or vacuum? Doubt it's gonna be a brown paper bag with a Question Mark on it.

crashck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crashck

I will buy this if it includes a Barrels of Crud

wootisthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootisthis

good night !! u guys can have my craap. boo!!!

jeepinmark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeepinmark

pwhitwor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwhitwor
3eyore wrote:ANOTHER CAMERA.

OK, who won?

I totally had camera but does this actually count as a "camera" or is camcorder a separate entity?

tferoli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tferoli

lol, "Full HD" = 720p

LJMillard

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LJMillard

I'm sure there's been a lot of grip-switching going on tonight while waiting for the bucket of carp! C'mon Woot! Have a heart. Appendages are going numb!

RomeoJN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RomeoJN

Ha! We were just talking about this camcorder earlier, and here it appears (while the rest of you are waiting for your crapola).

ScoopLV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScoopLV

The Police wrote a perfect song to sum up my feelings about this woot off.

It's called "Driven to Tears."

"Too many cameras, and not enough food. This is what we see. Driven to tears. Driven to tears."

mopar2ya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopar2ya

Well, I made it back... so refreshing to know that you can go away for a short 24 or so hour break and feel like you haven't missed a thing! ARRRGGHHH...

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Here is my theory I had last time a Camcorder came up...The theme has been cameras, so camcorders are just the (enter word) of cameras. So it's a subtle hint that the Barrels of Crud might be next, but I was wrong last time. And plus we're all tired so please don't beat me up too hard. It made more sense 10 hours ago...Here's a cat pic...

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
tom760 wrote:no monkeys

no flying pigs

that confirms a 4 day

It's only 9:46 woot-time

Hi people =þ

Djbuttolph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Djbuttolph

camcorder.woot.com?

christinue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages christinue
jeepinmark wrote:

Whoa, de ja vu

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Guess my first name and I will give you a free $5.oo Woot coupon

buck020

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buck020

Ooooo. I've heard about these. This type of camers would be ideal for someone that's been injured or only has use of their left arm. I've seen people so frustrated with having to try to hold video equipment made for right handed people! Bout time they figured something out!

Derkel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Derkel

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

A SORTA REVIEW
This looks great. As an owner of an older Samsung camcorder and digital camera, I have to give kudos to the Schneider-KREUZNACH Varioplan lens. Apparently, it's not just a marketing ploy. Schneider-KREUZNACH really did design and currently manufactures the lens. The lens have been universally praised in every Samsung camera for the virtual lack of chromatic and geometric aberrations.

My biggest complaint about previous Samsung camcorders was that you can't pause while recording. That was ironic since all their digital cameras can pause during video. Even the $69 models. Then again, virtually no other digital camera makers have pause during video. Nor do most camcorders under $250, as far as I know. Some people claim that it's not a big deal. Trust me, it's a big deal. With pausing, you end up with one file per session rather than lots of snippets that you later have to merge. Merging is not only time consuming, but can also degrade the video since the CODEC needs to recompress the points of merger. And playback is painful because there is no slideshow function for videos. Therefore, you have to manually press PLAY every minute or so to see the next video. And this can be very annoying if it's attached to the TV and you don't have a remote. Finally, every new snippet has overhead so it also takes up more memory, i.e. every snippet needs space for the title. date, specs, etc.

Well, Hallelujah, Samsung has finally put the Pause function in this camcorder! And clearly it's a big deal since the feature is mentioned twice! If I didn't already have a camcorder, I'd buy it just for this feature which no other company has for a camcorder of this price.

and unlike the pathetic JVC camcorder Woot before, this has OPTICAL stabilization, STILL photos and STEREO recording. The only two major cons are 1) At only 10x, the optical zoom is relatively low for a camcorder; 2) The still photo mode doesn't have flash. WHile this is an unusual feature, my Samsung camcorder does have flash.

From the description:
- Easy Operation via the 2.7” wide LCD screen allows the user to perform a variety of functions, including a pause function allowing you to stop and work out the best angle for your recording experience...
[...]
- Samsung Record Pause technology has also been introduced, allowing the user to take brief pauses in filming before re-starting, so they don’t need to merge files when finished

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726

Woot's new theme song: 'You Ought to be in Pictures'.