Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
saschab wrote:I'm delirious..is it over yet?

Soon....

Silly Rabbit......

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat

30 seconds and counting...

fachagooch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fachagooch
drbignate wrote:Last wooter to woot for over 10 minutes now.

I'm always amazed that the people who never buy do the most complaining.

I bought

bethany3cat

tick tock tick tock

jb03032003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb03032003
kippyj wrote:Yeah, but we had fun! I think that's when the Goddesses were invented. There weren't many women here back then.

Some of us women have been here longer than you!

fachagooch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fachagooch
bethany3cat wrote:tick tock tick tock

0100 EST

bethany3cat

and it's midnight in the CST

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

And it's over.

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith

Whiskey...Tango...Foxtrot?

clipscom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clipscom

4 days of a Woot off... I might kill myself

willb92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willb92

whoa

roxannez

quality posts: 13 Private Messages roxannez

OK. This Woot-off really sucked. Officially.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Stick a fork in it.

wasatchcars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wasatchcars

Its all over

danaswan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danaswan

Woot...is ....broken! Oh no! Or oh yes, since this has been a bad woot off on all counts.

Hey Woot, here is a hint..if you want to make us all woot-off and or check back many, many times during the morning/day/evening, how about NOT wooting the same item in a few hours?!? Just saying. Now get it together, make us proud and give us good woots! Or people will start seeking out other sites. You had it all at one time, so step up your game and get it back. Thanks, your loyal wooters!

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

Are we sure this is a 4 day Woot-Off and that there wasn't a loose cable fudging up the results?

dollarmtn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dollarmtn

RIP WOOT! - 3 day woot off, no Barrels of Crud I believe WOOT will soon become just a memory.

dopepeddler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopepeddler

No Monkeys! No Craps! Wow! Somehow, I feel violated. I guess Amazon is in charge now.

bethany3cat

nope, woot off is over.

no lights, no hd camcorder, no 4 days, no b of O and C

fxfuji

quality posts: 20 Private Messages fxfuji
danaswan wrote:Woot...is ....broken! Oh no! Or oh yes, since this has been a bad woot off on all counts.

Hey Woot, here is a hint..if you want to make us all woot-off and or check back many, many times during the morning/day/evening, how about NOT wooting the same item in a few hours?!? Just saying. Now get it together, make us proud and give us good woots! Or people will start seeking out other sites. You had it all at one time, so step up your game and get it back. Thanks, your loyal wooters!

For those of you wondering about the Barrels of Crud, my theory is that the c.r.a.p. escaped their b.a.g.s. and found their way into the wootoff. }>

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000

No more lights....

I am disappointed.

dollarmtn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dollarmtn
dopepeddler wrote:I guess Amazon is in charge now.

My thoughts exactly ...

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

Woot has set a new standard for WORST WOOTOFF EVER.

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms
ymagness wrote:

this turkey is cooked!

Well, since we all are just sitting around and twiddling our (thumbs), we may as well take this time to enjoy our Chicken Dinner for the next 15 minutes... It's Henry, isn't it?

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

crowbite

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crowbite

I'm proud to say that I didn't buy anything. In fact I only looked at it once or twice an hour, if I wasn't doing anything else. This isn't Woot any more, it's just a bunch of hucksters selling garbage, much like ThingFling or the other low-class sites.

Maybe it's being run by the federal government... who else could possibly fawk it up so badly?

bna2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bna2112

Amazon here I come, my new official source to buy crap I don't need.

specialized999

quality posts: 5 Private Messages specialized999

Did woot officially sell out and not have a wootoff WITHOUT a Barrels of Crud or a flying monkey? Has this ever happened?

TheDuckofLaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDuckofLaw

now I'm as sad as the bunny :-(

buphey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buphey

Naughty woot! Sad day, actually 3 sad days to woot-ville. No Barrels of Crud No monkeys. Very little quirky (leak frogs are still quirky to me). Humph.

I don't get it. You built your following on the unexpected. The square pegs for the round holes. And now this? So sad. My Pavlovian response to yellow woot lights has changed from childlike joy and giddiness to woeful disappointment. Thanks woot for killing one of little things that made my world happy.

roxannez

quality posts: 13 Private Messages roxannez
glazedfaith wrote:Whiskey...Tango...Foxtrot?

LOL

GruntmaN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GruntmaN

See sig: I guess I never will now. How can it be that they even ALLOWED a woot0ff without a box of cigars?

5+ years and still no box of Carolinas.
sigh...

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
fxfuji wrote:For those of you wondering about the Barrels of Crud, my theory is that the c.r.a.p. escaped their b.a.g.s. and found their way into the wootoff. }>

They haven't finished the remedial math lessons so that they can get three craps in a bag yet.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

beggarscoin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beggarscoin

Apparently many of you are still surprised by what has happened here. Amazon bought Woot. Now Woot is nothing more than a place for Amazon to attempt to offload the c.rap they can't seem to sell on Amazon. That's why the repeated items constantly. That's why the lack of an actual deal at any time. That's why no b.ag of c.rap. And let's be honest, with Amazon in control, the b.ag of c.rap would be.... well, just a b.ag someone c.rapped in. Kudos to those of you who were here before the buyout, I commiserate with those who weren't that lucky and cheers to the guys who sold Woot to the devil for being able to make a mint and still retain jobs writing clever little blurbs to keep the masses believing it's still a nifty, cult website that "wooters" get to be a part of. I'll stick to rarely checking deals.woot since it has things from other sites and move on with my life knowing that the always true has been proven again: All good things must come to an end.

Melanthalady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melanthalady

That was - without question - the absolute worst Woot Off I have ever witnessed.

I've been around since 2008 and I usually love Woot Offs even if I find nothing. It's like going to a garage sale. Sometimes they have nothing but a 300 piece collection of garden gnomes their (now departed) granny bought them and some heinous sweaters but you still leave amused.

The atrocity which called itself a Woot Off this week reminds me of a garage sale as well - one in which the tenants of a crack house sold their living room set which smelled like urine and had visible rodent holes to someone I knew in college. Needless to say, that furniture went into the basement (which later flooded) and was never spoken of again.

Melanthalady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melanthalady
bna2112 wrote:Amazon here I come, my new official source to buy crap I don't need.

You're already on Amazon - it's spelled W-o-o-t-!

brows141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brows141

Oh well so much for this site. Another corporate giant buys out a smaller company. Sucks the life out of it and ruins what made Woot the greatest "deal a day" website on the web. It's a pitty that they did away with the flying monkeys, the yellow usb lights, bacon salt and the Box Of Crackers. It was fun while it lasted, now we can all go outside and get lives.

I never did manage to get a Barrels of Crud Guess I will never know.

So how do we cancel our Woot account?

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11

Ahhh...to have been a Wooter when woot was young. There ISN'T always a ballsack off center with every woot-off. Just on Most wootoffs. But there always used to cool electronic stuff you didn't know existed and just had to have. And never the same poop twice. I used to stay up until the new stuff posted every nite before going to bed. Now I only check if it's convenient. Too many laptops and tablets and I-pod aftermarket crud now.

I like Amazon for what it is, but they changed Woot into something that just isn't worth a penny buried in a turd.

erikaalto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erikaalto

They at least sold a humidor

- Erik

MarkZiemba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkZiemba
kippyj wrote:They've never done four days. Their own rules say 24-72 hours, so if they go the full 72 hours it will just end at midnight, Central Time, bag or no bag.

Well then, I guess I stumbled onto a loophole. I was running Wootalyzer and you know it opens a new screen for each new Woot. The current Woot showed the two laptops, but I opened a previous window on the browser, saw the Samsung Camcorder and thought, "What the hey" while hitting the "I want one" button. Lo and Be Old it worked! I bought the Camcorder after 3 AM EST on the 24th! Check it out, I'm the little 1% bump on the 2 AM line in the "Percentage of Sales Per Hour", AND my name is listed as the last Wooter to Woot. So we've officially debumked the "rule" that Woot Offs cannot last more than 72 hours. This one was 75 hours! WooHoo

Still didn't get a chance at a Barrels of Crud though... never saw it and I'm guessing here that Wootalyzer doesn't report it... but wouldn't it show up on the Community listing? I'm over 100 years old and I still miss it every time.

MarkZiemba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkZiemba

They banned this in China... it seems that the phrase "Coke Adds Life" translates to "Coke Returns Your Ancestors From The Dead". Not good for sales.